Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 05:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Fearful New Yorkers plan to flee city on Election Day: ‘People will go nuts’

Some people want to get out the vote. Others just want to get out.

New Yorkers are on edge after a leaked NYPD memo, obtained by The Post, revealed this week that police are preparing for protests to begin as early as Oct. 25 and grow in intensity through next year. The department decreed officers should “be prepared for deployment,” adding: “This November 3rd will be one of the most highly contested presidential elections in the modern era. There is also a strong likelihood that the winner of the presidential election may not be decided for several weeks.”

It’s enough to make some residents run for the hills.

I wonder who they are afraid of ?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/17/fearfu...-election-day/
On election day?
The U-Haul should have been packed a week ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 05:43 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think we can expect violence at the polling places, for starters.
Perhaps I need to vote early so they don't kill me.

Thanks to the Democrats for destroying this country and promoting violence. THIS is what you get when you look other way for months.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I'm planning to stay away from the polling places or downtown on election day, and the few days after that.

Anything could happen, and I'm playing the odds by avoiding potential flare up spots.
I just found my place to vote! I will do it Tuesday.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I just found my place to vote! I will do it Tuesday.
That's great.

You have time before that to pay attention to the down-ballot stuff that doesn't always get thoughtful attention.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
That's great.

You have time before that to pay attention to the down-ballot stuff that doesn't always get thoughtful attention.
Exactly! They actually don't start until tomorrow. I am so glad for the suggestion. This way, if there are any problems, you work the kinks out and you have until Oct 31st to vote early

Old 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM

1,803 posts, read 936,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Perhaps I need to vote early so they don't kill me.

Thanks to the Democrats for destroying this country and promoting violence. THIS is what you get when you look other way for months.
Some of you have been cursing cities for years and decades. The rest of the world just says - how much you'all just hate each other. WE HAVE PRIDE IN OUR CITIES AND MANY WITH 1000s of YEARS OF HISTORY and DEFINE OUR NATIONS.

How can we as a Patriotic American see our cities as throwaway and even desire they fall into some fetish for ruin? You do know Donald Trump may loose a lot of money if NYC implodes right? But he is moving out of the country anyway if he looses. I hope he can get out before the Feds stop him as Snowden did.

I would not yet predict he will loose the election. Still I do not think he can evade his lawsuits and Taxes not released formally forever. He only buys time remaining President.

I hope we do have more peaceful a election then my fears currently are. Militia having Trump give a signal to show up at the polls in areas it expects heavy Democrat turnout in major cities could just implode to what some want to merely think it brings down Democrats? Still you NEED TO REALIZE THE ECONOMY and STOCK MARKET WOULD ALSO ----- THINK OUR 401k's and other investments too.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Some of you have been cursing cities for years and decades. The rest of the world just says - how much you'all just hate each other. WE HAVE PRIDE IN OUR CITIES AND MANY WITH 1000s of YEARS OF HISTORY and DEFINE OUR NATIONS.

How can we as a Patriotic American see our cities as throwaway and even desire they fall into some fetish for ruin? You do know Donald Trump may loose a lot of money if NYC implodes right? But he is moving out of the country anyway if he looses. I hope he can get out before the Feds stop him as Snowden did.

I would not yet predict he will loose the election. Still I do not think he can evade his lawsuits and Taxes not released formally forever. He only buys time remaining President.

I home we do have more peaceful a election then my fears currently are. Militia having Trump give a signal at the polls in areas it expects heavy Democrat turnout in major cities could just implode to what some what? Still you NEED TO REALIZE THE ECONOMY and STOCK MARKET WOULD ALSO.
You mean "loses" right?

America loves Trump!

Old 10-18-2020, 06:47 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,945 times
I don’t think these are Trump supporters

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-or...ng-him-n-word/

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-or...-speech-rally/

Old 10-18-2020, 06:54 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
I'm planning to stay away from the polling places or downtown on election day, and the few days after that.

Anything could happen, and I'm playing the odds by avoiding potential flare up spots.
It won't be at the polling places, it'll be the usual... smashing storefront windows and stealing Gucci bags and Nike's, setting fire to police cruisers, etc... This is if Trump wins.

If Biden wins we won't see anything, other than some online complaining.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:56 PM

490 posts, read 152,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
On Long Island my fellow Dems and I are worried about what the trumpees will do if he loses. They're a nasty bunch.

What happened when trump won in 2016? Millions of women and a lot of men marched peacefully. Stop projecting your own violent fantasies.
I guess you missed all the property damage caused by those peaceful protestors. I keep trying to figure out how so many people can be this uniformed about things that actually happened....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies