Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 02:01 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times

Advertisements

I found this pretty funny. On the same day I receive glossy campaign material from both parties.

Trump material: a picture of Trump only, waving to a stadium crowd, and not wearing a mask.

Biden material: a picture of 4 people - Biden/Harris/some guy on right and some lady on left, all holding hands, and all wearing masks.

First of all, why the democrats would bother mailing me anything is beyond me. That can be filed under "wasted money".

Second of all, do these peope realize how utterly STUPID they look wearing masks in this picture?

Only a few more weeks until we get this thing over with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 02:05 PM

1,049 posts, read 961,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I found this pretty funny. On the same day I receive glossy campaign material from both parties.

Trump material: a picture of Trump only, waving to a stadium crowd, and not wearing a mask.

Biden material: a picture of 4 people - Biden/Harris/some guy on right and some lady on left, all holding hands, and all wearing masks.

First of all, why the democrats would bother mailing me anything is beyond me. That can be filed under "wasted money".

Second of all, do these peope realize how utterly STUPID they look wearing masks in this picture?

You know who looks stupid? Trump, for not wearing a mask and then getting COVID as result of being a reckless idiot.

Don't need a mailer for that, I was able to figure that one out myself.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:14 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
You know who looks stupid? Trump, for not wearing a mask and then getting COVID as result of being a reckless idiot.

People who wear masks still get Covid. That's not my point. Wearing masks in a glossy campaign poster makes no sense what.so.ever

And here's another point. If they decided to wear masks.... then why have no social distancing also? Don't those two things kind of go together?

Old 10-14-2020, 02:18 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
The CDC advises against Joe's recommendation of shutting the entire country down over COVID-19. He is officially opposed to "the science." That right there should be a deal breaker for most people, as lockdowns have been demonstrated to make the poor poorer, and the rich, richer. People need to get back to living their lives, having fun, and doing what is right for them and their families well being. The rise in suicide, drug abuse and alcoholism associated with lockdowns is not helping anyone.

Quote:

People are stupid if they get COVID? You sure you want to go there? How about people who get cancer? Cancer can be prevented in many cases. Are people stupid for getting cancer as well?

Whatever the case may be, Trump got over it and is back to running circles around Biden. Trump actually looked much healthier than Biden when he actually had COVID-19. I don't blame Biden for being so terrified of the virus. It looks like a gentle breeze would be enough to terminate his life here on earth.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:21 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:

ah you figured out wrong. The information has been out there since the beginning that a mask doesn't keep you from getting Covid. I don't know why people don't seem to be able to grasp that. The purpose of the mask is to keep YOU from spreading Covid if you have it. Now you can go after Trump for possibility spreading it for not wearing a mask but its important not to contribute to false information.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:26 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,938 times
Doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me. I receive both republican and democratic candidates for local legislative candidates. Whether you're blue or red, it's worth shot to send a flyer in case you see the flyer and may think of voting on the other side. For the cost of the flyers, it's a cheap risk worth taking IMO.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:37 PM

1,049 posts, read 961,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
T

People are stupid if they get COVID? You sure you want to go there? How about people who get cancer? Cancer can be prevented in many cases. Are people stupid for getting cancer as well?

Whatever the case may be, Trump got over it and is back to running circles around Biden. Trump actually looked much healthier than Biden when he actually had COVID-19. I don't blame Biden for being so terrified of the virus. It looks like a gentle breeze would be enough to terminate his life here on earth.
People who are repeatedly told of the risks and how COVID is transmitted, yet ignore the advice and get COVID as a result are stupid, yes. Trump and his staff were reckless, had an event that was completely counter the CDC guidelines. As a result several people were infected. I call that reckless and stupid. Not sure how you can spin that to make Trump look good.

Nice false equivalency bringing up cancer, cancer can be genetic and isn't transmitted through the air. Nice try though.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:38 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Biden's message is to instill fear over the virus, and reinforce the message of your utter dependence of government.

Trump's message, the people's president.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:40 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
People who are repeatedly told of the risks and how COVID is transmitted, yet ignore the advice and get COVID as a result are stupid, yes. Trump and his staff were reckless, had an event that was completely counter the CDC guidelines. As a result several people were infected. I call that reckless and stupid. Not sure how you can spin that to make Trump look good.

Nice false equivalency bringing up cancer, cancer can be genetic and isn't transmitted through the air. Nice try though.
You guys throw this stuff out there, what CDC guidelines was Trump and his staff complete counter of?

You do know that any mask that is not an N95 or equivalent is not going to keep out the micro droplet the virus floats on thru the air from infecting someone, right?

Old 10-14-2020, 02:40 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:

How many individuals are within 6 feet of President Trump in that picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies