Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 10:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They do not care if it is true or not. In fact, as we see demonstrated on a routine basis, they seem to like these sorts of defamatory stories even better when they are lies. There is something very wrong with these people.
If Kelly comes out and reveals himself as the source who will you believe. Kelly or Trump?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:35 AM

6,098 posts, read 2,720,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If Kelly comes out and reveals himself as the source who will you believe. Kelly or Trump?
Do we even have to ask?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:35 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Obama didn't say that he didn't like heroes who were captured. His making the statements attributed to trump would be totally out of character, but the vast majority of trump supporters on this board would absolutely believe the anonymous sources in that case.

As soon as trump said that, he insulted every American POW. Why would these other statements surprise you? No one in three generations of trumps has served. His grandfather fled Germany to avoid duty, then tried to come back and was deported. trump's dad traded favors with a doctor to have his "bone spurs" diagnosed. He says he knows more than the generals. He said meeting families of fallen soldiers depresses him and he avoids doing it. He continues to take credit for the Veterans' Choice Act, which was enacted under Obama, despite being called out on it numerous times.

Where in any of that do you get a sense he has any respect for the military?
As I already said, Trump is a pompous ass. He got in a feud with John McCain and threw out a lot of insults. He never applied those insults to all veterans, but it was easy enough to insinuate as much. Donald Trump just seems to be one of those kinds of people who speaks first and thinks about what he said a few days later. Just look at his stupid feud with Rosie O'Donell. It's one of the things I really hate about the guy and one of the many reasons I didn't vote for him in 2016. If the Left weren't hell bent on supporting a Marxist Revolution and the Democrats veering Far Left, I'd find a way not to vote for him this year.

The history of Trumps grandfather is both interesting and irrelevant. The man died a couple decades before Donald Trump was born. The man did leave Germany right as the German Civil War was heating up. He was also heading for a gold rush in Yukon Canada. None of us can read the guy's mind, but it's most likely he was more focused on striking it rich than anything else. He also didn't want to move back to Germany, but his wife felt homesick so he did it anyway -- and it was then that Grandpa Trump got deported. You might say he got exactly what he wanted in the bargain.

Trump made permanent the band aid solution under Obama. He also signed and order to increase accountability at the Department of Veterans Affairs. He signed another one that extends mental health coverage for Veterans. That certainly doesn't sound like nothing. He's done a lot of rebuilding of our military which isn't really a priority for me. He's pressured out allies to start living up to their agreed upon obligations. The most important thing that Trump has done for wartime veterans has been not creating more war veterans by not opening any new active war zones during his presidency -- which hasn't happened since Jimmy Carter. Actions speak louder that words, and hearsay should never be taken seriously without good evidence.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:36 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As I already said, Trump is a pompous ass. He got in a feud with John McCain and threw out a lot of insults. He never applied those insults to all veterans, but it was easy enough to insinuate as much. Donald Trump just seems to be one of those kinds of people who speaks first and thinks about what he said a few days later. Just look at his stupid feud with Rosie O'Donell. It's one of the things I really hate about the guy and one of the many reasons I didn't vote for him in 2016. If the Left weren't hell bent on supporting a Marxist Revolution and the Democrats veering Far Left, I'd find a way not to vote for him this year.

The history of Trumps grandfather is both interesting and irrelevant. The man died a couple decades before Donald Trump was born. The man did leave Germany right as the German Civil War was heating up. He was also heading for a gold rush in Yukon Canada. None of us can read the guy's mind, but it's most likely he was more focused on striking it rich than anything else. He also didn't want to move back to Germany, but his wife felt homesick so he did it anyway -- and it was then that Grandpa Trump got deported. You might say he got exactly what he wanted in the bargain.

Trump made permanent the band aid solution under Obama. He also signed and order to increase accountability at the Department of Veterans Affairs. He signed another one that extends mental health coverage for Veterans. That certainly doesn't sound like nothing. He's done a lot of rebuilding of our military which isn't really a priority for me. He's pressured out allies to start living up to their agreed upon obligations. The most important thing that Trump has done for wartime veterans has been not creating more war veterans by not opening any new active war zones during his presidency -- which hasn't happened since Jimmy Carter. Actions speak louder that words, and hearsay should never be taken seriously without good evidence.

Great points!

Old 09-05-2020, 10:38 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There is no real alternative. We have to deal with what we have and everyone knows Trump has said and done distasteful things. So has Biden, so has Kamala Harris but the leftists intend to turn the US into a communist state. You are trying to push "feels" on us when we are in a very scary, dangerous tumultuous time.
Since we're trying to turn the US communists, which European country's model should we aim for so that we can guarantee healthcare and have stronger protections for workers and disenfranchised groups?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Many of the bills supporting our vets were bi-partisan bills put together without Trump's initiation. He signed the bills but it had little to do with anything he gave initiatives to.

AND Obama most definitely was President when the present goal of having ally countries increase their military expenditures to 2% of GDP. They haven't escalated that goal because of Trump ---
LOL.

That's the thing - -y'all don't even know what you don't know.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:41 AM

6,098 posts, read 2,720,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
What a small world! I'm a military retiree, also, and I think President Trump is a psychopath and you are brainwashed, or at least not exhibiting any of the critical thinking you apparently failed to learn. Very few of my peers think he's very smart, accomplished, or actually cares about the troops.

There goes your credibility by dropping the "military" thing. Not everyone in the service or retirees are automatically far right wing.
Trump supports the Military like BLM supports the police.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:42 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,893 times
This article will not change anybody's mind, especially after multiple years of pushing a hoax. We now know that Obama and company spied on the Trump campaign and then executed a poorly constructed intelligence operation that blew up in their faces.

Like I said before, vets know who has their backs. It wasn't Obama and it certainly isn't Biden.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:45 AM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wow -- it seems that those vetting the article seem to verify the source and stand by the claims.

EEEK - this isn't good.

Even Melania is trying to help -- which really shows how badly they think Trump is negatively hurt by this story.

And instead of just sticking to the 'I didn't say that'....he's insulting John Kelly as if Kelly is the source....but nobody has identified the source right?

So why go after Kelly? It's almost as if Trump did say those things and knows it might be Kelly who leaked it right?

Not good......
They don't identify sources because they make them up knowing journalists can hide behind shield laws. All of this crappola could be ended quickly if they made a law that sources in news claims must be identified and both the news reporter and their organization can be sued for damaging a person's reputation if the news story is false. I wouldn't mind a mandatory jail term and a Page 1 apology, too.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:45 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,449,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
This article will not change anybody's mind, especially after multiple years of pushing a hoax. We now know that Obama and company spied on the Trump campaign and then executed a poorly constructed intelligence operation that blew up in their faces.

Like I said before, vets know who has their backs. It wasn't Obama and it certainly isn't Biden.
The Trump campaign that was actively colluding with the Russians.

President Bone Spurs knows which side his bread is buttered on. With Russian Dressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies