Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:03 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Same thing he does about all the other messes he has made: lie about it. The right wing media will not fact check him and his base will believe it.
Blah, blah, blah. Orange Man bad. You add nothing to the conversation and it is beyond old.

Right wing Media is at the most a few percentage of total Media which the Democrats OWN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 08:04 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Unemployment numbers reported today have risen beyond what people expected. The market has had a brutal September now that the sugar high of Trump's stock market has worn off with no more stimulus. Once again, Trump fails to understand the basic concept that you cannot fix the economy until you fix the spread of COVID. So what will Trump run now that the economy and his favorite talking point - the stock market - appear to be collapsing right before the election? He'll run on 200,000 deaths? What else does he have left at this point?
For someone who took his screen name from a renowned mathematician, you aren’t very good at statistics. September is, historically, the absolute worst month for the stock market and it typically shows a temporary boost in unemployment due to summer jobs ending. What you call a “collapse” is, at this point, merely a cyclical down combined with what could be - but probably isn’t because our government likes to fiddle - a long needed correction. In order for the stock market to be “collapsing” (such hyperbole) it’s going to need to go down a lot faster for a much longer period.

The rest of your post is nothing but typical left wing spin to try to blame Trump for what in any other year and under any other President would be considered fairly normal market patterns.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:05 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,401 times
Everyone knows covid-19 is responsible for the global economic turmoil this year, which is affecting countries all around the world. Blaming Trump is a rather juvenile & pathetic way to attract new democrat voters, and it's not going to work.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The jobs report for September is still not in, and the one for August, unemployment fell 1.8% with 1.4 million new jobs created. Stock market? Not that concerned as I think it will rebound after Trump is re-elected. Spread of COVID 19? I think most people are over that now and realize that with the update on deaths being less than 10,000 actually having the CAUSE of COVID 19, the threat amounted to "crying wolf". Kids are back in school here, maybe 5 cases total in all the schools, and in-person classes seeing more and more students.

What does Trump have left: dropping unemployment, new job creation, much lower death count for COVID 19 since deaths had 2.5+ health conditions, and many were not even tested to see if they had COVID 19, only IF THEY MIGHT HAVE IT (to bring in additional funding through CARES $50,000 or Medicare 20% premium with testing maybe at best 30% accurate). As the facts the many things that Trump has accomplished during his 4 years as POTUS, a list to long to print here but widely available on the internet.

Add to that the incoherent Biden running against Trump, and the Dems supporting violence and promising that no matter what they will challenge the results of the election.

Looking darn good to me! Trump 2020!
Spoken like a true bond loyalist to Trump. Trump lied about how serious it was to prevent a panic. Newsflash, American people already panicked buying gloves, soap, hand sanitizers, paper towel, toilet paper, beans, rice and Mac and cheese boxes before Trump said how serious it was when he finally shutdown European travel about two weeks too late (Italy and Spain were hot spot dating back to the end of February.) Trump's Woodward interview shows Trump misled us. Either he was lying then or he is lying now, but either way Trump has made a huge lie to the American public and we shouldnt stand for it.

As for it looking good, it is still too soon to say. The stock market has been inflated by investors using house money since the first drop in March. The fed put interest rates at next to 0%. The fed can't do anything more if things get worse and with a winter surge, it easily could get worse. We can only hope vaccines and treatment options do their jobs and masks keep transmission low.. i do think though due to the executive level issues I spoke of earlier, I dont think Trump is the guy to do it. Do I think Biden is a better leader, yes. Do I think he is the ideal guy, no. Will I vote for him, yes. I cannot vote for a guy who has lied to us or called my grandparents suckers for getting into a war as soldiers.

FYI, I never believe either party creates jobs. I didn't like 2012 with Obama because graduates at the time still had a hard time getting work and again in 2020, there is little new job created due to social distancing. I imagine holiday workers will be cut too which could hurt as well.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Everyone knows covid-19 is responsible for the global economic turmoil this year, which is affecting countries all around the world. Blaming Trump is a rather juvenile & pathetic way to attract new democrat voters, and it's not going to work.
Covid is the root but a political figures handling of the epidemic makes them responsible. You are trying to let Trump off the hook. I ask who are you voting for when you get your ballot?

Old 09-24-2020, 08:13 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
This will be the first winter since the COVID-19 outbreak began. I doubt we'll have workable vaccine until next summer. It's very concerning. I think we'll need to do something to help out all the people who are caught between a rock and a hard place, through no fault of their own.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:19 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This will be the first winter since the COVID-19 outbreak began. I doubt we'll have workable vaccine until next summer. It's very concerning. I think we'll need to do something to help out all the people who are caught between a rock and a hard place, through no fault of their own.
Agree. We need a total lifting of these Democrat run government lock downs and restrictions on businesses and let the PEOPLE decide if they need to take precautions for their health, self isolate and other measures.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:22 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Covid is the root but a political figures handling of the epidemic makes them responsible. You are trying to let Trump off the hook. I ask who are you voting for when you get your ballot?
I'm voting for Trump.
Btw, many other nations haven't handled covid-19 very well despite their best attempts.
Americans have certain liberties and freedoms, we can't just lock people inside their apartment buildings and houses like they did in China to stop the spread of the virus. Even Fauci has defended Trump's response to the virus, much of it recommended by Fauci himself.

Biden's support for the violent, marxist BLM organization is one of the main reasons I won't vote for him.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:24 AM

4,192 posts, read 2,512,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The economy is doing quite well all things considered.

After the election the blue states will open back up, and the economy will recover even quicker.

That of course assumes the President Trump is reelected.

In the unlikely event Biden wins, the economy will going back into recession.
It should be remembered that when Obama took office the economy was in shambles. He left with an economy booming. Trump squandered that by "downplaying" the epidemic. When the blue states reopen, will the red states that have closed reopen? Its a bit of a misnomer to say only blue states shut down.

Of course, not even Trump believes what he says...if so he would not have shut down the IRS which still hasn't caught up on the backlog causing untold problems with small business' cash flow. In fact, they just changed the recording about delays. Trump closing the IRS now means the feds will pay out more interest on the delayed refunds.

In short, its a fiasco starting at the top where the virus was downplayed, states were left on their own and Trump can't even make a decision about masks.

The toll in medical bills is just beginning to trickle down. According to MoneyFit Credit Counseling, Justia and other credit and legal sources dealing with bankruptcy, with insurance for someone who is hospitalized with Covid, the out of pocket cost is about $10,000; without its $70,000. Deductibles, copays, out of pocket medical care costs at home and so on are expensive even with insurance. Of course, most don't incur these when when they do, it can be devastating.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:25 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
While the question isn’t directed at me, I’ll answer anyway. I’ll be voting third party as I usually do because I don’t believe that the two major parties give a rodent’s rectum about the average citizen. As for letting Trump off the hook, the Dems are doing the same with their elected representatives by not holding governors like Cuomo responsible for the massive casualties brought about by their actions or for their egregious breaches of government power. The media actually touts New York as an example of how Covid should be handled .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies