Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 11:12 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,680,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
This is exactly why I will never live in a HOA. This kind of BS happens all the time. So many HOAs are little dictatorships. Bunch of control freaks with nothing better to do.
Yeah, big deal if my neighbor wants to turn over his car in the front yard in order to make that tranny removal a bit easier..And what's so bad about me having my construction rigs parked on my property, it's mine, and no one should tell me nothin..Murica, land of the obtuse, the difficult, the downright rude crude fools who can't see beyond their own interests.. HOA's have become a necessity for so many communities that have seen a total degradation of property, from weed farms to cars piled up in the yard, from shanties built in the backyard to puppy mills in the garage, and don't forget the meth cooks who just want a little privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 11:37 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Detest nazi HOAS and they are thick in Florida. Think this was a northern transplant’s conception to keep their racist and snobby lifestyles from being encroached on. That’s something I would love to see disolved 100% in my lifetime. They bother the veterans who fought for your dam freedoms and then restrict theirs. Wonder if I can display my shotgun in the front window? Hmm ?

Old 09-19-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Yeah, big deal if my neighbor wants to turn over his car in the front yard in order to make that tranny removal a bit easier..And what's so bad about me having my construction rigs parked on my property, it's mine, and no one should tell me nothin..Murica, land of the obtuse, the difficult, the downright rude crude fools who can't see beyond their own interests.. HOA's have become a necessity for so many communities that have seen a total degradation of property, from weed farms to cars piled up in the yard, from shanties built in the backyard to puppy mills in the garage, and don't forget the meth cooks who just want a little privacy.
Like that is the rest of the dwellers in the city - pfft. You find pedos, wife beaters, white collar crime - human trafficking, drugs and list of others issues. HOA does not stand for “heaven on affluence” rats live there too- many

Old 09-19-2020, 12:32 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,680,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Like that is the rest of the dwellers in the city - pfft. You find pedos, wife beaters, white collar crime - human trafficking, drugs and list of others issues. HOA does not stand for “heaven on affluence” rats live there too- many
It's always a bit humorous to see the spittle flying responses from those who "wanna do what I do" with no consequences, who the hell are you to castigate those who simply are sick and tired of the J Bob's who won't mow their lawn, don't keep their place clean, won't turn down their late night noise, won't refrain from hoarding junk and storing it right next to your home.

Those are the real Nazi's, they stomp around with a chip on their shoulder, daring anyone to challenge them about their "freedumbs." Yeah, some HOA's can be over the top, but that's another tale to be reckoned at a different juncture, I've lived in both the scenarios of HOA and non HOA, I'll take the situation of enforcing some civility upon those who can't find it in their heart to consider the other guy..

Old 09-19-2020, 05:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Yeah because that is what all people who don't live in a HOA do, or they would do, were it not for the HOA control freaks.

I lived in the same home that I built for 2 decades, had the same neighbors for that same period of time, no one did any of the things you suggested.

HOA's are necessary for people who want to control others or be controlled by others.

I couldn't be paid to live in a control freak zone. People tell me what landscaping I can have, when I can cut my grass, what days I can cut my grass.etc.

I have a friend here lives in a gated community. Unlike US HOAs this one is reasonable. The big fight right now is trash collection and what color cans to use for recyclables . People need to get a life.

If you aren't a control freak on a HOA board then you are a controlled freak taking orders.

Psssst there is a thing called zoning laws and deed restrictions that take care of all you mentioned. You don't need a board of control freaks playing dictator.

Old 09-19-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
It's always a bit humorous to see the spittle flying responses from those who "wanna do what I do" with no consequences, who the hell are you to castigate those who simply are sick and tired of the J Bob's who won't mow their lawn, don't keep their place clean, won't turn down their late night noise, won't refrain from hoarding junk and storing it right next to your home.

Those are the real Nazi's, they stomp around with a chip on their shoulder, daring anyone to challenge them about their "freedumbs." Yeah, some HOA's can be over the top, but that's another tale to be reckoned at a different juncture, I've lived in both the scenarios of HOA and non HOA, I'll take the situation of enforcing some civility upon those who can't find it in their heart to consider the other guy..
Yep Only good neighbors are found in HOAs. That is a fact. I don't know where you lived before, sounds like a lousy place. I have lived in 6 different states and have never had bad neighbors. The closest I came was a control freak who lived over a half mile away, but felt like he was the unofficial law on the mountain, cause in Jersey we did it like this or in Jersey this is how we did things. You aint in Jersey anymore pal. Control freaks. Buy a house next to an operating dairy farm then complain when the Farmer farms. Al came from a HOA in Jersey. LOL. He wanted all of us to adapt to him. Typical control freak.

No junk yards, but I did have a shooting range on my 10 acres. He hated that. We did work on cars in the shop. It was 24x36, we did welding and some milling as well. Had a pond too. He wanted a fence around it. "What if my grand kids fall in?" What if you keep your grand kids in their own yard? Over a half mile away.

No sir, don't need a HOA to be happy, to feel safe, or to protect my investment. I don't need them to tell me when I am allowed to cut my grass or on what day. I worked swing shift, I'll cut my grass when my schedule allows. My yard was as nice any HOA dwellers. Even had a Japanese sand garden and a garden pond. In ground swimming pool too. Yeah I know hicks from the sticks living large.

Old 09-19-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Detest nazi HOAS and they are thick in Florida. Think this was a northern transplant’s conception to keep their racist and snobby lifestyles from being encroached on. That’s something I would love to see disolved 100% in my lifetime. They bother the veterans who fought for your dam freedoms and then restrict theirs. Wonder if I can display my shotgun in the front window? Hmm ?
We had a Jersey transplant, he came from a HOA and tried to get everyone on the mountain to buy into his nonsense. The closest neighbor anyone had was at least 500 yards apart. He bought a house that was next to a working Dairy farm and spent the last 20 years of his life passing petitions and taking photos. He went to every township meeting to complain about the same things. LOL the Township supervisors were all dairy farmers too. LOL. His house was a half mile from mine, but he was worried that my pond didn't have a fence around it. In jersey they needed a fence around their ponds, or so he claimed. LOL. He was president of the board of his HOA and he knew how to organize things.

The only folks on that hill that didn't get along were the Jersey transplants. They were always in a state of feud with each other. Their kids were ok, it was the parents who were bent and twisted over every little thing.

Old 09-19-2020, 06:51 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
Quote:
This is weird because St Michael is truly a rural town, not really a suburb. This guy must be a real twit to turn people against him like this, but isn’t that what the constitution is for, to keep the majority from bullying the few and the few from bullying the majority as well.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:

I have owned 4 homes in my lifetime and always sold at a nice profit the last one went in 10 days with 21 offers. Non HOA people know how to take care of their homes. My neighbors loved how I raised the value of their own homes. You Vote these folks in -and nobody controls them or keeps them level headed.
Some people like living under hard rules- but leave the veterans alone already! Many have suffered and a flag will not hurt a soul!

Old 09-20-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I have owned 4 homes in my lifetime and always sold at a nice profit the last one went in 10 days with 21 offers. Non HOA people know how to take care of their homes. My neighbors loved how I raised the value of their own homes. You Vote these folks in -and nobody controls them or keeps them level headed.
Some people like living under hard rules- but leave the veterans alone already! Many have suffered and a flag will not hurt a soul!
I tried rep you but I need to spread it around.

I love the arrogance of only HOAs are safe places and only HOAs have good neighbors. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies