Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 07:03 AM

1,567 posts, read 906,930 times

Advertisements

Al and Greta trudging through the tundra with flame throwers, melting small patches of ice, “Quick, Attenborough, come get this on film!”

Meanwhile, the ice expands and the polar bears are thriving.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:06 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
carbon credits, social credits, UBI, digital currency...play nice kids or daddy govt is going take your allowance away.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:10 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well, what is the “solution”?

Because no matter how warm or “virus-y” the planet gets it doesn’t change the fact that government has no right to violate the rights of individuals.

I propose letting the free market handle it.
Oh, the free market that relies on taxpayer's to bail them out when things get dicey?

Keep on believing fantasy.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:11 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Oh, the free market that relies on taxpayer's to bail them out when things get dicey?

Keep on believing fantasy.
Except that isnt free market. Look it up.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:12 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Propaganda piece.

Did you know there are ocean currents on a 100+ year cycle, and that ocean currents have more to do with climate than human activity?

Smoke and mirrors, my friend. Smoke and mirrors.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:15 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Oh no! Back to global warming hoax AKA attempt to separate first world residents from their dollars and what's left of their control over thier own lives.

I didn't open the article either.

I'm going to keep yelling it to anyone who will listen. Man (and woman) is NOT GOING TO CONTROL NATURE. The temperatures might keep going up, and we are powerless to stop them.
If humans have no control why does the Bible instruct us to be good stewards of the earth?

Do you mean I can trash my community by putting fracking water in the rivers and streams, flare gases? Mother Nature will take care of it.

Does that mean if I have cancer, I should just forget it? You can't fool Mother Nature?

Old 10-30-2020, 07:22 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Had to laugh. Our neighbor works for a natural foods company, is very liberal and is supposedly concerned with global warming. The couple just tore down their small 3 bedroom home and put up one that is more than twice the size. Oh, it also casts a shadow now for a good part of the day, right over the area where I have vegetables growing. So much for 'farm to table'. (Not that a veggie garden is a farm, but you get the point.)

Meantime, my horrible climate-science-denying family is using roughly 2/3 the amount of energy our neighbors do, and almost 1/2 the amount of water. My kid did the Sustainability merit badge for scouts and had to explain to his counselor why he wasn't able to reduce water usage, only maintain it. (This was early days of the pandemic, too, when all five of us were at home, rather than out at school and work.) Let the Al Gores of the world show us they're serious. Otherwise it's all hot air. Pun intended.
Right here.

It's reduce, then re-use, then recycle. Reduce your own personal consumption first. Live in a small house, use less resources for electricity & natural gas.

When the elites do the same, then get back to me. Until then, shut it.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:23 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
If humans have no control why does the Bible instruct us to be good stewards of the earth?

Do you mean I can trash my community by putting fracking water in the rivers and streams, flare gases? Mother Nature will take care of it.

Does that mean if I have cancer, I should just forget it? You can't fool Mother Nature?
What does fracking have to do with global warming? Nothing.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:23 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
So what is the fix?

Electric cars powered by electricity made from burning coal?

Solar panels and wind turbines manufactured by machines run by petroleum?

Not to mention that the old panels and turbines are a blight on the environment when their life cycle is over.

When you add up all of this nonsense, green energy is not yet a net positive for carbon emissions and we haven’t even gotten to the real root of the problem, which is China and India.

So I get it, it’s slowly getting hotter. But what I haven’t yet seen is any viable way ahead that actually works. The Paris climate accord is a damn joke. The only thing that will do is put artificial limits on the US economy. It won’t make much difference at all.

But I’ll make a deal with you. When the elites have equaled my carbon foot print, then we can all reduce. Of course, they’d have to get rid of all their mansions, private jets, multiple vehicles, etc., you get the point.
If it's not a scam.....why are they not blaming the countries that are doing it?........China and the developing world

After the UN/IPCC was formed....to lower CO2 emissions....China increased their CO2 emissions 5 times more....with the blessings of the UN/IPCC

CO2 emissions by country > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png

Sorry, you can't say something is destroying the planet....and then say certain countries can increase it....for any reason.....and not make it obvious it's a scam

Old 10-30-2020, 07:25 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:

I actually agree that we need to take care of what God has given us, placing our trash where it belongs, not dumping waste into our water and streams etc.. I just think some of the cures is worse, like a poster who mentions how petroleum is used for the windmills, or the source used to make charge electric cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies