Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 06:15 PM

57,329 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Ahhh, yes. Embassies in Jerusalem. And the move of the U.S.' embassy was wrong, only symbolic. blah, blah, blah. Bold move by President Trump.
Well if you want to present your nation as a fair an independent arbiter it was certainly meaningful, our objectivity in the ME is pretty much gone.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:19 PM

57,329 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You are wrong on the peace with the Palestinians must come first. That has been tried and blocked by Palestinian intransigence for 50 or more years. The Palestinians had their chance. Now they will play to someone else's call of the fiddle.
The Palestinians don't suddenly disappear because we have normalized relations with UAE, you seem to think they go away with this agreement.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Use religious documents developed by their religious leaders from thousands of years ago to validate their claim, really. I am not trying to insult any religion but you take everything by written in a religious document as fact.

We conquered Japan and and Germany, did we expand.
I didn’t take it as fact. The poster said that god didn’t give Israel to the Hebrews but that’s exactly what the Bible said he did. I’m not saying it’s fact, but it is written. Regardless of any religious perspective, the fact is that the land was part of the British empire. They asked the UN what to do with it and the UN split the area into Israel and part of the Arab states.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-16-2020, 07:01 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Wrong, yet again. I said it was a change which indeed it is. Along with the Arab League not rising to the defense of the Palestinians. Both are undeniably different than the Palestine centricity of the past decades. What the next actions are is unclear, but the change in direction, emphasis is too clear for even the most blind and obstinate to see.
Quote:
The Palestinians don't suddenly disappear because we have normalized relations with UAE, you seem to think they go away with this agreement.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
There is peace and there is building power fulcrum to thwart the Iranians and their new masters, the Chinese. Only fools would worry about objectivity. The goal, not feelings.

Quote:
Well if you want to present your nation as a fair an independent arbiter it was certainly meaningful, our objectivity in the ME is pretty much gone.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:21 PM

16,561 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
And I say good riddance to it. It's blatantly obvious that our interests align with Israel far more than they do with any other nation in the Middle East. So why shouldn't we support our closest ally in that region?

Old 09-16-2020, 07:51 PM

35,098 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if you aren't a 100% leftist, you need to read this thread and view the gaslighting by the left.

Getting Arab-Muslim nations to sign peace treaties with Israel is a HUGE thing. It is Earth Shaking and geo-political restricting at the highest level.

and what is said here? meh.

What did Nancy Pelosi say? it was a distraction.
Sorry, Ferd, I need to spread the reputation around. But what you've said here is spot on.
I'll make it easy; I'll rep you both. As I've posted above this is yuuuge! Trump is doing what my mentor advocates;doing the easy work first. Solving the "Palestinian" problem is the most difficult, maybe impossible task. It now looks like Sudan and Omar and not far behind the UAE and Bahrain. I would forsee Tunisia, Morocco and possibly Algeria are next on board. Bangladesh, Indonesia and possibly Malaysia could join the train. Who knows, maybe even Pakistan. KSA may have to wait a bit; there are some knotty theological issues to tackle, and it may have to wait for Salman's death, if not longer.

Saudi Arabia, meanwhile, will have very busy interest sections in the UAE and/or Bahrain embassies in Israel. Basically the Sunni world aligns with Israel on some level. Azerbaijan is already an close ally. Life could get very interesting in Iran and other Shia areas. And the Palestinians, as always, are left watching. As Abba Eban said (link), "the Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity."

Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The re-establishment of Israel as a nation after almost 2,000 years was a fullfillment of Biblical prophecy. That makes the nation of Israel different from any other nation.
There was no re-establishment of israel as a nation. 1948 is the first time that Israel was a nation. If its creation was a fulfillment of a Biblical prophecy, then I’d find a new deity. That’s a helluva way to treat “chosen people” for a few thousand years just to give them a homeland at the end of the story.

So yeah, i suppose Israel is different in THAT respect, but in all others, they’re no different than any other country.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:01 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,501,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There was no re-establishment of israel as a nation. 1948 is the first time that Israel was a nation. If its creation was a fulfillment of a Biblical prophecy, then I’d find a new deity. That’s a helluva way to treat “chosen people” for a few thousand years just to give them a homeland at the end of the story.

So yeah, i suppose Israel is different in THAT respect, but in all others, they’re no different than any other country.
Israel is a name that goes back to Biblical times. You don't have to be religious (I'm not),in order to recognize that. In that sense, Israel was re-established as a nation.

The Biblical prophecy angle is an interesting topic in itself, but am afraid it's ill suited for this section of the forum.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:25 PM

43 posts, read 14,574 times
These are not peace deals, these are the proxies of Anglo-Saxon empire lining up for the invasion of Iran so the correct term for it would be "Iran war deal"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies