Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 07:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

The obvious answer is “yes,” since whites will be afraid to eat outside lest a group of BLM savages start one of their rampages. But I wonder if the terrorist group has them so fearful of repercussions that they are reluctant to do so. Poor restaurants. FINALLY allowed to open, even partially, and now this.

On a related question, if you had an elderly mother in her early 90s who is going borderline psychotic (truly, she’s now on meds) after being shut into her apartment for months, would you chance it and take her out to an outdoor dining spot outside Washington DC? I’m not fearing COVID contamination (although I’m a bit worried her using the rest room) as much as a potential BLM assault.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:00 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Sign of the times-"Let our armed staff feed you like a king/queen"

But yes, seems like good marketing and just a flat out good idea in certain locals

Old 09-07-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sign of the times-"Let our armed staff feed you like a king/queen"

But yes, seems like good marketing and just a flat out good idea in certain locals
Sort of like El Al airlines. Not sure if they still do it, but when hijackings were common, all the flight attendants were armed.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
The police should be protecting the businesses
They are not - they have been given stand down orders
Our government has turned on its people -1939 Germany
Turned the mobs loose on the shop keepers -give stand down order to cops and arrest shop keepers if they resist
3rd Reich
Most repeated phrase- we are the new world order- then and now

Old 09-07-2020, 08:06 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Since these pathetic Democratic city leaders aren’t doing much to prevent terrorists from rioting and terrorizing law abiding residents.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:08 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
I think these "protests" against diners are pretty rare but they sure grab the spotlight. Who would want to be harassed like that by some misguided losers getting in your face and demanding that you raise your fist and denounce racism and white privilege? The protesters are being racist themselves by targeting white people.

There will come a time when the good people fight back against this nonsense but that is going to depend on the election results.

I wonder if we should be blaming Maxine Waters for this? She has in the past challenged her followers to enter a restaurant to harass diners and to follow them home.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:09 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Should restaurants hired armed security to contain the BLM attacks?
No. My restaurant (I don't really own one) would post a sign welcoming all Concealed Carry patrons.
That ought to do it.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:10 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Yea, cause I would love to eat under armed guard, kinda like in prison.
Great idea, or, maybe the government could do something to stop the rioting?

#trumpsamerica

Old 09-07-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post

#trumpsamerica
The Democrats won’t allow Trump to intervene, remember? They called the aid he sent “stormtroopers” and likened him to Hitler.

So since the Democrats will not allow law enforcement to contain the savages, I think restaurants need to hired armed security.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:14 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post

#trumpsamerica

Which government? Mayors and governors have the first responsibility.

Would you be OK with Trump sending in the army to quell the rioters? If so, from what part of your understanding of the Constitution and laws of the nation do you think the President draws that power?

No. At this point, Trump is best to let the country see what the end-point of Democratic governance is.... which is NO governance.

After the election he can invoke the insurrection act. But for now, his approach is opening the eyes of many. So he should continue to demonstrate that Democrats are unfit to lead, and can't lead. He should also highlight how many of these "racist police incidents" are happening in Democratic cities with heavily black populations that vote Democratic. And which have Dem mayors, police captains, prosecutors, defenders, judges...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies