Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 04:19 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The right-wing cannot argue without invoking a fantastically unrealistic doom day scenario. They watch Hollywood sci-fi and apply it to their world.

You guys are acting like oil is going to end the day after Biden is elected. An idea so dumb, I don't know where to even start debunking.

We all know the only way it will work is by slowly transitioning away from it as new technologies are developed and the costs are reduced to the point that they are feasible.

5 years doesn't sound like that though..and Biden said, has plan was carbon neutral by 2025. Then he said 2035....so which is it ? And it's pretty much impossible to put a date to it. A break through in clean energy could happen in 2 days or 50 years.... there is no guessing on when. As long as we work towards it, without being forced, without crashing the economy , and without killing peoples pocket books it should be good.

So now it's a "very long time"....this guy is all over the place.

“We’ll get rid of the subsidies of fossil fuels, but we’re not getting rid of fossil fuels for a very long time,” he said.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/bi...n-fossil-fuels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 05:12 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They'll survive. I'm not all that concerned about the big oil companies.they're not going to actually implement these restrictive policies you realize thats just all talk to pander to the environmentalist vote.

Plus Eddie above me makes a good point. The frackers really aren't making much money at these prices. Maybe paying more for gas and energy will help encourage growth into the green sectors.

You really thing that makes electricity cheaper Fracking and cheap Natural gas that's what keeps the cost of electricity down. Not that other crap......If he wins I hope he stops drilling and fracking overnight! Nothing to fuel the fires of revolt like some blackouts!

Old 10-25-2020, 05:19 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
thats called supply and demand. i wonder if we look at your assets and income we can all determine that you have way to much and are paid way too much. After all its you just being "greedy". I am sure in your infinite compassion and drive to be fair you will happily share all you have with those poorer then you are. i remember those Wall Street protestors in "occupy wall Street" with their 1k iPhone and other expensive electronics protesting wealthy wall street. it's almost laughable.
Oh yes, Occupy Wall Street where they were against the Bail Outs and Corruption.

Obama the "Liberal" gave the finger to the protesters and bailed out the bankers

So much for Free Market Capitalism eh?

Last edited by J746NEW; 10-25-2020 at 05:28 PM..

Old 10-25-2020, 05:34 PM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
The rolling blackouts is the fault of the privately run PG&E. It has nothing to do with California or green energy.

Your argument is akin to blaming Louisiana for the BP oil spill.

If you are going to talk about an issue, at least be informed about it.

The reason is the state of California mandated that AB32 required that 50 percent of California’s electricity to be powered by wind and solar by 2025, that is 50%.. half... and 60 percent by 2030, and then ending in 100 percent wind and solar energy by 2045. Good luck with that.. Wind and solar.. these nuts will never learn.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They'll survive. I'm not all that concerned about the big oil companies.they're not going to actually implement these restrictive policies you realize thats just all talk to pander to the environmentalist vote.

Plus Eddie above me makes a good point. The frackers really aren't making much money at these prices. Maybe paying more for gas and energy will help encourage growth into the green sectors.
California mandated that 50% of their electric would come from wind and solar.. good luck with that. No sun at night and the wind has to blow everyday.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Good, what's the problem?

Old tech becomes obsolete and dies.
So , you want to go back to the stone age. This will happen depending on wind and solar to run electric cars, turn on the lights. California is struggling now.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkling Clear View Post
Right, I guess they forgot that the economy flourished under Democratic leadership and has had it’s worse failures under Republicans. Stop being stupid people.
obama has the slowest recovery. The dems wanted everyone to own a home even if they could not afford it. Barney Frank backed it and millons of homes never saw the first mortgage payment and the banks were all bailed out by Obama.

Biden has to lie on his ads , telling lie after lie . Biden says he will cover preexisting conditions while Trump is already covering preexisting conditions and will continue. Biden has to lie about Trump cutting social security , yet Biden was the one to talk about cutting Social Security.

Biden is a typical politician who can't run on the truth. Trump keeps his promises. Biden says no fracking. Then says I didn't say that . The guy talks out of both sides of his mouth constantly.

If you have a 401K or a pension plan, it will be cut under Biden . The stock market will take a huge hit because Biden wants to kill American companies and ship them to China. The globalists love him. Biden is NOT FOR AMERICANS. Never was. Never did a thing for blacks. Put them in jail and made them serve 75% of their sentences for non -violent crimes.

Kamala put 1900 black men in prison for drugs . We know what they are capable of. Kamala is farther left than 'communist Bernie.

Old 10-26-2020, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
For ONE hour it was 100% supplied by solar. You should try reading the articles you link.
And I guarandamtee you the Australia interconnected grid was still connected holding up SA's voltage with fossil fuels...

Old 10-26-2020, 04:16 AM

Quote:
The right-wing cannot argue without invoking a fantastically unrealistic doom day scenario. They watch Hollywood sci-fi and apply it to their world.

You guys are acting like oil is going to end the day after Biden is elected. An idea so dumb, I don't know where to even start debunking.

Do you think electricity is made from oil?

Old 10-28-2020, 11:07 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,544,095 times
I can see nuclear being brought up For discussion again in 4-5 yrs..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies