Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 02:36 PM

826 posts, read 244,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Plus they are starting to report that "midwestern states" are seeing a sharp increase--just in time for the heat of election time.

It's been TOTALLY used as a political weapon. And still is--look at any blue state: NYC has still shut down indoor dining. California is an absolute joke with its practical dictatorship rules.

The leadership on the Democrat side is mostly loaded with buffoons, who think the populace are their minions to do anything at their dictatorial commands.
Exactly. It's no coincidence they are going to try to make the flyover states afraid to vote or to vote for Biden instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 02:39 PM

826 posts, read 244,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I hope people dont mean Covid will 'literally' go away.

What could happen is it simply falls off the news cycle. And when it does that, nobody, especially politicians will care about it since it won't buy them popularity points.

Things will reOpen, cases will still happen as with any other virus, and people still will die from it. But if there is no political advantage to be had by it , it will just be another talking point in a deck of other talking points.
They don't mean the virus itself. They mean the way the media uses it to try to elect Biden and the way the Democrats try to keep their cities economies limited to get rid of Trump.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:44 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Of course the literal virus won't "disappear", but most of the hysteria will have run it's course and the narrative will change to "we have to live with it". I have a few in my circle who were HARDCORE "stay homers" (one of which flat out pegged me as a murderer for going to Costco back in April) that are now posting airport selfies of their leisure trips and hosting/attending social gatherings. To me, the election has very little to do with it, it's just the natural timeline for people to move on.

I agree. Most sensible people would be willing to stay at home and shelter in place for 2-3 weeks if they can see an end in sight. When those lockdowns kept being extended, young singles who lives alone, especially said "screw it: I'm going to take my chances" and most totally ignore the "no socializing with people outside your household" rule now as no one can enforce it.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:01 PM

30,157 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
But they aren't running around terrified of it shutting things down and hiding in their houses.
Huh? Who told you that? More than 100 countries have locked down. Many much more rigorously than the USA. India, Russia in fact more than 100 countries. Do you not actually keep up with all of this? I have family around the world. Believe me they take this seriously in other countries. And they are not doing it to make Trump look bad. Believe me most of the world could care less about Trump. US politics is not important to most of the world.

COVID-19: Lockdown across India, in line with WHO guidance

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/03/1060132

Coronavirus: Russia remains in lockdown as cases top 350,000

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/25/...es-top-350-000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
I also love how you focus on cases... while in both cases deaths are low per population.
You said:

It is only happening in western world countries, not russia

You said nothing about deaths only that in your mind it was only happening in countries that I suppose you believe were making Trump look bad? So now I am focusing only on cases not deaths? What you said was 100% false.

Now you move the goalpost and talk of case deaths being low per capita. You did not say they had less deaths per capita than us. You said the virus was not in Russia or outside of the western world.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
From the way COVID-19 was virtually ignored by the GOP at their convention a few weeks ago it seems they think it already has disappeared. Meanwhile, we will hit 200,000 dead very shortly here. But you'd never know it to listen to Trump or his party. They think everything is just peachy. No need to even talk about it any more.

It will be good to get leadership in Washington who will put American lives first for a change.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Nothing can stop the numbers. If you think otherwise, you're insane.

Also, Trump is winning in November, so it's a moot conspiracy theory.

Get a life, Trumpers.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:41 PM

493 posts, read 192,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
If the world has to come together to plot the downfall of one President, then that should tell you the kind of person youre supporting. No one's gone through this much effort post any other President in history, so Trump must be amazingly awful.
You are correct, except for your conclusion.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:44 PM

427 posts, read 431,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Just click-bait babble? You are admitting that? Wow.

With Trumpers and Trump their words do not mean anything. Try saying what you mean. Its refreshing. That was how I was brought up.
No, its not babble. Babble is what Joe Biden does when talking and moving his dentures around. If you miss the point I was making, I cant help you. Maybe some day you'll figure it out.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
Anyone who has a brain and are watching the news can see how the Democrats are acting... we all know that they are using COVID-19 as a political weapon. States like California, Washington, Michigan (who has less than 20 deaths in a day and are still not fully open - 9/4 had 7 deaths for example) are using their economies to further politically damage Trump. Pretty sick. That's screwing over your own citizens for political reasons. You have businesses that are shuttering and the politicians don't give a damn. When the election is over, COVID-19 will be less of a big deal. Watch.
Anyone who has a brain knows the U.S. is not the center of the universe and that the pandemic is a worldwide problem, hence the use of "pan" in the name.

The arrogance of some people knows no boundaries.

Newsflash: The circus you people call your political process has absolutely no bearing on a virus doing what virus's do. None whatsoever.

You can go back to thinking you and your silly political kabuki theater are actually important in the grand scheme of things now.

Please pass the nuts before you leave the table.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
It’s not called magic it’s called vaccinations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies