Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 05:54 PM

6,828 posts, read 2,138,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
There were TWO "published" case reports in the US (there have been several documented case reports of a 2nd worse infection in other countries). And in reality (non-published reports), it's likely more than that. Most likely people who are infected once are a little more cautious going forward.

I have a friend I spoke to who got it (early 40's female, relatively healthy). She said she had flu-like symptoms and didn't have the energy to even move around for about 1 month. She told me that she was never really meticulous about cleanliness (frequent handwashing, getting a flu shot, etc.), and she didn't wear her mask consistently. She said this changed her.
Don't tell me about Covid19. I had over 2 dozen people close to me (friends, family) test + for it. And many more who had the classic symptoms but never got tested. I live in Miami afterall.

Most of these people never felt even 1 symptom, but were tested because someone close to them tested +.

1 friend of mine (actually husband of a friend) was hospitalized for over a month but he pulled through. He was late 50s, obese, cigar smoker. No lingering symptoms. He's back to normal.

1 friend of mine, complained she had difficulty breathing for months after she was officially cleared. But she was a bit of a hypochondriac, and when she went to the doctors and did scans of her lungs, nothing showed up.

All in all, it has been a big joke so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 06:00 PM

35,884 posts, read 21,309,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Don't tell me about Covid19. I had over 2 dozen people close to me (friends, family) test + for it. And many more who had the classic symptoms but never got tested. I live in Miami afterall.

Most of these people never felt even 1 symptom, but were tested because someone close to them tested +.

1 friend of mine (actually husband of a friend) was hospitalized for over a month but he pulled through. He was late 50s, obese, cigar smoker. No lingering symptoms. He's back to normal.

1 friend of mine, complained she had difficulty breathing for months after she was officially cleared. But she was a bit of a hypochondriac, and when she went to the doctors and did scans of her lungs, nothing showed up.

All in all, it has been a big joke so far.
Real joke for those who buried their loved ones. - like in the movies. They will get up and walk off stage. Right ?

Old 10-16-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Real joke for those who buried their loved ones. - like in the movies. They will get up and walk off stage. Right ?
Burying your loved ones is part of life. Do you know how many people close to me I had to bury up to this point?

Point is, most people who catch this bug don't even know they have it. It's a joke. It's not worth all the economic disruption we're doing right now.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 8,070,113 times
Dude is not exactly the poster child for good health to begin with.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Burying your loved ones is part of life. Do you know how many people close to me I had to bury up to this point?

Point is, most people who catch this bug don't even know they have it. It's a joke. It's not worth all the economic disruption we're doing right now.
I have buried children -I know -life is life- but we should preserve it and be good stewards. Go on with your money - I see money comes and money goes, as by seasons, your loved one is not coming back.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have buried children -I know -life is life- but we should preserve it and be good stewards. Go on with your money - I see money comes and money goes, as by seasons, your loved one is not coming back.
2 years ago I buried my younger brother. Died at 42 from lung cancer. He never looked after his health, smoking (like me), painting and using chemicals without proper protections from car engines, and it caught up to him. On Thanksgiving I saw him - he looked healthy, big and sturdy as ever. Them in February he woke up unable to breathe. Perhaps he had it for a while, and didn't admit it. But when he went to the hospital, it was all over for him. He died 2 months later. He leaves behind two grown boys.

I also buried my father and many friends (motorcycle accident, drug OD, heart attack, etc).

This is reality. Death comes to all, but this virus is not the grim reaper. Your odds of dying from it is low.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:22 PM

16,054 posts, read 6,750,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Him wearing a mask probably wouldn't have changed anything, masks protect others from your germs not the other way around. I'm sorry he had a hard time and I'm glad he recovered and I don't even like the guy.
Masks do provide some protection to the wearer. They just provide more protection to others.

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus

Old 10-16-2020, 06:48 PM

If Chris walked out in a week, with his health issues, does that mean the virus is getting weaker ? The meds now are working better? There’s very little information coming out as to why these folks are fairing so well. This would be good new for all, but not a word. Why did they do so well. Others not sharing much info either.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:10 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,643,500 times
I'm glad he recovered and is back to normal. This covid is no joke y'all.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:13 PM

3,770 posts, read 1,541,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I hope he continues to recover and am gald to hear he has the humility to admit he didn't take the risk as seriously as he should have. He is potentially an important ally for those who think it has been downplayed. Clearly his weight and pre-existing conditions (most notably asthma) were factors and I am sure his experience will be dismissed for that reason. But he is a high profile voice for those in similar situations.
yup, unlike trump who still refuses to take the virus seriously.
I liked his as gov and would much prefer him to trump for the republican ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies