Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who do you think won this final debate?
Trump 308 67.99%
Biden 145 32.01%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 08:35 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump did not sway any new voters to his side last night. Only 11 days until he is ousted.
Haha, good luck with that thinking. Biden made himself look even worse last night.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:37 AM

1,253 posts, read 503,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
Biden's foreign policy toward enemy nations- "I will make them pay the price. I will make them pay". Then he will get 10% of the price.
10% to the Big Guy!

Old 10-23-2020, 08:39 AM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times
I thought Trump did great. Biden stayed in his basement for 5 days to practice for the debate and his answers reflected that. When Biden talked, it seemed so rehearsed. He could have never come up with a lot of things he said on his own and without help. Like Trump said, Biden came out looking like a politician...saying a bunch but not getting anything done. Trump talks and does what he promised.

What if Biden became president and had a impromptu meeting with a world leader, he wouldn't be able to stay locked up in the White House basement to practice what he needs to say. Yes, like he said, if I become president I will be boring. Of course he will because he won't be accomplishing much. Like Trump said, he's had his time to get things done but did not. What makes this time any different.

As far as Covid, Biden said nothing different than what Trump is already doing.

Biden can hardly talk and get out a whole sentence. He just sounds so feeble and loses his train of thought. We need someone with all their faculties.

I laughed out loud when he brought up character and not lying and being honorable. We all know he and Harris are so wishy washy about packing the court, fracking, doing this and that. They lie all the time. As far as being honorable, let's look at the recent allegations against his corrupt self. lol

Way to go Trump!!!! I feel more confident than ever now that Trump will win the next 4 years!!!

Old 10-23-2020, 08:39 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
I have to say, the moderator of the debate was the best I have ever seen. Other than her trying to cut Trump off on the 10 second rebuttals, where she just said sure to Biden's 10 second rebuttals, I thought she did outstanding. She actually took it right to both candidates in a polite manner and forced them to address tough issues. She didn't even dodge Biden's money laundering scandal. Bravo for her.

When the moderator pressed Biden, he snapped and started yelling at her. He has a major anger issue. Her eyes opened wide and I had this thought bubble over her head with her thinking this is a Jack Nicholson moment in A Few Good Men. He also lied so much he made Trump's lies look small. I mean, Come On Man. We all saw the video of Biden saying he was going to end fracking. And then he admits right on stage he is going to put the oil industry out of business. That will play well to the far left base, but it won't play well to those who work in the industry or are supported by it.
Anger is a sign of dementia. People start to lose inhibitions.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:44 AM

13,465 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Biden's attacks on Trump on family separation has to be a big joke when Biden has as long record of separating families from the crime bill, wars and Obama's deportations and the Obama/Biden administration built the children cages for 8 years It's like they are selective on deaths and family separation. Democrats don't have a leg to stand on.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump did not sway any new voters to his side last night. Only 11 days until he is ousted.
I don't know. I'm a slightly-left-of-center Independent and not a Trump fan by any means, but that debate can only help him.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 AM

18,111 posts, read 15,690,551 times
One debate could not move the needle. People are exhausted from nearly 4 years of chaos, inability to work well with others, constant lying, promises not kept, just to name a few things. Even his own "best people ever hired, ever" have left in droves and have called him:

- a moron
- an idiot
- an idiot & a dope
- the most flawed person I've ever met
- like an 11 yr old child
- a liar

On top of that, last night was his chance to talk specifically about his plans for a 2nd term. Details, specifics. He had nothing. No plans, nothing to suggest he was going to do anything.

Let's put this in terms of people who work for a living: If you're hiring a CEO to run your company, would you hire the dude who had no idea what to do, no plan in place, no details, and all he did in his interview is diss the previous person who had the job 4 years before he did? Are those the qualities that make you think this is the best person for that vital job?

Old 10-23-2020, 08:47 AM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,121 times
Most have already decided. It’s not a decision election. It’s a turn out election.
When Biden called Lincoln a racist, I was expecting the audience to make a little gasp..
Joe is and never will be a leader. He has been a passive aggressive Senator at best.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:47 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
I didn't see anything new in this debate if I was still undecided nothing either of them said would add any new information. The same old attacks from Trump side, and Biden responding to them.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:49 AM

21,947 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I thought Trump did great. Biden stayed in his basement for 5 days to practice for the debate and his answers reflected that. When Biden talked, it seemed so rehearsed. He could have never come up with a lot of things he said on his own and without help. Like Trump said, Biden came out looking like a politician...saying a bunch but not getting anything done. Trump talks and does what he promised.

What if Biden became president and had a impromptu meeting with a world leader, he wouldn't be able to stay locked up in the White House basement to practice what he needs to say. Yes, like he said, if I become president I will be boring. Of course he will because he won't be accomplishing much. Like Trump said, he's had his time to get things done but did not. What makes this time any different.

As far as Covid, Biden said nothing different than what Trump is already doing.

Biden can hardly talk and get out a whole sentence. He just sounds so feeble and loses his train of thought. We need someone with all their faculties.

I laughed out loud when he brought up character and not lying and being honorable. We all know he and Harris are so wishy washy about packing the court, fracking, doing this and that. They lie all the time. As far as being honorable, let's look at the recent allegations against his corrupt self. lol

Way to go Trump!!!! I feel more confident than ever now that Trump will win the next 4 years!!!
I thought it was interesting that Trump mentioned blue states twice (once during Covid and once about bailouts)....and Biden gave the same canned response to both times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies