Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 01:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Race riots, poorly manged pandemic with American bodies piling up, massive national debt, massive unemployment, Iowa famers and American corporations going belly up, other leaders around the world laughing at him behind his back (and in front of him for that matter)....he's definitely handing back the keys with the country in much worst condition than he got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hne29xkUPbg
The race riots happening in liberal cities and being egged on by Dem politicians is Trumps fault?

The pandemic blindsided us. The Democrats were calling Trump racist in the beginning for banning China travel and saying people should congregate in Chinatown. Hospitalizations are going down massively yet Dems are the ones wanting to keep restrictions going on forever

Nobody gives two craps what pretty boy Trudeau thinks. The guy who says using the word “mankind” is sexist

Old 09-06-2020, 01:23 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,196,312 times
Amazing it is when Anon Y Mouse speaks, the idjits listen.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:28 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The race riots happening in liberal cities and being egged on by Dem politicians is Trumps fault?

The pandemic blindsided us. The Democrats were calling Trump racist in the beginning for banning China travel and saying people should congregate in Chinatown. Hospitalizations are going down massively yet Dems are the ones wanting to keep restrictions going on forever

Nobody gives two craps what pretty boy Trudeau thinks. The guy who says using the word “mankind” is sexist
classic poor leadership, pass the buck, blame others ----Trump ignored the threat in Feb, mocked COVID in March. Said it would suddenly disappear. Blocked Chinese travel after 40,000+ had already made their way into our country. Mocked the required safety measures. Ignored requests for PPE. Mocked governors. LIBERATE ---he sabotaged our response. Did little other than brought about ventilators that never were used. He's blaming everyone but himself. And you chumps have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. But you'll be booted out soon enough.....national debt and umemployment at all time highs. Iran and N. Korea still working on their nukes, unchecked. NATO is weaker. Russia is stronger. Our standing in the world hasn't been worse since the 1930s.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:28 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
On both accounts of women and war dead Trump vocalized pretty darn obvious in your face truisms of life polite society pretend do not exist. Factually he's right, but being right makes him wrong.
Not factually right or right in any way, shape or form.

My dad fought in WWII. Many of his shipmates and his friends did not make it back. I don't care what you or Trump think of them. They were heroes. Their sacrifices gave you the opportunity to opine on anything you want freely.

So if my dad had the misfortune of making it out alive he would be a loser to you?

And sexually assaulting women is never ok, star or not. Look at Ron Jeremy. He seems to have taken the Trump path on that and what 30 or more women are claiming he assaulted them. Likely to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:31 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,295,043 times
Quote:
Yeah you want to go back to the Bush/Cheney days. Luckily most don’t
Trump supporters like you are going to cause us to have years of a Democratic president and Democratic congress. You're going to get what you fear the most. Why are you so blind?

Old 09-06-2020, 01:35 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Wasn’t it Dems who predicted the end of the world when Trump entered office? That he would immediately start a nuclear war and throw immigrants into concentration camps ?
Just like Trumpers are predicting the end of the world if Biden wins, as they did when Obama won. Both parties have plenty of idiots that say stupid things.

As I have said life will go on fine for myself no matter who wins. The government does not control the quality of my life.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:44 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am a Libertarian and not a Trump hater. Very disappointed in Trump for how he has conducted himself as President.
Same here.

It's too bad he didn't decide to raise, or at least try to raise, his level of character to meet what the office asks..

That last part that I italicized has been mentioned a few times on CD this year and, even more recently (after CD) Obama mentioned in some recent remarks.

Quote:
Lots of people like me believe this story. I am in a town that voted 70% for Trump. My neighbor who is in his 80's and votes GOP and voted for Trump is deeply disturbed by the story and thinks Trump probably said this.
My county of 607k+ (2019 estimate), Montgomery County, TX, went 73% for Trump, and was the only county in the U.S. where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100k votes.

Quote:
I believe these sources did say what several reporters say they said. There is a chance all these sources are lying but this story fits the kind of thing Trump says especially with what he said about McCain. Trump needs the military vote so he patronizes them. But he thinks little of people who join the armed forces. He had a chance to serve and look what happened.

My guess is Trump has said all sorts of things like this and even worse. And my guess is some of this was recorded. Even this losers comment might have been. This stuff will be released closer in the coming weeks. I suggest Trumpers put on their seat belts its going to be a rough ride.
At some point weren't supporters who are veterans giving him their medals ? And didn't he keep them on the credenza behind the resolute desk for a while ?

I wonder if he actually admires the veterans, but derides them out of jealousy .

Old 09-06-2020, 01:53 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not factually right or right in any way, shape or form.

My dad fought in WWII. Many of his shipmates and his friends did not make it back. I don't care what you or Trump think of them. They were heroes. Their sacrifices gave you the opportunity to opine on anything you want freely.

So if my dad had the misfortune of making it out alive he would be a loser to you?

And sexually assaulting women is never ok, star or not. Look at Ron Jeremy. He seems to have taken the Trump path on that and what 30 or more women are claiming he assaulted them. Likely to spend the rest of his life in prison.
First, a sexual assault is in the eyes of a beholder. Frequently it is a sexual assault only if a poorer less attractive guy does it. Life is unfair in that way. Second, there is little doubt upper classes despise lower classes in general and lower classes in uniform that can be herded and shipped to kill and to be killed 10000 miles away in a war they do not understand or benefit from. Trump just said some things we all know are true.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:54 PM

518 posts, read 400,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Donald Trump strikes again.......

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...hk9gOpuT4hejvg

.....he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations.
It is not gonna go to well for Trump in Nov.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:56 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Unfortunately, this is how I think many trump supporters feel. This is not the Republican party I thought I knew..
Its more like a cult.
Like Jim Jones Style.

It is more important to stand by Team Trump than it is to stand by and support historical policies.
Trump could go 100% Communist in policies and that would not matter either to his fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies