Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 10:59 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Many of the bills supporting our vets were bi-partisan bills put together without Trump's initiation. He signed the bills but it had little to do with anything he gave initiatives to.
Many were Trumps. Many were from prior presidents. The contention was that Trump has done nothing, which is provably false, and you're downplaying the things he did do.

The thing is, there isn't going to be some president who just up and decides, "Man, I sure do hate those war veterans!! F-ck em!! They can all just die!!" Most presidents and members of Congress actively seek to improve things for vets. It's not a partisan thing. It does tend to be a game of partisan one-upmanship though. Again, the thread presupposes that Trump is that guy that just hates veterans. Not true. Not even close to true. It's a very easy threshold to cross proving that Trump doesn't hate vets.

Quote:
AND Obama most definitely was President when the present goal of having ally countries increase their military expenditures to 2% of GDP. They haven't escalated that goal because of Trump ---
LOL.
The goal was set but our allies never lived up to that commitment under Obama. Trump is putting on the pressure to make it happen.

Baby steps. I'm not entirely sure that NATO is necessary anymore, but at least we're not the only ones paying for it. I look forward to a day when we have zero troops permanently stationed overseas.

Quote:
That's the thing - -y'all don't even know what you don't know.
People with heavy partisan bias have an absolutely massive blind spot. There's a giant cratering hole of things they don't know because they refuse to believe them.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:00 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Democrats: Read my Lips: I do NOT believe that Trump said this. Period.
Just like he never called John McCain a loser when he obviously did. When a person lies over and over they lose all credibility to be believed. I don't believe Trump. Not only that his comments about McCain being a POW echo his comments about troops in Europe.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...ccain-a-loser/

Trump: "I never called John a loser."

Trump in 2015: “He lost [the 2008 election], so I never liked him as much after that because I don’t like losers.”

And:

“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

Old 09-05-2020, 11:02 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Yep ...

He's insulted war heroes and their parents, lambasted generals as "dopes and babies," and blithely dismissed the symptoms of soldiers with traumatic brain injuries.

Trump also pardoned a convicted war criminal against the objections of the men and women he served with, who described him as "freaking evil."

Trump forced West Point cadets to come back so he could give a commencement address, despite the ongoing pandemic.

There has been an exodus of generals from the Trump administration.

“I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me,”

Prominent generals have been explicit that they would not serve in the Trump administration.

Trump failed to confront Russian President Vladimir Putin on bounties put on the heads of U.S. troops.

Trump just loves his troops, in parades and as props to bolster his ego.
Mccain was no war hero.

McCain -- Did He Show the Right Stuff?

Old 09-05-2020, 11:03 AM

13,271 posts, read 7,321,255 times
This is the Coup de gras for Trumps reelection. I'm predicting he never shows up at Joe Biden's swearing in.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:05 AM

10,095 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Ding, ding ding- The TDS season is off and running. Here we go again with the desperate smears.
Well, that seems kind of fair. Trump has been smearing anyone that disagrees with him or takes issue with any of his opinions or policies since he took office. Maybe it's time to play "catch up", although I don't believe this is a false report to add to the "smear" list.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:11 AM

13,271 posts, read 7,321,255 times
I wonder if George Bush is going to say something Trump did also include his father as a loser also according to the Atlantic story.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:18 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Trump is an egomanic, but this smells like a political hit job. Unnamed sources in the homestretch of the election.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:35 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Trump is an egomanic, but this smells like a political hit job.

It could be true and a political hit job. Certainly if Biden said this the same reporter would probably not run it. There is going to be a lot of gotcha stories between now and election day from both sides.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:36 AM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
If John Bolton, who clearly hates Trump, denies he ever said anything like this, then I'm going with that.
This country is imploding. The level of vitriol reaches new heights daily. Nancy Pelosi's "Hair Gate?" To coin a phrase...."Come ON Man!!!!" LOL. And where will it end? What will happen if Trump is re-elected? (which is what I believe will happen) Of course, the other side of that coin is, what will happen if Biden is elected? (perish that thought because I don't think he is going to be the one making decisions).
He never said Trump didn't say it, but allows that he could have. What Bolton said was that he didn't personally hear it.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Trump is an egomanic, but this smells like a political hit job. Unnamed sources in the homestretch of the election.
That was my immediate reaction...but then Trump's attack on Kelly, media outlets saying they 'checked' the sources and stand by the claims in the article.....I dunno.

Trump would have been better to just dismiss it as hearsay and moved on --- but he went toddler on Kelly and that just looks defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies