Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2020, 08:12 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hurr durr all full of deplorable trumpers hur durr

Ginsberg is getting replaced with a Trump judge. Deal with it.
LOL.

The notorious OMB (orange man bad) will be replacing the notorious RBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 08:20 PM

1,478 posts, read 478,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Your understanding of education is obviously a result of what Hannity, Limbaugh, and Fox have told you. The education I know is in depth research and steeped high in sciences, mathematics, and physics.

Will trump build his space force with people riding lawn mowers?

Assumption and condescension doesn't seem very smart to me.

It requires a shared under-standing to build.

In your post, you claim to know the depths and heights. And then express that view of yourself over others. Is that what your learning taught you?

Old 09-20-2020, 08:31 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
It's= it is/ it has
Its= possessive

You've written, "When a battleship fires it is cannons..." in a thread about "education." Is this also an example of "irony" or 4th grade language skills? (How about the misspelling of "hilariously" or the fact that you left out the apostrophe in "state's," even thought that one is a possessive and requires it? It reads as plural currently.)

If I insisted that 2+2=5, you'd tell me that was factually incorrect and probably have some hilarious (and deserved) insults for me. Yet, people use incorrect grammar all the time where the written word is the only form of communication, and simply shrug and say, "You know what I mean." Why the double standard, I wonder?
You can't tell the difference between typos or other errors and putting forth opinions where you have no education?

Let me explain: Steve types 2 + 2 =5, they realize that it was an error when pointed out to them.
Paul types 2+2 = 5 and starts a thread about however everyone should know this keen fact.

Paul is a moron, Steve made a mistake.

Glad I could help explain why it's not a double standard unless I were to start a thread about how to spell hillariously lol.

Imagine if I were to argue with you that I'd spelled "hillariously" right? Maybe that explanation will resonate with you instead?

Any goober with a computer can spell check words, maybe 5% of the adult population can explain where the OP put a power drill in their ear and learnified us bouts math.

Last edited by Mathguy; 09-20-2020 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-20-2020, 08:46 PM

Next up from the forum analytical experts....God hates democrats because sharks attack people in blue states more than red states and God hates republicans because they smite them with tornados more.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:29 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
JoJaJn says: "The education I know is in depth research and steeped high in sciences, mathematics, and physics."

Do you not realize how that sounds? I blocked you because I couldn't stand this kind of babble, but I guess I can't escape....

Old 09-20-2020, 09:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Washington is a city, not a state. If you want to compare cities, compare cities, if you want to compare states, compare states.

My post was referring to the typical Blue state and the retirees from them who will move to red states. I note that you did not address any of the points of my post concerning that.

I am surprised you don't know the District of Columbia is a county controlled by the Federal government. The District includes Georgetown.

Are you of the opinion that people from Blue states are NOT retiring into Red states?

Are you claiming that schools in the average Red states are NOT underfunded compared to the average Blue states?

The following is a list of the average teacher salary for the ten lowest states. This may be starting salary, but the source does not indicate that. I think it is astonishing considering that these people are college educated and probably have tuition debts dragging down their quality of life:

Mississippi : $34,784
Arizona : $34,473
Nebraska : $34,465
West Virginia: $33,715
Colorado : $33,483
Arkansas : $33,323
South Carolina: $33,148
Missouri : $32,226
Oklahoma : $32,010
Montana : $31,418

Pretty sad.

(Hesychios hands Listener her own head on a platter)
The figure for Oklahoma is out of date. It is now $36,601. So Oklahoma shouldn't even be on the list. In 2018, Oklahoma Republican legislators after many months of pressure by teachers and education supporters finally relented and gave teachers a raise in pay for the first time in years. Part of the pay raise is funded by a 3 cents hike in tax per gallon of gas. Republicans who refused to vote in favor of that teacher raise likely got voted out of office, about a dozen of them. While it's true that Oklahoma is a poorly run Republican state, it's not true in every way.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:44 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
JoJaJn says: "The education I know is in depth research and steeped high in sciences, mathematics, and physics."

Do you not realize how that sounds? I blocked you because I couldn't stand this kind of babble, but I guess I can't escape....
It apparently has replaced sex for them. Obsession. If they ever had the former. Weird.

Election years bring out the weird on steroids.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:19 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
For all those talking about being more successful with less education, here are some hard statistics on salary by education level: https://resources.finalsite.net/imag...edule19-20.pdf As you can see, as education goes up, so does salary.
Which begs the question... WHY do Republicans earn more than Democrats?

Old 09-21-2020, 08:29 AM

This article helps explain and make fun of the same one variable approach the OP is using.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27537142

Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hurr durr all full of deplorable trumpers hur durr

Ginsberg is getting replaced with a Trump judge. Deal with it.
Yes and perhaps he will find one that does not like killing unborn babies .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies