Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2020, 02:17 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times

Advertisements

Old 09-11-2020, 02:20 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And now it turns out Trump has relocated the POW flag from its place on top of the White House to the far corner of the lawn.
That man is utterly despicable.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:22 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Military times SUCKS as a reference. They have for many years. Then again if you are part of the military world, you would know that (it will be part of my and my kids life for the rest of our lives).
Amen sister.

Military Times (and Navy Times, when I was in the Nav) is a propaganda rag. Bloviating works of fiction on their best day. And I say that as a 10 year vet who has read more than my fair share of those tabloid-esque rags.

I couldn't care less about Trump, but I ferociously hate the concept that "anonymous" accusations confer guilt and the accused must do the logically impossible and prove a negative (that they did NOT do a thing), else the accusation and its conferred guilt stick. I hate it no matter who does it, who they do it to, or why.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:34 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
A General Officer who is receiving kick-backs for contracts and arms sales or other illicit activity needs to be charged under UCMJ. If Trump is aware of these things happening and doing nothing other than tweeting, he's not being a responsible leader.

If he's complaining about General Officers obtaining jobs after leaving the military, then get Congress to make a law forbidding this. Some FED jobs are off limits to Soldiers for a period of time to prevent a conflict of interest.

Interesting that the POTUS can leave office and make a bundle giving speeches, writing books, being a consultant, etc. I'm sure FOX News has a job waiting for him right after he gets dismissed in November 2020.

Senators, Members of Congress, Cabinet members all can go to lobbying jobs, industry and make a fortune, too. But he focuses on General Officers in the Pentagon.

Meanwhile members of his own cabinet have been dismissed over scandals. Maybe he ought to clean up his own department.....himself included (Emoluments Clause, Hotel business).
And if that doesn't pan out he can always get a job shining Vladimir Putin's bootskies.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:43 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
Quote:
Donald Trump strikes again.......

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...hk9gOpuT4hejvg

.....he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations.
Duh, he hates blue collar and other working class types. Not surprised.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFyB7NsqKjs

Old 09-11-2020, 09:33 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
And now it turns out Trump has relocated the POW flag from its place on top of the White House to the far corner of the lawn.
He's not too keen on those that were captured

Old 09-11-2020, 09:37 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
It turns out you're lying again.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:43 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
I find it interesting to hear Trump commemorate 9/11 thanking everyone who served.

Such as hypocrite as the General Officers/Flag Officers who he recently denigrated as "profiteers" all have served in a variety of levels for the entirety of their careers in the War Against Terror and finding the savage responsible for killing our Americans on Flight 93, the Pentagon, and WTC. He just has no clue.

9/11 occurred when many of these General Officers were company grade officers leading troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Trump is just a sick, depraved, morally corrupt human being.
The notion that being a general makes one perfect is utterly idiotic. Trump has every right to call out wrongdoing by his officers, and it takes a warped individual to object to that.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:44 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It turns out you're lying again.
Nope. He didn't make any friends moving it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2621DT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies