Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 11:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Several people there flat out denied it oor those closest to him deny that he would say it....you're just ignoring them because it's easier to make your point, rather than to go with what is more logical.

Now:
Is Pompeo a liar?
Is Esper a liar?
Is huckabee a liar?

If you're suggesting that they aren't telling the truth...then I guess the only person left to believe is an unnamed, unverifiable source.
Even if they are not lying it doesn't mean Trump didn't say it, it would only mean they didn't hear it.

Unfortunately Trumps words are in line with what he has said in the past. He harbors lot of contempt for the military.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:32 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Credible journalists with integrity don’t reveal their sources who wish to remain unnamed. It’s unfortunate you don’t understand this.

With regard to Trump, he is a known habitual liar and has denigrated McCain for being captured. In that context, pitting Trump’s denial (and his orbit of liars) against the work of a journalist with integrity (corroborated by several journalists with integrity, no less) is not even a contest in any reasonable American’s mind.

This article has credibility because Trump and his associates don’t. Get over it and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Maybe you should consult your Trump tarot cards to divine their motivations. It doesn’t change the fact that these journalists who corroborated the allegations in the article are acting with integrity by protecting the identity of their sources who wish to remain unnamed. Have fun with your divination exercise!
And it means people will rightfully not believe their story from “anonymous” witnesses

There’s a reason the story isn’t even trending anymore

Old 09-06-2020, 11:32 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump was responding to McCain’s attacks on him first

Something people tend to forget
No. Trump started the whole thing when he said essentially the same thing he did in 2015. Both were unprovoked attacks on McCain.

Here's a Brief History of Donald Trump's Feud with John McCain

https://time.com/4993304/john-mccain...-feud-remarks/

The bad blood between the two men appears to have started as early as 1999, when Trump was asked about various candidates running for the Republican nomination in a “60 Minutes” interview.
“He was captured … Does being captured make you a hero? I don’t know. I’m not sure,” he said.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:34 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump called McCain a loser for being caught and being a POW. Of course Trump has said this sort of thing in the past. Not a big stretch for him to do it again.

Yes, yes and yes. All 3 many times over. They have all lied for Trump in the past. Just one example of each:

Esper lied about the church photo op in what he know about it.

Esper revises account of what he knew about Trump's church photo op

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...r-gen-n1222391

Pompeo lied and said Soleimani posed an imminent threat of attacking us troops. Turned out to be a lie.
Trump Administration’s Shifting Statements on Soleimani’s Death

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/tr...eimanis-death/

Sanders lied about the role of Papadopoulos in the Trump campaign calling him a low level volunteer 10 times at a news conference. He was a senior policy advisor and part of Trump's inner circle.

Was Papadopoulos a ‘Low-Level Volunteer’?

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/pa...vel-volunteer/

I hear what you're saying--but personally for me, I tend to lend credence to fact rather than here say.

Now for the sake of argument--I'm voting for Trump regardless. This isn't enough to sink him imo.

It just amazes me, how an unnamed, unverified source from a left wing newspaper can hold so much credibility in someone's mind, when those very same sources have not only endorsed Trump's opponents--but they've openly lied and made incendiary or misleading headlines and accusations in the past...

Then you have hard left wing democrats on this very forum--purposely lying to themselves with logic that wouldn't hold an thimble's worth of credit in a court room.

It's just hilarious that everyone who was there or knows him personally--denied it...and are therefore called "loyalists" and "liars"--yet the unnamed, unverified source, from his opponents is credible. Unbelievable.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:37 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Lying Sarah Sanders, and this is who Trump's supporters are holding up as a witness to his situation in France, why oh why are people thinking we are so stupid as to believe lying Sarah??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTLzjTe9mJg
She's a very strong Christian, or maybe that's her cover, or something.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:39 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
What?
DJT admitted that he said, It, by admitting that there is a leak?
If DJT didn't say, It, then there isn't a 'leak', to leak.

4 criteria:
Do you follow this man into battle?
Do you want your children to emulate this man?
How many Commandments does this man keep?
Would you enter into a contract with this person?

Damage was done.
Sarah, didn't you listen to your Father?

Old 09-06-2020, 11:40 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump was responding to McCain’s attacks on him first

Something people tend to forget
So what.

Restraint is something a President or POTUS candidate should exercise.

Unless we're talking about a tete-a-tete with another world leader, a POTUS or POTUS candidate shouldn't have an attitude about caring about being 'dissed'.

Trump should have let what came from McCain roll off of his back.

But he didn't because he's thin skinned and insecure.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:46 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
I hear what you're saying--but personally for me, I tend to lend credence to fact rather than here say.

It's just hilarious that everyone who was there or knows him personally--denied it...and are therefore called "loyalists" and "liars"--yet the unnamed, unverified source, from his opponents is credible. Unbelievable.

I have no idea if the story is true. And so you know Gen. Kelly as well as Gen. Dunford who were both there have refused to deny it happened. Their silence is deafening.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:46 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
So in otherwords, Bolton didn't hear him say it...Pompeo denied it, Esper denied it, and Huckabee denied it.

Why is an unnamed, unverifiable source more credible? Other than your personal belief, how does that make any sense?

You purposely, and conveniently avoid this question.
Your obvious attempts to deflect criticism from Trump seems like a paltry side dish to the fact of Trump's history of belligerency with the military command. Why are you so convinced of his innocence? Are you fearing his downfall? Are you afraid the truth of his past verbal blunders may come to light?

Or are you simply one more supporter who just doesn't really care about how he conducts himself--as long as you get what you want through him? Esper, Pompeo, and lying Sarah's support, are no match for what we all know about Trump, that he is simply one more liar who has surrounded himself with people of ill repute. Whether one is president or pauper, you will be judged largely by your past words and actions.

The hatred of the Democratic party, for some people, is enough to justify allowing this tragedy of a man to continue to lead America, who really cares what this one story reveals, you should know by now that Trump is unfit, no matter what his motives were in France. I suspect many in the GOP leadership may be rejoicing at Trump's faux pas and the ensuing spectacle that, by all rights, should be his Waterloo.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:

Now for the sake of argument--I'm voting for Trump regardless. This isn't enough to sink him imo.
Of course. His apologists will vote for him no matter what. That is a given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies