Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 10:00 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm going to be voting for Trump and I'm more than happy to admit that he's a pompous ass. But the Leftist smear here is something you could only take seriously if you were completely deranged, imagining Trump to be a mindlessly evil villain.

There are some people who are mostly good. There are some people that are mostly bad. Most people are lot of both. Nobody who has ever lived is pure evil. The Left seems to believe that Donald Trump is pure evil and that's why they will believe absolutely anything bad about Trump no matter how far fetched it sounds.

If somebody had accused Barack Obama of saying the same things, the vast majority of Republicans would have thought, "I really don't like the guy, but I really doubt that he said that." I don't know if there's any limit at all to what the Left will believe about Trump. If it's within the capability of a human being and somebody says "Trump did X bad thing" or "Trump said X bad thing" they will instantly passionately believe it.

In the end, this was all a stunt to try to get the attention away from the Leftist Red Guard shock troops rampaging and murdering all across America.
Hes far worse than that. Hes corrupted and completely incompetent for the job and in over his head since Day 1

Old 09-05-2020, 10:03 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think he's a lot more intelligent than you realize.

Why don't you try becoming a billionaire, then becoming the most powerful man in the world as US President, and withstand 4 years of nonstop, daily Democrat attacks and hate, backed by an all-powerful mainstream media that tries to convince the public of the same hatred and lies?

It takes a special type of person to withstand that, and you or I could never do it.
Isn’t that hard when daddy leaves you hundreds of millions. Could stick it in an index fund and still become a billionaire.

Is he really withstanding it? The guys got pretty thin skin. Throwing a hissy fit on Twitter isn’t “withstanding” it.

The media does that? Or he does that? Very seldom does a politicians home town hate them.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:03 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
So glad to see liberals so patriotic these days. Maybe they will stand for the national anthem even.

Yeah, especially when they get rid of the "Star Spangled Banner" and go back to "America the Beautiful" or "My Country 'Tis of Thee" which used to be the National Anthem!

Old 09-05-2020, 10:05 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm going to be voting for Trump and I'm more than happy to admit that he's a pompous ass. But the Leftist smear here is something you could only take seriously if you were completely deranged, imagining Trump to be a mindlessly evil villain.

There are some people who are mostly good. There are some people that are mostly bad. Most people are lot of both. Nobody who has ever lived is pure evil. The Left seems to believe that Donald Trump is pure evil and that's why they will believe absolutely anything bad about Trump no matter how far fetched it sounds.

If somebody had accused Barack Obama of saying the same things, the vast majority of Republicans would have thought, "I really don't like the guy, but I really doubt that he said that." I don't know if there's any limit at all to what the Left will believe about Trump. If it's within the capability of a human being and somebody says "Trump did X bad thing" or "Trump said X bad thing" they will instantly passionately believe it.

In the end, this was all a stunt to try to get the attention away from the Leftist Red Guard shock troops rampaging and murdering all across America.
At least your being honest you really don't care at all what he says you still vote for him.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:05 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Isn’t that hard when daddy leaves you hundreds of millions. Could stick it in an index fund and still become a billionaire.

Is he really withstanding it? The guys got pretty thin skin. Throwing a hissy fit on Twitter isn’t “withstanding” it.

The media does that? Or he does that? Very seldom does a politicians home town hate them.
Exactly. People talk as if hes a "rags to riches" story. Most rich people just inherited their wealth or sleazed their way to the top without building any business from the ground up successful. Hardly anything to be impressed by

Old 09-05-2020, 10:09 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Interesting post! But do we really think the 50's was all that wonderful, if you examine the reality and not the nostalgia? The Right doesn't care about skin color? Back then it didn't, as long as White=Right. Lynchings were still going on in the South. Schools were segregated and water fountains and bathrooms were still marked "Colored Only" It took the 60's to begin to correct those. What a fun time to be Black in America! Right? I guess the White students in Alabama and Mississippi were brainwashed the "old-fashioned way" ...by imitating their racist parents. No internet for them!

Hollywood was battered by U.S. Senator Joseph R. McCarthy and his cronies who deemed that anyone who wasn't slightly to the right of Attila the Hun was a Kremlin supporter. Moviegoers could watch two gay closeted men, Rock Hudson and James Dean (who hated each other in real life) pretend to be straight and punch the crap out of each other in Giant. Beaver Cleaver didn't have one black kid in his class and June could stay home and just vacuum and food shop before making that meat and potatoes dinner.

I guess you don't want to bring back the 90% income and capital gains upper tax bracket of the 50's. There didn't seem to be any billionaires back then. But they did build all those new schools and interstate highways and started the real Space Program. Hmmmm? Maybe that "non-bone spur" Republican Dwight Eisenhower, who wasn't a "sucker or loser" or Harry Truman the "buck stops here" guy were better Presidents than the sorry excuse for a human being that now occupies the White House.

Like every decade, the 50's had its good and bad. It's how you determine what was good and bad that really makes a difference.
How about looking at it from a different perspective. It was the people of the 1950s that decided to do something about systematic racism in America. Better yet those asking for the lifting of Jim Crow and racial discrimination wore their best cloths to protest in, followed nonviolent principles AND they did not come with a whole other agenda of leftist demands. Those who participated in the civil rights movement were by and large NOT a bunch of communists (although MLK could have been depending on who you believe).

Problems always exist. There is always racism everywhere on this earth. Still some times are better than others. The 1950s are a time of American prosperity and that time was led by a moderate republican administration. That America held deeply conservative social values. It was a far better America than the one of today.

Let me ask you this question. You don’t like the 50s because of the existence of racial discrimination in our laws. How about the 1980s. The 80s are another time in our history associated with conservative leadership, conservative social values and it was a prosperous time. There are a lot of similarities between the 50s and the 80s. There is one huge exception however, the systematic racism had largely been removed as the civil rights movement was for the most part complete in the 1970s. Would you have as big of a problem if I said we should send America back to the 80s? Is it the racism you hate or is it the idea that the country could be capitalist and socially conservative? IMO both the 50s and the 80s are light years away from the chaos and decline of today’s America. We need a restoration of some sort.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:12 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
All you hypocrite leftists were fine with Trump when he was writing big checks to democrats. You didn't care one whit about what he did or said then. But look at you now. Trump has burrowed into your heads driving you insane and as a result, your lies are getting more and more desperate and unmoored from reality.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
The Atlantic is owned by the Emerson Collective. The Emerson Collective is owned by Steve Jobs widow, Laurene Powell Jobs (multi-billionaire). Laurene Powell Jobs is a really big donor to Joe Biden's campaign. Do you get it yet?

The Democrats and their news media minions with their "anonymous sources" should have stuck to their usual lies. This one was so unbelievable, everyone checked into it.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Wow -- it seems that those vetting the article seem to verify the source and stand by the claims.

EEEK - this isn't good.

Even Melania is trying to help -- which really shows how badly they think Trump is negatively hurt by this story.

And instead of just sticking to the 'I didn't say that'....he's insulting John Kelly as if Kelly is the source....but nobody has identified the source right?

So why go after Kelly? It's almost as if Trump did say those things and knows it might be Kelly who leaked it right?

Not good......

Old 09-05-2020, 10:19 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
One hoax after another, that's all the left has. Anything to redirect peoples' thoughts from their miserable policy platforms of higher taxes, open borders, and gun confiscation. Who wants that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies