Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 03:41 PM

1,930 posts, read 560,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo
That's fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
What I had issue with is (and this is not necessarily directed to you because many here are guilty of it) the constant spreading of misinformation without evidence to back it up. People lap up all the anti-china news (covid, xinjiang) as if it were 100% truth without even questioning the sources and motives behind it. and when I produce counter evidence, they call it out as propaganda and then the usual name calling ensues.

I noticed you left out a portion of my original post which addressed what we were originally debating on, so it appears at least you haven't sunk to those lows.
Ok, let's look at those portions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo
sorry, I meant things that weren't fabricated by US govt/media. surveillance and reeducation camps are real (and seemingly effective I might add - no attacks since 2016). the gross mistreatment of uighurs that you describe are not.
I can provide several links of other than US news agencies addressing gross mistreatment. I assume you can provide reference to substantiate your dissent.
Quote:
again, more US propaganda. there was no cover up.
the whole world watched as china was erecting hospitals and locking down cities. that was no secret.

an outbreak was officially declared on 12/31 and the genome was provided to the world less than a week later - source

the doctor did not disappear - he was reprimanded for breaking protocol, by releasing unconfirmed data via social media. it is not his job to potentially release unsubstantiated information to the public. there are guidelines to follow and he broke protocol.
The doctor released the data to other doctors. He died of the 'unconfirmed' virus. The government was forced to acknowledge the data in lieu of coverup when people began dying.

Chinese Virologist Dr. Li-Meng Yan said COVID-19 was made in a Wuhan Lab.
Admittedly it is controversial the doctor made such claims about the origin of the global pandemic.
She has taken refuge in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies