Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 02:01 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think most people understand the complicating factor is the fact that there is no way of knowing who is trying to kick in the door, - cop or crook. That is the problem with no-knock approach. Lot of gun owners would fire through the door if there is someone on the other side trying to force their way in.
They knocked Finn - they had a no knock warrant for Brianna but when they got to the house they verified the roommate - sister - was not at the residence and she didn't have pets or kids so when thy called the station to report this - the supervisor told them to do a knock and announce as they didn't think she was a threat. Again all of this is on the net and easily accessible to anyone who takes the time to search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
At least they’ll be virus-free.

4,960 posts, read 2,240,545 times
Quote:
I think most people understand the complicating factor is the fact that there is no way of knowing who is trying to kick in the door, - cop or crook. That is the problem with no-knock approach. Lot of gun owners would fire through the door if there is someone on the other side trying to force their way in.
Firing through a closed door would be illegal in most, if not all, states. Even in Florida.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:02 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Too bad facebook quietly killed it's live facebook video map.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:02 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:

You would think the victims parents would be satisfied after getting $12 million, but it seems they are very upset.
The police knocked and identified themselves before entering. Witness's (a neighbor) sworn testimony.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:03 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,034,438 times
Those cops should be charged with murder. The AG claims because they knocked they wouldn't be charged with murder, so if a robber knocks on my door first I can't defend my home when be breaks in? What kind of BS is that!? This is one case where I completely agree with any protests that happen. ALL 3 cops should be charged with murder.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:05 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Watching it live right now from the LMPD site. They have just arrested about a dozen of the ‘peaceful protestors’. Most are white. One of the white women is calling a black cop “f—-ing n—-r”. Some white guy is calling a different black cop “n—-r traitor”. Yeah, those bozos really care about us blacks. One guy they arrested had a hidden pistol.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
We all knew this is the way it would turn out. It's the way it always is.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:08 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:

You would think the victims parents would be satisfied after getting $12 million, but it seems they are very upset.
They knocked and announced.

Editing to add: apparently I'm the 27th person to post this.

Carry on.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:08 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Watching it live right now from the LMPD site. They have just arrested about a dozen of the ‘peaceful protestors’. Most are white. One of the white women is calling a black cop “f—-ing n—-r”. Some white guy is calling a different black cop “n—-r traitor”. Yeah, those bozos really care about us blacks. One guy they arrested had a hidden pistol.
Do you have a link - I looked at the site and can't find it - TY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies