Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 02:40 PM

2,082 posts, read 930,577 times

Advertisements

Trump Takes The Lead In Pennsylvania; +3 Per New Poll

Trump picking up momentum from the debates.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/26/t...-per-new-poll/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 02:55 PM

4,719 posts, read 2,008,058 times
I have said this about every poll the Dems keep posting how Trump has no chance and i'll say it about this poll. After 2016 you have to be a fool to believe polls. All you are doing is feeding your own viewpoints. Those who make the polls proved themselves incompetent last time. We will see in a few weeks if they have gotten their act together and deserve to be listened to again. If they are wrong again its time they go off and find other employment.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:59 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,481,128 times
LOL. sooo....your argument is that...now that a ton of votes are already in, him polling higher will save him. Got it.

Also heres a link to the actual poll. Which has a margin of error of....4.9%
https://overland.amgreatness.com/app...-Oct-25th-.pdf

See that margin of error? Yeah. Even better? The thing is on "likely voters" in a year with record turnouts. Yeah this is not as reliable as you might think.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:00 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,466,716 times
It's one poll.

He's still down 5 in the RCP average.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:01 PM

6,991 posts, read 3,183,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I have said this about every poll the Dems keep posting how Trump has no chance and i'll say it about this poll. After 2016 you have to be a fool to believe polls. All you are doing is feeding your own viewpoints. Those who make the polls proved themselves incompetent last time. We will see in a few weeks if they have gotten their act together and deserve to be listened to again. If they are wrong again its time they go off and find other employment.
Polls are not meant to show real statistics. They are meant to Influence those statistics by giving all the social media fanatics links to like and share and fill their bubble with.

So basically they either pick Trump or Biden,...a 50/50 proposition,. C'mon, Man! You'll get the same reliability from Miss Cleo.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:02 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,481,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
LOL. The polls in 2016 weren't bad-they allowed me to predict that Trump would win the electoral before the election, and that he would lose the popular. The problem is that too often people do not understand polls.

And I was not a Trump supporter at all when I predicted his win. Stop thinking polls have no relationship to reality. Start trying to understand what polls mean. People in 2016 failed to do that and started this polls are bad nonsense. People are missing what polls are, or what they mean.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:05 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,986,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

an article from 'American Greatness",....sounds legit,..
Yeah, you bet. OP is a busy little poster these days. It's more important that he spams the board with an endless stream of threads in support of Trump. Something has got to go, and in this case, the truth is thrown to the wayside.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison survey
Quote:

A new poll finds Joe Biden stretching his lead over President Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania as late-breaking undecided voters say they intend to back the Democratic presidential nominee.

The latest survey of likely voters in the three former “blue wall” states from the Elections Research Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison finds Biden nearly doubling his lead in each state compared to last month.

Crucially, Biden is above the 50 percent mark in all three states, while Trump remains mired in the low to mid-40s.

In Michigan, Biden leads by 10 points, 52 to 42. Five percent of voters remain undecided. The same poll from September found Biden with a 6-point advantage.

The poll from Wisconsin finds Biden leading 53 to 44, with 3 percent undecided. Biden’s 9-point advantage is up from 4 points in September.

The closest state is Pennsylvania, where Biden leads 52 to 44, with 3 percent undecided
. Biden has grown his lead from 4 points in September to 8 points now.
But let's just all shut our eyes and pretend that we didn't just read that one.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:09 PM

8,954 posts, read 3,003,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. The polls in 2016 weren't bad-they allowed me to predict that Trump would win the electoral before the election, and that he would lose the popular. The problem is that too often people do not understand polls.

And I was not a Trump supporter at all when I predicted his win. Stop thinking polls have no relationship to reality. Start trying to understand what polls mean. People in 2016 failed to do that and started this polls are bad nonsense. People are missing what polls are, or what they mean.
How did you do that when the polls said he would lose the electoral college too?

Old 10-26-2020, 03:09 PM

1,203 posts, read 626,010 times
The one quirk with the Madison poll is that they are using a panel of the same people for each survey. Marquette's final poll should be released soon.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:11 PM

20,184 posts, read 23,948,078 times
It seems to me that the people who want people to not like this poll are Biden supporters... It's just a poll, don't worry about it.... Unless you are worried about it ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies