Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 08:27 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times

Advertisements

Censorship is un-American, and is the antithesis of Free Speech.

''By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.''

“Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.”
George Carlin

https://youtu.be/asZ1R-Xylj4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 08:09 AM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

“Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.”
George Carlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZ1...ature=youtu.be

`

I must say George Carlin, whose wit I always enjoyed, has a lot in common with Tucker Carlson;

`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFydGLt79y4

Their styles are certainly different, but they can cut through the bovine excrement better than most.

`

Old 09-03-2020, 03:22 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quite correct, and the Leftists have wanted Tucker Carlson fired for telling the truth on several occasions, including a currently running attempt over something he exposed a couple days ago.

I expect the Leftists to aim their cancel culture at George Carlin before too long.

Old 09-03-2020, 05:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

George Carlin

https://youtu.be/asZ1R-Xylj4
You got that about right. I am so tired of PC: it is BS as far as I am concerned.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Actually, Political Correctness is just old fashioned good manners and respect (or at least lack of bad manners and disrespect) expanded to historic out-groups. It means taking the wishes of the marginalized into account before making a decision about how to behave and how to run things.

To the historically privileged, even fairness and decency feels like oppression.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:58 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Actually, Political Correctness is just old fashioned good manners and respect (or at least lack of bad manners and disrespect) expanded to historic out-groups. It means taking the wishes of the marginalized into account before making a decision about how to behave and how to run things.

To the historically privileged, even fairness and decency feels like oppression.
That is a good way of explaining the other side of the pancake, but I would much prefer knowing where a person is truly coming from, not the sugar coated version.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:15 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Quite correct, and the Leftists have wanted Tucker Carlson fired for telling the truth on several occasions, including a currently running attempt over something he exposed a couple days ago.

I expect the Leftists to aim their cancel culture at George Carlin before too long.

I live in leftist nirvana Seattle for over 25 years. I had the pleasure of seeing Carlin live a few years before he passed away. It was not surprising that perhaps 10% of the audience got up and left within 20 minutes of listening to Carlin. It was a thing of absolute beauty! I think even George enjoyed the intolerance and made a few quips about it during the show

Old 09-03-2020, 11:31 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That is a good way of explaining the other side of the pancake, but I would much prefer knowing where a person is truly coming from, not the sugar coated version.
And I am going on the side of freedom of speech.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:09 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post

Absolute horse manure. Political Correctness allows indecent and uncivilized behavior on the Left to go unchecked and allows mental illness to go unchallenged. It is a cancer on society, and those who promote it should be called out, and if possible, horse whipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
And I am going on the side of freedom of speech.
I will go a step further and be intolerant of despicable and loathsome tyrants of the Leftist Mob. They have, through years of unchecked tyranny, caused irreparable damage to the US, and it is because of them that there will be increasing violence this fall and winter.

Political Correctness is one of their most dangerous and loathsome tools, as its goal is to hamstring the mind.

Quote:
Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet.
Robert Charles Winthrop
Liberty is for those who choose to be controlled by a power within them.
The Leftists have chosen the Bayonet, and our country has crossed the line.
There is no going back.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:44 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
It's certainly not PC to say that ALL Lives Matter these days even though the Left demands it with their "Equality for all" movements, saying ALL Lives Matter is Hate Speech.

We can't even say that black suspects need to stop fighting the Police and resisting arrest or we will be called a racist.

It is just common sense to follow the orders of the Police especially when they have their guns drawn on you but no we can't talk about that because those cops are all trigger happy racists just itching to blow away a black kid...

We can't talk about that because it is not PC.

The statues coming down. The renaming of anything that may be deemed offensive is all a bunch of PC knee jerk feel good nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies