Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 12:27 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That was my immediate reaction...but then Trump's attack on Kelly, media outlets saying they 'checked' the sources and stand by the claims in the article.....I dunno.

Trump would have been better to just dismiss it as hearsay and moved on --- but he went toddler on Kelly and that just looks defensive.
That's what gives the story even more credibility. And has Kelly yet denied he is the source?

Old 09-05-2020, 12:29 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
But the alleged anonymous sources, or the guy who wrote the article for the Atlantic, they aren't lying?
How do you know? We don't even know if there are any actual sources at all.
The so-called "actual sources" don't have the guts to give their names, but we should believe them. Nope.

I found it amazing how organized all the anti-Trump responses were .... sorta like they were prepared.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:31 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
In case anyone missed it.

The Atlantic is owned by a Democrat mega donor who happens to be friends with the editor in chief who published the sensational article using "anonymous sources".
Why of course. A truly unbiased source has come out with a hit piece that has 4 anonymous sources. I do wish they'd come up with something new. Didn't they try this in 2015 over MCCain?

Old 09-05-2020, 12:34 PM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
The fact that trump said that he "called home" and spoke to Melania and expressed how "upset" he was at not being able to go visit that cemetery filled with "losers"... even though she was ON the trip with him? He lied about that like he lies about every single stinkin' thing that comes out of his face.

I certainly don't have a hard time believing that he said it.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:35 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
So you think none of his people would lie for him? The guy will fire and get retribution on anyone who tells the truth.

I believe the story 100 percent there is precedent for vile comments he has used before.

Sarah huckster the queen of lying nope, Bolton didn't say it wasn't true he just didn't hear it. Others loyal trump cronies.
So you don’t believe the people hires, only the people he hires. Got it.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:42 PM

130,460 posts, read 12,124,678 times
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy.../#6c8120df2a84

Claims it is true.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:46 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
It has been confirmed over and over again by different news outlets. There is no question he said those things. It is like this woman said, the sources are not anonymous to her and probably not to Trump either. The man knows he is guilty as charged. I do wish the sources would come out publicly though and maybe they will. Trump should not be allowed to deny this and get away with it.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:48 PM

606 posts, read 355,186 times
So Trump tweets this morning that he wants the Fox reporter that confirmed the story fired.

So much for being anti-cancel culture.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:48 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Former & current White House officials & staff who were present with the President during the alleged incident or present during the conversation to cancel the visit to the WW1 cemetary, ALL say that the Atlantic story is completely bogus.

They were all with Trump during the alleged incident and they're saying The Atlantic article is completely false:

-Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Former White House Press Secretary
-Hogan Gidley, Former Deputy White House Press Secretary
-Dan Scavino, White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications
-Jordan Karem, Personal Aide to President Trump
-Johnny DeStefano, Former Counselor to the President
-John Bolton, Former National Security Advisor
-Mick Mulvaney, Former Acting White House Chief of Staff
-Stephen Miller, White House Senior Advisor
-Tony Ornato, Then-Secret Service Special Agent In Charge Of The Presidential Protective Division
-Derek Lyons, Staff Secretary and Counselor to the President
-Dan Walsh, Former White House Deputy Chief of Staff

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/w...tory-is-false/

Anonymous sources? The Atlantic article is standing on very flimsy legs.

11 named sources vs. allegedly 3 or 4 anonymous sources.
Who do you believe?
Indeed, and some on that list are not fans of Trump, like Bolton.

This is just another attempt to try and smear Trump with the hope of eroding his base. A few weeks back they were trying to soften the evangelicals support. They will stop at nothing to try and ruin people, even if it is all flat out lies.

Look no further than what they tried to do to justice Kavanaugh. They didn't care what it took to try and smear him, so they get someone to go back to his youth and claim he was a sexual assaulter, gang rapist and drug peddler.

Sadly, part of the reason they get away with such vile crap, is because there are no consequences for making this stuff up.

`

Old 09-05-2020, 12:49 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Preambule : I cite you but you're far from the only one concerned by my comment.

What I find interesting (and slightly hopeful) in the fervent denial by trump supporters proves they'd be actually shocked if he has actually said that.

A little light of humanity left? (I've always been some of the semi-optimistic kind)

The problem you have, apart from the anonymously sourced story being bull ****, is producing a candidate that isn't more revolting in practical matters than Trump's alleged and unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Biden, like Hillary before him, is an opportunist that will do and say anything to get elected.

But if you want to understand the real Joe Biden, it's a guy that dodged the draft because he allegedly had asthma, but then was crass enough to play college football while some other guy went to Vietnam in his place.

The real Joe Biden repeatedly and publicly accused the innocent truck driver involved in the collision that killed his first wife and daughter of being drunk, even though there was never any indication whatsoever that he was not sober.

What sort of ******* does something like that?

More to the point, this invented offense is exactly the sort of sleazy tactic the Democrats are now famous for using when the vacuous ideology of identity politics doesn't get the job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies