Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times

Advertisements

the horse is in critical condition.

Prosecutors: Horse Ridden by ‘Dreadhead Cowboy’ on Dan Ryan May Not Survive
https://news.wttw.com/2020/09/23/pro...ay-not-survive
Quote:
The horse ridden for 7.5 miles on the Dan Ryan Expressway during an impromptu protest Monday by a man known as the “Dreadhead Cowboy” would not have survived without immediate treatment and may still be euthanized, according to Cook County prosecutors, who said the treatment of the horse was the equivalent of forcing an 80-year-old woman run a full marathon.
pathetic.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309331661574664192
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 09:47 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
When the cook county prosecutors go after a fellow D, it's not partisan.

This dude is effed for what he did to that horse.

For those of you that were never into running....concrete is absolutely brutal on you. I would not be surprised if high-traffic concrete were even harder.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:54 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,796,575 times
I heard about this earlier. I'm beyond p*ssed about this.

I don't give a damn what these pos want. When you murder an animal, through torture, anything you say means nothing to me.

He deserves what he did to that horse.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:59 PM

130,624 posts, read 12,160,757 times
No one has the right to hurt animals, no cause at all. No matter how noble your cause, you must always also act nobly & not harm other humans or animals.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:34 PM

17,464 posts, read 14,706,572 times
Mayor Lightfoot's very own "Census Cowboy" ... Lori is such a great judge of character.

I'm so angry over this - if he treated this animal like this is public, imagine how it treated the horse in private.

It's sickening.

(There's another article that has his sister wailing on how she couldn't get any information about her brother. What a twatwaffle.)

Old 09-24-2020, 11:50 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,127,153 times
Alot of folks I usually disagree with that I agree with ITT.
As someone said above, running on concrete can bleep up your legs/feet.

Old 09-25-2020, 12:12 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the horse is in critical condition.

Prosecutors: Horse Ridden by ‘Dreadhead Cowboy’ on Dan Ryan May Not Survive
https://news.wttw.com/2020/09/23/pro...ay-not-survive

pathetic.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309331661574664192
I meant to post this yesterday but got sidetracked by screaming children. This seriously pissed me off. You use your horse to block traffic so that your protest can be heard? Okay, maybe that idea has merit. But you damn near killed your horse in the process!!! What the hell is wrong with you??? Your horse doesn't have to die for your protest!!!

Quote:
The Dreadhead Cowboy — born Adam Hollingsworth — became a social media sensation, “our Batman,” a mainstay at Black Lives Matter protests, the mayor’s census ambassador, a friend to children across the city. He declined to speak with reporters. Hollingsworth faces a felony aggravated animal cruelty charge, along with misdemeanor counts of trespassing and reckless conduct.

Assistant State’s Attorney Kevin DeBoni said Hollingsworth kicked and whipped the horse to force the animal on a 7.5-mile trip down the expressway Monday. By the time it collapsed on the pavement near 95th Street, it was in critical condition, DeBoni said.
The horse will likely have to be put to sleep.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...xyi-story.html

Old 09-25-2020, 12:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,749,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Alot of folks I usually disagree with that I agree with ITT.
As someone said above, running on concrete can bleep up your legs/feet.
It's actually worse than that. The horse passed out onto the concrete from dehydration and exhaustion. At some point, Mr Dreadhead Cowboy says that he feeds and waters his horse, so it should have been fine. Clearly didn't know how to care for a horse.

Old 09-25-2020, 12:32 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,127,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It's actually worse than that. The horse passed out onto the concrete from dehydration and exhaustion. At some point, Mr Dreadhead Cowboy says that he feeds and waters his horse, so it should have been fine. Clearly didn't know how to care for a horse.
Damn, that's just wrong. smh...

Old 09-25-2020, 12:34 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When the cook county prosecutors go after a fellow D, it's not partisan.

This dude is effed for what he did to that horse.

For those of you that were never into running....concrete is absolutely brutal on you. I would not be surprised if high-traffic concrete were even harder.
Running any horse on pavement is brutal. And dangerous. This puke needs to be horsewhipped. I think he was trying to be the living image of that stupid statue they unveiled in VA.

The one of the "dredhead rider". I wont do this cretin the honor of calling him a horseman. Around here that's an earned title. And this Bozo could never earn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies