Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 11:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Well, I myself have gone to outdoors dining, both alone and with friends, for that reason: I’m not going to let these left-wing savages destroy what minimal activities are allowed. But my mother already has a heart condition, and if this happened when I’m with her, she could go into serious cardiac episode. Maybe I’ll just take a drive out to West Virginia and find a spot there.

I’m sure you miss your mother. I went four months without seeing mine, but things have improved a lot around here.
Rachel ... you just have think through the places for lunch that are most likely to be safe. You live near D.C., so you follow local news. Most of these attacks on diners are in the evening, you are going to lunch.
Most of these attacks on diners are Street Side open dining.... look for Court Yard dining or even waterfront dining ... stay away from sidewalks. Think in terms of which neighborhoods are more likely to be somewhat isolated from these Terrorists. Perhaps Georgetown, Chevy Chase or even the Naval Yard.

I have no doubt you will be able to treat your Mother to a quiet and Safe lunch if you really think about it.
I personally am not worried about indoor dining, but that depends on your area. When dining indoors - I go early, about 11:30 .... rare to see many diners then. Something to consider.

Of course, your idea about driving outside of the D.C. area has merit also, with the bonus of a nice drive out of the City. Best advise is to do this soon ... Antifa Marxists are doing a call to arms in Washington to begin on September 17 for 50 days.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:22 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Restaurant people already paid The city to have cops stop this They should not have to pay twice
Be aware people of what is happening 75 year cycle repeat
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fEP...-xJShXOMOV7uvg
Germany was grateful when it happened to a neighbor but not them -they thought if they cooperated and cheered -all would be well
They were thinking “me” - instead of “us”
Just like we are doing
FYI they burned my town in June
Peaceful protestors

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-07-2020 at 12:37 PM..

Old 09-07-2020, 11:32 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
It is what the voters want. If the voters did not want these disruptions, there would not be any because the police would show up right away, make arrests, charges, and convictions.

Instead, the police do not show up, and it seems it is popular that even when police do make arrests, they are not charged.

Again, the voters want this. So, unless your voting district is impacted, you should just respect the wishes of voters in their districts. If you disagree with what the voters want, by all means, speak with your wallet and let the businesses know you will not be spending money there due to their support and the voters' support of these disruptions.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:48 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yea, cause I would love to eat under armed guard, kinda like in prison.
Great idea, or, maybe the government could do something to stop the rioting?

#trumpsamerica
States rights. Or do you want Trump to deputize more local LE? If so I agree.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:51 AM

81 posts, read 49,022 times
Great in theory but not sure how realistic. It’s an added expense most restaurants probably can’t afford (unless you want the price of your meal to increase to cover it). Plus the restaurant would have to contract services out with a security company, like G4S or Wackenhut. They can’t just hire them as restaurant staff. Especially for armed security. Maybe they can hire locals? But I imagine there are legal stipulations or restrictions to something like that.
Restaurants are in a tough position, probably one of the reasons they are being targeted for this kind of nonsense.
I’ve stopped going to one of my favorite restaurants where I live recently. Since they’ve opened since COVID and have outdoor seating now while it’s warm, but there is a big BLM sign literally at every other table. The owners and staff are ALL white. It’s too bad because they had the best burgers in town.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Rachel ... you just have think through the places for lunch that are most likely to be safe. You live near D.C., so you follow local news. Most of these attacks on diners are in the evening, you are going to lunch.
Most of these attacks on diners are Street Side open dining.... look for Court Yard dining or even waterfront dining ... stay away from sidewalks. Think in terms of which neighborhoods are more likely to be somewhat isolated from these Terrorists. Perhaps Georgetown, Chevy Chase or even the Naval Yard.

I have no doubt you will be able to treat your Mother to a quiet and Safe lunch if you really think about it.
I personally am not worried about indoor dining, but that depends on your area. When dining indoors - I go early, about 11:30 .... rare to see many diners then. Something to consider.

Of course, your idea about driving outside of the D.C. area has merit also, with the bonus of a nice drive out of the City. Best advise is to do this soon ... Antifa Marxists are doing a call to arms in Washington to begin on September 17 for 50 days.
Thanks, Kibby, for the helpful insights. I thought about lunch being safer, but the episode that just happened (with the terrorist harassing the elderly couple) was daylight. As far as indoors, I’m really being guarded with my mother and want to stick to outdoors.

I’ve been doing research, and there’s some nice spots out “in the sticks” - and I think my mother would enjoy the mountain-view drive. So, that’s the direction I’m heading (figuratively and literally). We’ll probably go Friday.

As far as the siege on Washington beginning on the 17th, that’s about when the Jewish holidays start. We are having outdoor services this year and have hired two armed off-duty cops for protection. A lot of these BLM terrorists are not only racist against whites, but they’re antisemites too. Jews observing religious services, outdoors, in the suburbs of DC, could very well be a target.

Old 09-07-2020, 12:33 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
The Democrats won’t allow Trump to intervene, remember? They called the aid he sent “stormtroopers” and likened him to Hitler.

So since the Democrats will not allow law enforcement to contain the savages, I think restaurants need to hired armed security.
Restaurant owners are already operating at a loss because of the coronavirus rules. They should sue the local government and name BLM and the DNC and Act Blue as co-defendants. They can pay for security.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:05 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
I'd like to see BLM try this at a Mafia-owned restaurant.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:21 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Where was this? I’m right outside DC, and there have been “disruptions” by BLM thugs. Would you be willing to be a bouncer at a DC restaurant?
Haha it says he lives in Oklahoma. He probably lives in rural Oklahoma, a place that has more tumbleweeds than people. Of course he is so solipsistic that if something isn't happening to him or in his immediate surroundings then it isn't an issue.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:31 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Yea, cause I would love to eat under armed guard, kinda like in prison.
Great idea, or, maybe the government could do something to stop the rioting?

#trumpsamerica
Agreed, it's local government's job to protect civilians. These violent mobs have to be arrested and prosecuted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies