Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 05:25 PM

6,387 posts, read 3,551,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
And let's see .... Trump is a proven pathological liar; he belittles and bullies people, is a serial abuser of women; pay prostitutes for sex, is an adulterer, is a tax cheat; a draft dodger, and a coward. The list goes on.

Maybe you need a course in morals and ethics.
I have no problem with anyone who doesn’t want to vote for Trump. My post has nothing to do with Trump. What it has to do with is the fact that Biden failed Kayla Mueller and her family.

If you want to ignore the blood on Biden’s hands in regards to this issue, go ahead. But realize you are giving up any moral ground over Trump supporters to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 05:27 PM

304 posts, read 130,074 times
I agree with most of the other posters here. This is one of the most bizarre threads I have read for a while.

a) The Obama administration is not responsible for Kayla's death. Maybe they could have done things differently, but it is not really fair to blame the administration on the actions of ISIS.

b) Even if the Obama administration was at fault, Biden personally is not responsible for Kayla's death. Like, at all. Like, it is one of the biggest stretches I have ever seen to try to blame Biden for her death.

c) Even if you could somehow do the contortions to put the blame on Biden, this is a really weird issue to focus in on as being the one thing that should turn voters away from him. All leaders (including Trump) have to make difficult decisions, and some of those decisions lead to people dying. Rarely should the handling of a single issue be the deciding factor in who you vote for.

d) Even if you managed to convince yourself that Biden was personally responsible for Kayla's death and this should be a make-or-break issue for you, I still find it bizarre that this should only turn off Arizona voters. I mean, I get that some people are loyal first and foremost to their home state, but it is weird that you think no Arizona voters should ever vote for Biden since Kayla Mueller was from Arizona, but it is OK for people from other states to. If this issue was really big enough to turn any voters away from Biden, it shouldn't really matter if they come from the same state as Kayla or not.

So, all in all, I have to say, this is one of the weirdest threads I've read for some time. On City-Data, that's saying quite a lot.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:32 PM

10,493 posts, read 7,094,703 times
Location has ZERO to do with who anyone votes for president of the US. In fact, our votes DO NOT MATTER AT ALL. They have ZERO bearing on who gets into the WH.

I'm speaking of the common voter here, NOT a member of the electoral college.

If you're a member of the electorate, then YOUR votes certainly DO matter. Not mine though...

Old 10-10-2020, 05:32 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,929,841 times
Quote:
How wacky is this post!! Trump is responsible for thousands and thousands dying because of his terrible handling of COVID and you call out Biden for bad morals?
Trump is NOT responsible for thousands dying of Covid! Nice try blaming him though! Given China's early lies about Covid, tell me exactly what Sleep Joe would have done differently. In fact, he CRITICIZED Trump for Trump's not allowing China flights, and Pelosi was asking folks to visit San Francisco! HYPOCRITES ALL!!

Old 10-10-2020, 05:33 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,830,346 times
Biden's event in Yuma. Looks like not very many are excited.

https://twitter.com/CharleneforAZ/st...29026414129152

Old 10-10-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
I agree with most of the other posters here. This is one of the most bizarre threads I have read for a while.

a) The Obama administration is not responsible for Kayla's death. Maybe they could have done things differently, but it is not really fair to blame the administration on the actions of ISIS.

b) Even if the Obama administration was at fault, Biden personally is not responsible for Kayla's death. Like, at all. Like, it is one of the biggest stretches I have ever seen to try to blame Biden for her death.

c) Even if you could somehow do the contortions to put the blame on Biden, this is a really weird issue to focus in on as being the one thing that should turn voters away from him. All leaders (including Trump) have to make difficult decisions, and some of those decisions lead to people dying. Rarely should the handling of a single issue be the deciding factor in who you vote for.

d) Even if you managed to convince yourself that Biden was personally responsible for Kayla's death and this should be a make-or-break issue for you, I still find it bizarre that this should only turn off Arizona voters. I mean, I get that some people are loyal first and foremost to their home state, but it is weird that you think no Arizona voters should ever vote for Biden since Kayla Mueller was from Arizona, but it is OK for people from other states to. If this issue was really big enough to turn any voters away from Biden, it shouldn't really matter if they come from the same state as Kayla or not.

So, all in all, I have to say, this is one of the weirdest threads I've read for some time. On City-Data, that's saying quite a lot.
Even if I wasn’t from AZ, I’d still have problems with what Biden did. True, it was Obama’s decision ultimately, but Biden was right there telling him not to go in when the military provided a viable plan to rescue her weeks before her death.

Biden’s M.O. is to not do anything. He wouldn’t have hit Al Baghdadi, and he wouldn’t have hit General Suleimani, and both would still be alive today and actively trying to kill US troops if Biden was involved in the decision making.

I get it, you are uncomfortable with this post because you can’t really defend Biden’s thought process. It’s indefensible.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:41 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,978,362 times
Quote:
And let's see .... Trump is a proven pathological liar; he belittles and bullies people, is a serial abuser of women; pay prostitutes for sex, is an adulterer, is a tax cheat; a draft dodger, and a coward. The list goes on.

Maybe you need a course in morals and ethics.
OH and i forgot one more thing to add to the list. A rapist (according to his ex-wife Ivana).

And you wonder why people in AZ would vote for Biden and not Trump. Bizarre!!!

Old 10-10-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
OH and i forgot one more thing to add to the list. A rapist (according to his ex-wife Ivana).

And you wonder why people in AZ would vote for Biden and not Trump. Bizarre!!!
Again, my post has nothing to do with Trump. I don’t care if you don’t want to vote for him. I’m not even advocating that anybody vote for him.

My main goal here is to point out the hypocrisy of leftists because they all think their side is so ethically superior and it just isn’t true.

So since you went there, do you also want to discuss Tara Reade, and all the other indiscretions of Biden? Of course not, because shes lying, right?

Old 10-10-2020, 07:10 PM

57,399 posts, read 26,447,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post

This just sounds like right wing desperation and yes one of the weirder threads.

Old 10-10-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This just sounds like right wing desperation and yes one of the weirder threads.
When people respond with “weird” and attack the messenger instead of the message, that’s how I know I’m right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies