Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2020, 04:42 AM

380 posts, read 125,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If it’s all for show and meaningless I’ll ask you, why so triggered?
Answer the question that was asked to you first.

Anyway,

Complying With Law Enforcement Matters.

Respecting Law Enforcement Matters.

Good Credit Matters.

Last edited by devdaen; 09-11-2020 at 04:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 04:45 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If it means so little, why so triggered?
I tend to be triggered by racism and segregation. Which was apparently on display before the game.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:52 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
NBA is the one league where ratings are down heavily across the board

MLB had big numbers to start, but have really fizzled in the past 1-2 weeks
I’ll tell you why, because all these social justice tantrums are turning everyone off, even liberals. These guys are doing nothing short off pooping where they eat. Huge mistake for them.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:00 AM

380 posts, read 125,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I’ll tell you why, because all these social justice tantrums are turning everyone off, even liberals. These guys are doing nothing short off pooping where they eat. Huge mistake for them.
It's not turning off liberals.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:36 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
BLM has you that triggered huh? I wonder what happens to you when you see someone wearing a BLM t shirt.
How about some improved t-shirts with the following "BLM only matters when blacks are killed by a white cop, we don't care about black on black crime" or "BLM sponsored by George Soros and the Rothschilds"?

Old 09-11-2020, 05:55 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I tend to be triggered by racism and segregation. Which was apparently on display before the game.
And where was the racism & segregation you saw before the game?

Old 09-11-2020, 05:56 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
And where was the racism & segregation you saw before the game?
Invented by the MEDIA.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:02 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,860,337 times
You all do realize the NFL is doing this for the players. This is what the players want & the players are the ones people turn on the TV for, & whose jerseys people buy. Take away the star players & you have no NFL.

The majority of the players & a good percentage of the staff & coaches are people of color. The few white players are also on board.

Like they said last night, the players want to do something. I say good for them for at least caring & wanting unity & equality. This is a start, & they'll do more. I hope they do more to help promote equality. But even if they gave a billion dollars to inner city Chicago most of you on here would still criticize them because there's racial undertones to a lot of this hate. It doesn't take a college degree to see that.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:09 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
You all do realize the NFL is doing this for the players. This is what the players want & the players are the ones people turn on the TV for, & whose jerseys people buy. Take away the star players & you have no NFL.

The majority of the players & a good percentage of the staff & coaches are people of color. The few white players are also on board.

Like they said last night, the players want to do something. I say good for them for at least caring & wanting unity & equality. This is a start, & they'll do more. I hope they do more to help promote equality. But even if they gave a billion dollars to inner city Chicago most of you on here would still criticize them because there's racial undertones to a lot of this hate. It doesn't take a college degree to see that.
It is totally ego driven by the players. They think they can tell their fans Eff you and they will still watch, adore and pay them. That's not the case. This has nothing to do with altruism but ego and cockiness.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:09 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:

You do realize that no player is going to go against the grain. That would literally get them blasted in the media. They would be called out for not being "woke". Cue Drew Brees. They are just going to go with the flow and receive their fat paychecks.

Notify me when the players all get together and offer a billion dollars to the city of Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies