Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 06:05 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
She had him blocked, they were not together during that time frame, no. The rest may be true, I don't know. What is your source that she went back and forth between them?

In a jail convo it did seem that Glover was waiting Kenneth out, he thought he'd get her back. But that isn't proof of anything.

'They found a dead body in her car' makes it seem like she loaned out her car to Glover who used it to transport a person he killed.

The man killed borrowed the car and was shot while using it, which is different.

I dislike both false narratives. The one that paints her as totally innocent and asleep in her bed far away from Walker, and the one that paints her as a low life.
This is my neck of the woods, back in March it was discussed on the local radio talk shows and there were interviews by local news of family and friends when this first occurred talking about these things, primarily as a reaction to Walker’s arrest. I want to say it was over a seven year period, but I may misremember the actual number of years, but I do remember it was over many years. The general consensus was that Walker was a good guy and he had every reason to assume it was bad people breaking in their apartment and him shooting was justified. Since the national eyes, including yours, have now latched on to this story, and discussing it no longer fits the narrative, those stories have gone poof.

She wasn’t a low life. When this occurred in March, when it was a tragic local story and the outrage was that Louisville charged a man, who was shooting in self defense, with a crime in a preemptive move to avoid a lawsuit or investigation for accidentally killing a woman, a more accurate picture of her was painted. She was an imperfect, bright woman, loved by her family and friends, whose life choices were heavily dependent on which of the two men was currently in her life. The general consensus was everyone hoped the pond scum would remain locked up long enough that she would form a permanent bond with Walker. At the time I gathered they were happy she was talking of having a baby with Walker and apparently he was talking of marrying her one day.

It is sad. Truly sad. But, originally the story line was that not every tragedy that ends with someone being harmed or even dying is criminal so Louisville should be ashamed of itself for charging a decent young man with a crime. It remained that story until the beginning of June.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I have searched and cannot find a source saying that she was hiding from answering questions regarding missing medication from her job.

Got a link?
See above. There may be one, but I doubt it. These conversations occurred before it became a national story and before race became the focus. It was when the discussion was why it was unfair to arrest Walker, why he had a gun so easily obtainable if he wasn’t a drug person himself, and why he had the right to assume it was bad guys breaking in her apartment.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:54 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,162 times
Quote:
Source?

The cops tried very hard to pin something on her to justify her murder, but could not. They offered her ex a sweet plea deal if he'd implicate her, which he would not do.
It's in the records of the investigation. The actual recordings are available online for anyone to hear. Google is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 07:15 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
I object on legal grounds, as I have stated and illustrated, to the way this warrant was executed, so it really doesn't matter the tone of my skin.
Yes, your race does matter because no matter what the circumstances and before all the evidence is in most blacks immediately take the side of the black victim and never on the side of law enforcement. Prove me wrong.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, your race does matter because no matter what the circumstances and before all the evidence is in most blacks immediately take the side of the black victim and never on the side of law enforcement. Prove me wrong.
Right here. My first inclination is to support the police. I imagine this is also true of black cops. We don’t make the news, is all.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:07 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm white and see no racial angle in this case. I am against the actions of the police on legal grounds. Bre was not the sort of target that this sort of raid needed to be carried out on. She and her apt. had none of the dangers that prompt no knock warrants.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
See above. There may be one, but I doubt it. These conversations occurred before it became a national story and before race became the focus. It was when the discussion was why it was unfair to arrest Walker, why he had a gun so easily obtainable if he wasn’t a drug person himself, and why he had the right to assume it was bad guys breaking in her apartment.
So we're talking rumor. OK. You stated it here as a fact.

Regardless of her past employment as an EMT and how that may or may not have ended, she was an ER tech at two different places when this occurred, so she was still a medical worker working two jobs.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
So we're talking rumor. OK. You stated it here as a fact.

Regardless of her past employment as an EMT and how that may or may not have ended, she was an ER tech at two different places when this occurred, so she was still a medical worker working two jobs.
What is fact is that she spent 5 months as an EMT, resigned, and had a “do not rehire” notation put in her record.

Quote:
Emergency Room (ER) Technicians:
Emergency room (ER) technicians, sometimes also called emergency department (ED) technicians, are allied health professionals who put their medical training to work in the hectic environments of hospital emergency rooms. ER techs are responsible for ensuring a safe environment for both medical personnel and patients, by doing things like keeping areas organized and clean, checking that tools and medical instruments are in their proper places, and keeping necessary supplies, such as bandages, stocked and accessible. Additionally, ER tech jobs have patient care responsibilities as well, such as assisting patients to the bathroom, taking vitals, and changing bed sheets.
Average pay in Louisville: $12.28/hr
Average EMT pay in Louisville is $18.29/hr. Big difference.

I don’t know why you insist on canonizing her or acting like she is your new BFF, when in reality she was an ordinary young lady who allowed a less than honorable boyfriend, who was verifiably non-law abiding, to poison her life. She also had a decent boyfriend at the time of her death so who knows, maybe this time she would not be swayed by her bad boy. Sadly, she died and she did not deserve it, regardless of anything else Honestly, her crappy love and life choices should have been something only her family and friends worried about but because some keep painting a false narrative, and it is feeding into the national discord, it is a topic worth discussing.

This does cover some of the disconnect: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/u...e-killing.html

Old 09-28-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
What is fact is that she spent 5 months as an EMT, resigned, and had a “do not rehire” notation put in her record.

Average EMT pay in Louisville is $18.29/hr. Big difference.

I don’t know why you insist on canonizing her or acting like she is your new BFF, when in reality she was an ordinary young lady who allowed a less than honorable boyfriend, who was verifiably non-law abiding, to poison her life. She also had a decent boyfriend at the time of her death so who knows, maybe this time she would not be swayed by her bad boy. Sadly, she died and she did not deserve it, regardless of anything else Honestly, her crappy love and life choices should have been something only her family and friends worried about but because some keep painting a false narrative, and it is feeding into the national discord, it is a topic worth discussing.
As I stated before, I dislike both false narratives. Whatever the pay, I don't see how that is the issue, she was a medical worker with two jobs. That part of the narrative (facts) from one side is true, and the other side wants to only focus on she wasn't really an EMT, and act like the two ER tech jobs didn't exist.

She was still a hard working young lady. Which to me was the original point regarding her employment.

If she stole medication, she paid the price for it, didn't she? Now she has to work two jobs due to the lower pay, but still she did not turn to a life of crime as one side likes to paint. She kept working her two jobs.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:31 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Default What Actually Happened With The Breonna Taylor Shooting?

There have been a number of instances lately where for one reason or another, the police shot a black person. In every case I can think of, the more you know, the more you realize that the police were probably justified in their actions. But then there was the Breonna Taylor shooting. This one was supposedly the case where it was a total screw up by the police. I heard it was the wrong apartment. I heard that Taylor and her boyfriend were asleep in their beds when the police unceremoniously broke down the door and just starting shooting like crazy, ultimately killing Taylor. I had pretty much accepted that this was an accurate description of events.

Now in other cases, I'd done my homework and found out that the news media was lying their butts off. But for whatever reason, I never actually questioned the Breonna Taylor shooting, at least not until a few days before the Louisville DA was set to announce whether the police would be charged.

It turns out, the narrative was a whole mess of lies. Taylor and her boyfriend were awake, not asleep. The police actually did knock and announced themselves. Taylor's boyfriend shot and hit a police officer. Everything thereafter was a reaction to that.

I found a good breakdown of events and legal analysis here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6_QM8h_u5E

I'm curious how many people are like me, who just assumed that the news was being honest about the Breonna Taylor shooting. How much of the backlash came from the fact that most people had no idea what actually happened? How much of the backlash do you think is justified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies