Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 04:29 PM

6,276 posts, read 3,467,383 times

Advertisements

I can fully understand if you prefer Kelley over McSally. I consider both of those candidates to be honorable people and if a Democrat wanted to vote for Kelley or a Republican wanted to vote for McSally, it makes perfect sense.

But since Biden is absolutely 100% culpable in the death of a young Arizona woman, Kayla Mueller, I think that disqualifies him in our state to receive our vote.

I also perfectly understand if you don’t like Trump, mainly due to the McCain rhetoric, and if you refused to vote for Trump, that would make sense too.

So what I’m really stating here is that Democrats should be voting 3rd Party at the top of the ticket. Republicans who have issues with Trump’s bashing of McCain should also be voting 3rd Party.

Since Democrats are only moral when it suits them, of course they will vote for Biden, even though his (and Obama’s) delay killed Kayla Mueller. In a perfect world, they both should be charged with negligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 04:42 PM

17,183 posts, read 23,003,375 times
https://news.yahoo.com/former-sen-jo...042000089.html

Former Sen. Joe Donnelly shuts down Pence's line of attack over ISIS hostages

Vice President Mike Pence targeted Joe Biden on Wednesday over the Obama administration's handling of ISIS hostages, having invited the parents of Kayla Mueller, who was killed by members of the Islamic State in 2015, to the debate hall, and claiming the former VP blew "an opportunity" to save her.

But former Indiana Sen. Joe Donnelly (D) had a different recollection of Biden's efforts to bring home ISIS hostages when he was serving under President Obama, as well as of then-Indiana Gov. Pence's participation. "Mr. Vice President, out of respect for the Kassig family, I have never discussed, in a political forum, my efforts as Indiana's United States Senator to free Peter Kassig and the other hostages from ISIS captivity," he tweeted Wednesday night. "Your comments tonight leave me no choice."

"As you know, I (and so many others) worked day after day with the Obama/Biden administration, our military, and others to try and bring Peter and the others home from ISIS captivity," Donnelly went on. "We worked nonstop to see the Kassig family together again with their son, and I was heartbroken we could not get him home. I know firsthand the hard work put in by these Patriots, including the Administration, that you criticize tonight."

He added: "One thing I do clearly remember is I saw and spoke to those in the Obama/Biden administration in this all out effort to free Peter and the other hostages much more than I saw or heard from you about this effort."

Kassig, like Mueller, was an aid worker in Syria; he was from Indiana, where Pence was governor at the time, and killed by ISIS in 2014. Pence's attempt to redirect the conversation to terrorism was likely an attempt to move to more "favorable terrain" for the Trump administration, Axios reports.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/former-sen-jo...042000089.html

Former Sen. Joe Donnelly shuts down Pence's line of attack over ISIS hostages

Vice President Mike Pence targeted Joe Biden on Wednesday over the Obama administration's handling of ISIS hostages, having invited the parents of Kayla Mueller, who was killed by members of the Islamic State in 2015, to the debate hall, and claiming the former VP blew "an opportunity" to save her.

But former Indiana Sen. Joe Donnelly (D) had a different recollection of Biden's efforts to bring home ISIS hostages when he was serving under President Obama, as well as of then-Indiana Gov. Pence's participation. "Mr. Vice President, out of respect for the Kassig family, I have never discussed, in a political forum, my efforts as Indiana's United States Senator to free Peter Kassig and the other hostages from ISIS captivity," he tweeted Wednesday night. "Your comments tonight leave me no choice."

"As you know, I (and so many others) worked day after day with the Obama/Biden administration, our military, and others to try and bring Peter and the others home from ISIS captivity," Donnelly went on. "We worked nonstop to see the Kassig family together again with their son, and I was heartbroken we could not get him home. I know firsthand the hard work put in by these Patriots, including the Administration, that you criticize tonight."

He added: "One thing I do clearly remember is I saw and spoke to those in the Obama/Biden administration in this all out effort to free Peter and the other hostages much more than I saw or heard from you about this effort."

Kassig, like Mueller, was an aid worker in Syria; he was from Indiana, where Pence was governor at the time, and killed by ISIS in 2014. Pence's attempt to redirect the conversation to terrorism was likely an attempt to move to more "favorable terrain" for the Trump administration, Axios reports.
That would all be believable were it not for the fact that I’ve had BOG in the AOR for many deployments encompassing multiple years and know what really happened.

Biden has a long history of inaction, he advised Obama not to take out Bin Laden.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:59 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,847,118 times
It's pretty easy.

You go to vote, and then you check the box next to Biden's name.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
It's pretty easy.

You go to vote, and then you check the box next to Biden's name.
Of course you do, because you are morally corrupt.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:05 PM

18,456 posts, read 19,099,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Of course you do, because you are morally corrupt.
Trump is morally corrupt.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:06 PM

13,722 posts, read 9,059,054 times
Quote:
That would all be believable were it not for the fact that I’ve had BOG in the AOR for many deployments encompassing multiple years and know what really happened.

Biden has a long history of inaction, he advised Obama not to take out Bin Laden.

Could you translate your abbreviations?

Old 10-10-2020, 05:09 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,973,129 times
Quote:
I can fully understand if you prefer Kelley over McSally. I consider both of those candidates to be honorable people and if a Democrat wanted to vote for Kelley or a Republican wanted to vote for McSally, it makes perfect sense.

But since Biden is absolutely 100% culpable in the death of a young Arizona woman, Kayla Mueller, I think that disqualifies him in our state to receive our vote.

I also perfectly understand if you don’t like Trump, mainly due to the McCain rhetoric, and if you refused to vote for Trump, that would make sense too.

So what I’m really stating here is that Democrats should be voting 3rd Party at the top of the ticket. Republicans who have issues with Trump’s bashing of McCain should also be voting 3rd Party.

Since Democrats are only moral when it suits them, of course they will vote for Biden, even though his (and Obama’s) delay killed Kayla Mueller. In a perfect world, they both should be charged with negligence.
How wacky is this post!! Trump is responsible for thousands and thousands dying because of his terrible handling of COVID and you call out Biden for bad morals?

Old 10-10-2020, 05:09 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,401,727 times
How is Biden culpable in Muellers death and why is this the only issue for the election in Arizona.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:18 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,973,129 times
Quote:

And let's see .... Trump is a proven pathological liar; he belittles and bullies people, is a serial abuser of women; pay prostitutes for sex, is an adulterer, is a tax cheat; a draft dodger, and a coward. The list goes on.

Maybe you need a course in morals and ethics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies