Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,045,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
They did this. They did not use Covid, just measured droplets. The found the fleece neck masks make things worse.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...1&publicId=395
Did you post the wrong study?

Your link says, in conclusion:

But the conclusions, as in so many other studies, have left little doubt that wearing a mask is our best defense against the spread of COVID-19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,573 posts, read 1,181,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
They did this. They did not use Covid, just measured droplets. The found the fleece neck masks make things worse.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...1&publicId=395
CDC says CV 'is not available'. How do you measure ?
It is a theoretical virus.

26,660 posts, read 13,780,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did you post the wrong study?

Your link says, in conclusion:

But the conclusions, as in so many other studies, have left little doubt that wearing a mask is our best defense against the spread of COVID-19.

That’s a totally different study then this one.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That’s a totally different study then this one.
Oh right, I realize that. I was talking to the person who posted that study, believing it said that masks don't work in prevention of transmission of COVID.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:12 PM

Here’s a link that doesn’t require cookies or translation. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04337541

We won’t be able to see the actual study until it’s published.

And another. https://www.yourdanishlife.dk/unique...lity-of-masks/

Old 10-23-2020, 05:15 PM

17,716 posts, read 6,972,538 times
I'm afraid the mask cultists will accept nothing less than 100% mask compliance at all times in all places, at least until after the Presidential election.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:17 PM

17,716 posts, read 6,972,538 times
"Safe" = a nonsense word used by people who don't understand the concept of risk.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I clicked back in, and I had 3 choices to "choose" and none of the sounded safe to me. Sounds all garbled, who knows WHAT is coming through when you open that link. It's not the typical "this website uses cookies, you must enable cookies", or "the website would like to use your location to further aid you".

I'm into studies, and research, and understand what "double blind" and "placebo" mean in responsible research, and I can't see how you could possibly have those conditions in a study where participants are either wearing a face mask or not. Because they would know.

Did you read through the methodology? Can you describe how it's done?

The final concern - and it's a big one - is that the researchers are keeping these findings so secret and are angry that responsible medical journals won't publish them. Anyone else, doing ground breaking research they believe is true, would say "we've conclusively found that masks don't (or do, whatever) stop the spread of COVID, and here are our findings although we are having a hard time getting this information accepted for publication". Really, this is SO off, the secretiveness and the weird website blocker - I just don't trust it.

But I would be happy to read through the methodology if someone could either copy and paste it, or could describe it on the forum.
https://www.yourdanishlife.dk/unique...lity-of-masks/

We can’t read through the methodology until it’s published but based on what I can find, 3000 wore the mask anytime they left the house and had to do so for at least three hours a day. The other 3000 did not wear masks but followed the health authority recommendations, they also had to leave the house at least three hours a day. It sounds like a lot of the participants worked in grocery stores.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:22 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,350,779 times
I’m not familiar with how these scientific studies are done. In language understandable to a layperson like me, can you explain how a study can be “blind” if the study subjects know whether they are wearing a mask or not? The intervention under investigation is a mask, and it would seem that is pretty hard to “blind”.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m not familiar with how these scientific studies are done. In language understandable to a layperson like me, can you explain how a study can be “blind” if the study subjects know whether they are wearing a mask or not? The intervention under investigation is a mask, and it would seem that is pretty hard to “blind”.

Sorry, my mistake. It’s a randomized controlled trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies