Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 06:23 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am not anti gun. I worked in ballistics for years. I am pro gun control, but that’s not the point. I want to know why parents kill their own children regardless of the weapon they use. As someone said cars have been used. Chris Watts strangled his children, I believe.
You're anti-gun, whether you want to admit it or not. See below. Your entire original post was a shiny wrapper around an anti-gun statement.

Quote:
Why are these situations happening? What can be done to prevent them? Gun control is never the answer to republicans. I would assume the guns were purchased legally in this situation, as I haven’t heard differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 06:24 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
The problem will continue as long as having children is considered “the norm,” as opposed to a reasoned, well-thought out choice that’s not for everyone, or even most people.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:27 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I didn’t put this in psychology because I don’t know that is where it belongs...

Our county recently had a father kill his very young son, while the mother was at work. It was definitely premeditated as he had an elaborate plan prior, that he facilitated using an unknowing friend. It ended as a murder/ suicide. The father shot the child, then himself.

What makes parents do this? Why don’t they just kill them selves and the leave the children to live? Is it to punish the other parent? Is the simple answer that they are just crazy? Do we have that many people walking around that are just plain nuts?

I can’t wrap my head around it. I don’t know what I would do, if my sons father hurt my son. It just makes me think that maybe it’s easier to parent alone, where only one parent or a responsible for the children and not at risk for the other parent to hurt them. I have raised my daughter without another parent and she has turned out amazing. I don’t have to worry that her other parent will kill her.

Why are these situations happening? What can be done to prevent them? Gun control is never the answer to republicans. I would assume the guns were purchased legally in this situation, as I haven’t heard differently.
Yes
Yes
and
Yes

Old 10-21-2020, 06:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Same reason women get abortions. The kid(s) are an inconvenience to them, and our society has very little respect for life.
Yeah but men/ women have walked away from children for centuries without killing them.... the mother had a job and could support Her own child.

She is only having the funeral for the child. The husband is having nothing...

Old 10-21-2020, 06:32 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Not sure why it has anything to do with guns. He can uses his bare hands and kill his kids. Should there be a law to ban hands? Bottom line is he is crazy. He should have get treatment and the tragedy may be prevented.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You're anti-gun, whether you want to admit it or not. See below. Your entire original post was a shiny wrapper around an anti-gun statement.
I am not anti gun. I don’t have a love for them that some have..,. I probably have a few in the safe... But I promise I have more classes, range time and training then most posters. I worked in ballistics for years....

19,718 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Chris Watts doesn’t come across as crazy... was he diagnosed with a mental illness?

Yeah, pretty sure we all figured out he's a straight up psychopath.

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
I didn’t put this in psychology because I don’t know that is where it belongs...

Our county recently had a father kill his very young son, while the mother was at work. It was definitely premeditated as he had an elaborate plan prior, that he facilitated using an unknowing friend. It ended as a murder/ suicide. The father shot the child, then himself.

What makes parents do this? Why don’t they just kill them selves and the leave the children to live? Is it to punish the other parent? Is the simple answer that they are just crazy? Do we have that many people walking around that are just plain nuts?

I can’t wrap my head around it. I don’t know what I would do, if my sons father hurt my son. It just makes me think that maybe it’s easier to parent alone, where only one parent or a responsible for the children and not at risk for the other parent to hurt them. I have raised my daughter without another parent and she has turned out amazing. I don’t have to worry that her other parent will kill her.

There was a man years ago, called his wife, and told her he was going to shoot the teenage daughter to get back at her for leaving him. He shot and killed the daughter I believe while he talked to his wife on the phone.. this guy was evil to the core. Shooting his own flesh and blood daughter as revenge. Sick people out there. It is not the gun,, He could have knifed her or poisoned her or strangled her, It is not the gun, it is the person.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Not sure why it has anything to do with guns. He can uses his bare hands and kill his kids. Should there be a law to ban hands? Bottom line is he is crazy. He should have get treatment and the tragedy may be prevented.
It’s not about guns. Why do parents kill their own children regardless of the chosen tool?

Old 10-21-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yeah, pretty sure we all figured out he's a straight up psychopath.
It may seem so but is he actually diagnosed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies