Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 09:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Why would it suddenly disappear?!

If the govt can continue to deceive the people, Im quite sure they will keep it going as long as possible! The election wont change that at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 10:22 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This sort of thinking is seriously disconnected from reality. The countermeasures this country is taking is not that different from the actions in other first world countries. If anything, the US measures are seriously lax. Do you believe the rest of the world will instantly get better after Nov. 3rd? No, that's not going to happen. We'll be in the same boat after the results are in; state governors will maintain the same necessary measures. Stop deluding yourself that this is some political ploy.
But it simply goes back to the same old real problem with COVID-19. Hardly anyone knows personally of anyone who tested positive from it. Or if anybody did, the person(s) they did know of had either no symptoms or a very mild case. Most college kids don't even know they have it. Even fewer people know of so much as one person who died from it. So don't be surprised that a number people on here think the COVID-19 has been little more than a political hoax.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minds Eye View Post
Indeed so....... This is the biggest scam ever pulled JUST TO MESS UP THIS ELECTION and its sad most people cannot see it!!

A great thread!!
Then explain why my Republican governor in late March ordered the closing of "non-essential" businesses in my county. I couldn't get a haircut or go to a bar. The governor doesn't have to run for reelection in November.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:06 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
Those who think I literally meant it would 'disappear' after November 3 are too funny. It's not literal. Wow. Relax.
Just click-bait babble? You are admitting that? Wow.

With Trumpers and Trump their words do not mean anything. Try saying what you mean. Its refreshing. That was how I was brought up.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:21 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
It is only happening in western world countries, not russia, and I am pretty sure there are many countries that would do anything to get rid of Trump.

The USA hands out tons of money in foreign trade and support.
You can't be serious. Russia has a million cases of covid, they have the 4th highest number. India has 4 million. Its raging in SE Asia, Africa, the middle east, everywhere. If anything most of the western world has it more under control than the third world.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

This is what concerns me about Trumpers. They have these conspiracy theories they pull out of thin air.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 09-05-2020 at 11:51 AM..

Old 09-05-2020, 02:15 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
I think Covid is very real but it's curious that even though India has more infections than the U.S, they still have far fewer deaths (despite having a much larger population that mostly lives in third world crowded hand to mouth conditions where "social distancing" is impossible). It makes me more suspicious about many (but not all) of the U.S. Covid deaths actually deaths from other conditions that were counted as "Covid deaths" despite having died of cancer, heart attack, old age, etc. In India, only the people who truly died of Covid are counted as Covid deaths since they have zero investment in U.S. politics.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:29 PM

610 posts, read 264,337 times
Of course the literal virus won't "disappear", but most of the hysteria will have run it's course and the narrative will change to "we have to live with it". I have a few in my circle who were HARDCORE "stay homers" (one of which flat out pegged me as a murderer for going to Costco back in April) that are now posting airport selfies of their leisure trips and hosting/attending social gatherings. To me, the election has very little to do with it, it's just the natural timeline for people to move on.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:30 PM

8,344 posts, read 6,438,626 times
The media is promoting Chinese virus with all they got and will continue if Trump wins. If he loses you'll never hear another word about it except to bad mouth Trump.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:32 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you've made up a whole story in your head and will do back flips to make sure you can twist the facts to make it fit.

We are going on with our lives. Are you not?
Try asking small business owners that.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:34 PM

826 posts, read 244,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
Anyone who has a brain and are watching the news can see how the Democrats are acting... we all know that they are using COVID-19 as a political weapon. States like California, Washington, Michigan (who has less than 20 deaths in a day and are still not fully open - 9/4 had 7 deaths for example) are using their economies to further politically damage Trump. Pretty sick. That's screwing over your own citizens for political reasons. You have businesses that are shuttering and the politicians don't give a damn. When the election is over, COVID-19 will be less of a big deal. Watch.
Absolutely. The Democrats have taken a horrible situation and now turned it into a political tool for the election. They don't care about anything other than getting power back. That is crystal clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies