Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 04:22 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Not just large gatherings. Read the link in the op.
Per the link:

"As many people in the United States begin to plan for fall and winter holiday celebrations, CDC offers the following considerations to help protect individuals, their families, friends, and communities from COVID-19."

Considerations, as in, things you might want to consider. Or not. Not a mandate. Not an order. Not a law.

It appears to me the CDC is doing exactly what it should be doing, which is giving advice about COVID-19 to those who are interested. And many people are interested.

Once again, we are in the middle of a pandemic. It seems like you are having trouble comprehending that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 04:27 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm free to respond to whomever I please. If it's you - better luck next time.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:28 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
I don’t do anything special for Thanksgiving because I am capable of being thankful 365 days a year and don’t need to set aside a special afternoon for it.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Per the link:

"As many people in the United States begin to plan for fall and winter holiday celebrations, CDC offers the following considerations to help protect individuals, their families, friends, and communities from COVID-19."

Considerations, as in, things you might want to consider. Or not. Not a mandate. Not an order. Not a law.

It appears to me the CDC is doing exactly what it should be doing, which is giving advice about COVID-19 to those who are interested. And many people are interested.

Once again, we are in the middle of a pandemic. It seems like you are having trouble comprehending that.

I know it’s not a mandate or an order but they are telling you these things are not safe.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:38 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Normal for us.....neighbors comin' over, family flying or driving in from other states.....should be the usual blast....

Old 09-28-2020, 04:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
I know it’s not a mandate or an order but they are telling you these things are not safe.
Once again, we're in the middle of a pandemic. If you want to make sure you don't get it, then the safest way to do that is to not go to large gatherings. Obviously that isn't a concern for you. It is for some people, and they will appreciate the CDC's considerations.

So, why do you care that the CDC put that out for people who might want it? Just ignore it, as you obviously plan to do, and let everyone else make up their own minds about it.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Because they’re not safe.

There is a virus going around. Viruses are transmitted from person to person and when large groups of people are in the same contained space it is easier to transmit.

Do you get this outraged when you see a “warning curves ahead” sign?

Old 09-28-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Once again, we're in the middle of a pandemic. If you want to make sure you don't get it, then the safest way to do that is to not go to large gatherings. Obviously that isn't a concern for you. It is for some people, and they will appreciate the CDC's considerations.

So, why do you care that the CDC put that out for people who might want it? Just ignore it, as you obviously plan to do, and let everyone else make up their own minds about it.

I’m not having a large gathering either but also won’t be following all of the CDC’s guidelines surrounding holidays. Are you?

Old 09-28-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Because they’re not safe.

There is a virus going around. Viruses are transmitted from person to person and when large groups of people are in the same contained space it is easier to transmit.

Do you get this outraged when you see a “warning curves ahead” sign?
So you will be following all of their guidelines I assume? It’s not just about large groups. Please read them if you haven’t already.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
So you will be following all of their guidelines I assume? It’s not just about large groups. Please read them if you haven’t already.
Why do you care if I do or not? Do my choices hurt you in some way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies