Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 11:25 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times

Advertisements

Calamities are often unpredictable, so don't expect a rock-solid forecast to come from science. What the data can tell us is the likely climate trend, as well as the historical record of past societies that have been impacted by climate change. What we also know is that it is in the self-interest of carbon-based industries to obfuscate the information and sow confusion over the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 11:26 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The Congress should finally be able to move forward on climate change action in the next session.

The era of denialism is over in America.

Over the past few years the US has decreased emissions by about 17%. When other countries like China and India match that I will agree with you.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:03 PM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times
According to what the scientists claim about the release of spirit, gases and carbon emissions, that it is a great evil that is destroying the planet. When I die and my spirit leaves, and my body decomposes and releases those gases, it would also suggest that they claim that as an evil departure that destroys the planet...Even cow flatulence doesn't escape their judgement, how would I...

...I notice that they assumed on themselves the right to give exemptions in the Paris Climate Accord. Assuming upon themselves the position of gate keepers. Trying to cover their behinds and separate themselves, from what their claims and positions entail.

I have to look past them.

P.S. I know my writings are elementary and difficult for the highly educated to understand.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:52 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Over the past few years the US has decreased emissions by about 17%.
In spite of, not because of the lack of federal response.

There are lot of industries in the US that take it seriously and realize that we have to cut carbon output.

Quote:
When other countries like China and India match that I will agree with you.
And how is disengaging from the international community on this issue like Trump has done going to allow us to press those countries harder for change?

Old 10-27-2020, 04:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Unfortunately, the global warming alarmists want to force more restrictions here in the US, where we already have strict regulations on pollution. But they seem oblivious to places like China, India, Southeast Asia, and Latin America where pollution is rampant and rain forests are being destroyed. They can’t pick on them because that would be xenophobic.
It’s all part of their hate America campaign. America bad, pollutes, must pay price. Meanwhile, advanced and non advanced countries pollute far more than we currently are, and as you said, this is ignored because of fear of being called xenophobic and also their hatred for America.

Old 10-27-2020, 04:27 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
The Congress should finally be able to move forward on climate change action in the next session.

The era of denialism is over in America.
First, it was global cooling, the weather got warmer.
Next, it was global warming, the weather got cooler.
Finally, it is climate change. When weather get warmer, climate change. When weather get cooler, climate change.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:08 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
In spite of, not because of the lack of federal response.

There are lot of industries in the US that take it seriously and realize that we have to cut carbon output.

Mostly the auto industry cutting both emission and gas mileage with mandates from the government which is the long run is good for the environment. Now when you fly into Los Angles you can actually see the ground. But fly into Beijing or New Delhi and you won't see the ground.

The first photo is New Delhi and the second is Beijing. I can vouch for both photos because I have been to both cities and seen first hand.

Quote:
And how is disengaging from the international community on this issue like Trump has done going to allow us to press those countries harder for change?

There were 197 countries to sign the Paris accord....The US was only one of those.

I don't see those other 196 countries pressing anyone to cut emissions. The fact is emission in the majority of those countries are increasing. A lot of hand ringing and bold but empty talk is all I hear.
Like I posted before with evidence the US paid a billion dollars before departing the Paris accord and the majority polluters of the world, China and India paid nothing.

The only reason those 196 countries are whining is because like other organizations they support but don't help pay the bill is the most money comes from the US. NATO or WHO ring a bell.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:44 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
The greatest sin committed towards the earth in the last few decades was the first world letting China industrialize and rise to power.

It's amazingly arrogant and idiotic for Americans to think they can help the earth by punishing America, at this point in the game. The war is across the globe.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:02 PM
bu2 bu2 started this thread

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Mostly the auto industry cutting both emission and gas mileage with mandates from the government which is the long run is good for the environment. Now when you fly into Los Angles you can actually see the ground. But fly into Beijing or New Delhi and you won't see the ground.

The first photo is New Delhi and the second is Beijing. I can vouch for both photos because I have been to both cities and seen first hand.

There were 197 countries to sign the Paris accord....The US was only one of those.

I don't see those other 196 countries pressing anyone to cut emissions. The fact is emission in the majority of those countries are increasing. A lot of hand ringing and bold but empty talk is all I hear.
Like I posted before with evidence the US paid a billion dollars before departing the Paris accord and the majority polluters of the world, China and India paid nothing.

The only reason those 196 countries are whining is because like other organizations they support but don't help pay the bill is the most money comes from the US. NATO or WHO ring a bell.
I was in Bejing for 4 days and my throat was really itchy by the time I got out. And it was only after rain on the 3rd day that I realized Bejing was ringed by mountains. I had no clue. Couldn't see them through the haze.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:48 PM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Calamities are often unpredictable, so don't expect a rock-solid forecast to come from science. What the data can tell us is the likely climate trend, as well as the historical record of past societies that have been impacted by climate change. What we also know is that it is in the self-interest of carbon-based industries to obfuscate the information and sow confusion over the issue.

We also know that those scientist who are pro climate change, can also obfuscate the information and sow confusion over the issue.

Such as the "hockey stick" theory....

Oh, and lets not forget the Kyoto Protocol and how great that worked out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies