Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 10:26 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
See here’s where you need to do research before posting. Your first two points there are numerous videos with either Kamala or Biden contradicting themselves. So either they are lying to get voters on both sides or they don’t know where they stand on those issues!
Elliott believes any and all Democrat lies. He's not alone unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 10:30 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Biden has said several times he would repeal all of Trump's tax decrease.
It's right here on the Tax Foundation's website:
  • Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would enact a number of policies that would raise taxes on individuals with income above $400,000, including raising individual income, capital gains, and payroll taxes. Biden would also raise taxes on corporations by raising the corporate income tax rate and imposing a corporate minimum book tax.
https://taxfoundation.org/joe-biden-tax-plan-2020/

Just like Kamala said. Pence lied through his teeth.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:30 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Default Pence tans Kamala's hide

She hasn't been spanked this hard since Will....never mind.

Yeah we just saw a junior senator get exposed by a sitting VP.

This matters this year ladies and gentlemen. Joe Biden would be older than Reagan on day 1 than Reagan was when he LEFT OFFICE

Usually VP debates are no big deal. This year is different.

I think the reality of a San Francisco liberal behind a man who has one foot on the banana peel was a stark. The most liberal senator in DC would be one heartbeat away. Pence reminded the nation that she supports:

- Banning fracking
- The green new deal
- partial birth abortion
- raising taxes
- mandating more lockdowns and masks
- healthcare for illegals
- packing the SCOTUS

None of those are going to play well in the heartland.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:31 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What's your point?

Are you saying Chris Matthews is gay?
You said he got a tingle on his leg from Kamala. She's not his type.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:32 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I really like Pence, he is calm and collected, just what Trump needs to bounce ideas off of. It was said they have dinner once or twice a week and Pence gives him a lot of policy ideas.
Trump bounces ideas and then he does whatever the hell he wants to.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
The fly liked Pence too.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Keeping the camera on the opponent, while they answered question, was bad for Kamaltoe.
Her demeaner was not the best appearance.

Democrats were not expecting Pence to show the alpha.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:35 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,034 times
I like how Pence never once answered the question about pre-existing conditions.

As a person with a pre-existing condition, it scares me to think we could have SCOTUS over turn the ACA and Trump/Pence won't have anything lined up, if they win the election.

What's even worse is that this presidency, is supporting to revocation of the law that provides over 20 million people health coverage, during the middle of a pandemic.

They, at no point in this presidency, came up with a plan that would pass and protect pre-existing conditions.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:35 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What?
From the above post. Questions are in bold, my answers are below.

[/quote]Pence flat-out lied about Biden's tax increase.[/quote]
What specifically did Pence lie about?

[/quote]Pence flat-out lied about Biden wanting to ban fracking. [/quote]

The problem is that Biden flip-flops on this issue, so it is difficult to tell whether he lies or is just forgetful or just changes his mind.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl.../#2d633c8d65da

[/quote]Pence flat-out lied when he said Trump was "always truthful" about the virus.[/quote]

Yes, I believe that Trump did lie -- or else he was misled. However, I do think Trump honestly felt that the virus was "overblown" if one is talking about the actual fatality rate, and I think there has been a definite over-reaction. (However, with Trump, granted, lies come as easily to him as breathing, imo. I am not a Trump supporter.)

[/quote]Pence flat-out lied about Trump's healthcare plan... he has no plan![/quote]

I don't think that was a lie because who knows whether Trump actually does have a healthcare plan, but IF he does, he certainly has not been very forthcoming with it -- just like, to my knowledge, Biden has not announced what he would specifically do about the COVID situation.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-07-2020 at 10:54 PM..

Old 10-07-2020, 10:36 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Harris won this debate. "Greatest failure in American history" by Harris was the top takeaway and most memorable line.

Pence was robotic, weak and boring. Half the time he ignored the moderator's question and went off on a different subject. Like Trump, he was rude and interrupted Harris often, which was annoying.
That is her repeating her opinion, it did not enlighten anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies