Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,740,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
..... and they can count any ballots that arrive up to 3 days after the election, even if not postmarked by Election Day. Folks this how a coup happens.
If Democrats cheat, then Republicans should cheat back. However, if Republican and Democrat workers are watching each other at the polling locations, there may not be much cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 09:49 PM

2,400 posts, read 759,698 times
The link is a bunch of tweets. What is the reason for this?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,740,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Why not just rule that Democrats can vote after the election in sufficient numbers to win the election?
Why not ask a more absurd question?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,914,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Since we don't teach cursive in schools anymore then people will just print their names in the future. How are they going to compare that. My signature changes all the time because I'm not used writing my name anymore. Everything is on keyboard now. I write it half in cursive and half in print. Weird, I know.
Yeah mine does too. It changes based upon the pen I am using, if I am in a hurry or feel stressed. I have worked with my hands my entire life and now I have a bit of arthritis and that impacts my signature. Finally the surface and material that I am writing on impacts the signature.

That said if the Dems wanted the matching signatures removed I suspect it is to grease the wheels of cheating. We are talking PA, home of the kids for cash scandal and many other acts of corruption. LOL

Last edited by boneyard1962; 10-23-2020 at 10:45 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 10:08 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,255,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I couldn't find anything in the article that said this. Only that signatures didn't have to resemble the signature on file.

Got a link or reference that says they can count ballots that arrive up to 3 days after Election Day, even without postmarks from Election day?
Quote:
In a 4-4 decision the U.S. Supreme Court allowed a Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to stand that requires ballots received up to three days after the election to be counted. Only if a ballot is clearly postmarked after 8 p.m. on Election Day will it not be counted if it arrives by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6.
https://www.naco.org/articles/suprem...r-election-day
So, no postmark at all means it is not clearly marked after 8 pm Election Day. And, now signatures don’t have to match.

If the difference comes down to Pennsylvania the election can literally be stolen.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:15 PM

32,222 posts, read 15,204,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah mine does too. It changes based upon the been I am using, if I am in a hurry or feel stressed. I have worked with my hands my entire life and now I have a bit of arthritis and that impacts my signature. Finally the surface and material that I am writing on impacts the signature.

That said if the Dems wanted the matching signatures removed I suspect it is to grease the wheels of cheating. We are talking PA, home of the kids for cash scandal and many other acts of corruption. LOL
Omg, trying to write with your finger on a pad is impossible. I can't even read my signature lol. Republicans like to cry voter fraud but have no real proof. It may be a story here and there but nothing substantial.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:35 PM

18,786 posts, read 7,698,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So, no postmark at all means it is not clearly marked after 8 pm Election Day. And, now signatures don’t have to match.

If the difference comes down to Pennsylvania the election can literally be stolen.
The Supremes voted 4-4 on the Penn Supreme Court decision. A tie vote means that the U.S. Supreme Court lets the lower court decision stand.

And the lower court (in this case the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court) says what you said.

From the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court decision (see https://www.scotusblog.com/wp-conten...03e99643-1.pdf , page 37):
Quote:
After consideration, we adopt the Secretary’s informed recommendation of a three day extension of the absentee and mail-in ballot received-by deadline to allow for the tabulation of ballots mailed by voters via the USPS and postmarked by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day...
Quote:
We likewise incorporate the Secretary’s recommendation addressing ballots receivedwithin this period that lack a postmark or other proof of mailing, or for which the postmark or other proof of mailing is illegible. Accordingly, in such cases, we conclude that a ballot received on or before 5:00 p.m. on November 6, 2020, will be presumed to have been mailed by Election Day unless a preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that it was mailed after Election Day.
We emphasize that voters utilizing the USPS must cast their ballots prior to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, like all voters, including those utilizing drop boxes, as set forth supra. We refuse, however, to disenfranchise voters for the lack or illegibility of a postmark resulting from the USPS processing system, which is undeniably outside the control of the individual voter.
It occurs to me that, as the Pennsy court says, a "lack or illegibility of a postmark" is indeed outside the control of the voter... unless the voter, or a helper, deliberately planned it that way.

Katie bar the door. I can hear now, thundering herds of Democrat lawyers descending on Pennsylvania... along with trucks, mail sacks, forms to let such-and-such a stranger turn in your ballot, and everything else needed for the Democrats to visit every nursing home, retirement community, college dorm, hospital, etc. in search of ballots nobody has marked.

My only remaining question is, now that the Pennsy Supreme court decided, and the US Supreme Court affirmed (sort of) that such actions will be held as legal.....

....are the Republicans also preparing equal (or greater) thundering herds to similarly invade Pennsylvania?

Last edited by Roboteer; 10-23-2020 at 10:50 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 10:45 PM

19,962 posts, read 22,900,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A Pennsylvania court ruled that signatures on mail ballots don't have to match the registration form.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/...il-in-ballots/
No that's not what they said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...natures-431794

Quote:
“We conclude that the Election Code does not authorize or require county election boards to reject absentee or mail-in ballots during the canvassing process based on an analysis of a voter’s signature,” the state Supreme Court wrote in an opinion signed by six of the seven justices, including five Democrats and one Republican.

The seventh justice, another Republican, concurred with the ruling.

The court directs “the county boards of elections not to reject absentee or mail-in ballots for counting, computing, and tallying based on signature comparisons conducted by county election officials or employees, or as the result of third party challenges based on such comparisons.”

“If the Voter’s Declaration on the return envelope is signed and the county board is satisfied that the declaration is sufficient, the mail-in or absentee ballot should be approved for canvassing unless challenged in accordance with the Pennsylvania Election Code,” Boockvar’s mid-September guidance read. “The Pennsylvania Election Code does not authorize the county board of elections to set aside returned absentee or mail-in ballots based solely on signature analysis by the county board of elections.”
They never said signatures 'don't have to match'. What they said is they can't be summarily rejected based SOLELY on that. The standard challenge rules still exist on those ballots potentially suspect.

I highly doubt the state has handwriting experts on hand in sufficient numbers to analyze signatures. Anything suspect goes through a challenge process.

Furthermore this ruling was unanimous with 5 democrats and 2 republican judges.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,914,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Omg, trying to write with your finger on a pad is impossible. I can't even read my signature lol. Republicans like to cry voter fraud but have no real proof. It may be a story here and there but nothing substantial.
Travel to PA. I would only be surprised if it didn't happen there. Especially in the old coal mining areas like Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 10-23-2020 at 11:45 PM..

Old 10-23-2020, 10:51 PM

32,222 posts, read 15,204,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Travel to PA. I would only be surprised if it didn't happen there. Especially in the old coal ming areas like Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties.
You are speculating. I want proof of what you are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies