Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 11:16 PM

380 posts, read 126,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Thank you for saying I disagree in a respectful manner. I wish every poster would do that. You know, kneeling has nothing to do with disrespect of our flag. Trump made it about the flag and disrespect to our military which has divided our country even more. But kneeling has been going on since the civil rights movement. People who think it's about the flag really need to educate themselves.
Kneeling has nothing to do with the flag or military. It's an 'eff you' to America ... white America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 11:20 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Kneeling has nothing to do with the flag or military. It's an 'eff you' to America ... white America.
Sos they linked arms --- and you still think it is going after you.

Not all white men are so paranoid. Us suburban housewives aren't either.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If it means so little, why so triggered?
Triggered? LOL! So now if someone questions stupidity it means they're 'triggered'?

These nifty little slogans aren't going to do anything to help anybody. It's all for show.

Personal Responsibility Matters.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 PM

5,746 posts, read 2,797,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Triggered? LOL! So now if someone questions stupidity it means they're 'triggered'?

These nifty little slogans aren't going to do anything to help anybody. It's all for show.

Personal Responsibility Matters.
If it’s all for show and meaningless I’ll ask you, why so triggered?

Old 09-10-2020, 11:54 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,422,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Like i told another poster, what’s confusing you is their compassion for people who aren’t rich and entitled.
Compassion? Lmao, you really are naive. Why aren’t these players out on the streets of Chicago when Blk children are being killed on a daily basis? Why aren’t these players telling their brethren’s to stop murdering people and destroying communities? Compassion...... pffff, Lol.

The booing was more than justified. Americans know this BLM nonsense is BS.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:19 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,914,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
NFL is big money. How many if those guys are coming over?

Oh, right, exactly zero.
Shrug as if big money = quality. To each their own, I'll go for the faster paced game with more action.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:24 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,914,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Thank you for saying I disagree in a respectful manner. I wish every poster would do that. You know, kneeling has nothing to do with disrespect of our flag. Trump made it about the flag and disrespect to our military which has divided our country even more. But kneeling has been going on since the civil rights movement. People who think it's about the flag really need to educate themselves.
Only the truth.

The kneeling thing. They can kneel on their own time and not make political statements while on the clock. There is a reason most work places don't allow employees to make political statements on company property or while on the clock.

While I respect their right to protest, I disagree with their method and timing. It really is as simple as that.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:25 AM

4,799 posts, read 3,326,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Every game has some mean hits. The NFL might have a dozen players on a team that would last half a game at best in Australian rules Football. After getting hooked on ARFL the NFL is like watching golf.
Never watched Australian League Football, but I would only have to compare both in height and weight as far as hits to tell the story. Not to say those guys are not tough.
It is like comparing the NHL to the NFL. Most NHL players would never last on a football field (not big enough) yet I would take an average NHL player over an NFL player in a fist fight, only because many NHL players get some fight training.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:09 AM

4,799 posts, read 3,326,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think the wording they went with is more or less fine, it's not political even if we know it's an offshoot of the current situation. What I have a problem with is (1) players not coming out for the anthem, (2) kneeling on the anthem, and (3) the NFL inventing a "Black anthem" which is complete nonsense and INCREDIBLY INSULTING, they are saying the star spangled banner is a white anthem, there is no way to deny this
It was customary at NFL games to play the NA before players took the field up until 2009. It was then the NFL decided to take money (millions) from the military. (Paid Patriotism)

Old 09-11-2020, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sos they linked arms --- and you still think it is going after you.

Not all white men are so paranoid. Us suburban housewives aren't either.
Pay attention.

I was responding to a post regarding kneeling.

I don't care about linked arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies