Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 07:34 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times

Advertisements

Let us be clear: the US Constitution states that the Electoral College casts the deciding votes for the President.

There used to be a theory (which I held) that the electors may vote for anyone they desired (hence the reason for the Framers to insert the Electoral College crap).

This past summer, in July, the US Supreme Court confirmed that States may, by law, not only mandate how their electors vote (i.e., in accordance with the popular vote of each state), but may punish any elector that attempts to vote otherwise.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...9-465_i425.pdf

The beginning of the decision:

"Every four years, millions of Americans cast a ballot for a presidential candidate. Their votes, though, actually gotoward selecting members of the Electoral College, whom each State appoints based on the popular returns. Those few “electors” then choose the President.

The States have devised mechanisms to ensure that the electors they appoint vote for the presidential candidate their citizens have preferred. With two partial exceptions, every State appoints a slate of electors selected by the political party whose candidate has won the State’s popular vote. Most States also compel electors to pledge in advance to support the nominee of that party. This Court upheld such a pledge requirement decades ago, rejecting the argument that the Constitution “demands absolute freedom for the elector to vote his own choice.” Ray v. Blair, 343 U. S. 214, 228 (1952)"

Chiafalo not only confirmed the above, but added that the states may punish those electors that break their pledge.

So, regardless of whom wins this election, let's know have any nonsense about 'faithless electors'.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:36 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,774,194 times
Read the last Twitter post in this Yahoo article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-vote-c...223931950.html

The GOP spokesman for PA Senate Majority Leader Jake Coleman is telling everyone that the state legislature is NOT going to appoint electors to override the public vote. Trump is leading right now but if Biden were to overtake him (which looks increasingly likely) then those 20 electoral votes are his to keep fair and square. Hopefully other state legislatures follow suit and put a quick end to this nonsensical madness.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:36 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
I will add that no court, in my opinion, will sanction a state legislature to suddenly amend their laws to favor a presidential candidate. That may be considered 'extreme' by some posters, but it makes sense. A state legislature must not change its laws simply to favor a particular Presidential candidate.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:38 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
The O.P. makes it sound like all Democrats aren't even legit Americans anymore and should be stripped of their political powers and maybe even their citizenship and then sent to waste away in concentration camps. My oh my.

Anyways, even if the Constitution says state legislatures can take control of the election, does it necessarily mean they will? For doing so goes against the very foundation of our democratic governance i.e. government by the people, for the people, with the people. I sincerely doubt every Republican legislator is that willing to support such an extreme idea, maybe a selfish opportunistic few who put themselves over allegiance to our flag and the Republic, but not everyone. Doing so would be highly un-American and sure to hasten our country into true right-wing dictatorship.

Well...………………….. when one party opposes the basic element of stability for our republic (fair elections), then I would agree...………………………… these democrats are not citizens, but enemies of the state.

Who else but enemies of the nation would attempt a coup, subverting the will of the people who cast legitimate votes, and install their own candidate?

The democrats commit crime after crime and somehow expect the rest of the nation just to shut up and take it.

Killing Seth Rich
Looking to stack the Supreme Court
Attempting to discard the electoral college
Adding new democrat states to permanently control the Senate
Massive voter fraud- even democrat poll workers have stated in public that fraud has happened
Banning republican poll observers
CO2 global warming schemes designed to enrich politicians
Selling the nation out to the Chinese for political favors (See the Clintons and Biden)
Attempts to ban legally owned firearms
Driving thousands of businesses to bankruptcy with crazy Covid laws
Allowing BLM and ANTIFA criminals to loot, rob, and murder in US cities without consequence
Open borders to flood the US with cheap labor and "new" democrat voters
Sanctuary cities to protect criminals who harm US citizens
Concocting fake "Russian conspiracies" in a coup attempt against Trump

It appears as though democrats no longer share the same values or respect for the rule of law as the balance of US citizens and are more akin to an enemy within, not a fellow countryman. It is like having "fifth columnist" sabatours within our own borders.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:45 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Claim: Rumors began to spread on social media Wednesday that voters in Arizona who used Sharpie pens on their ballots wouldn't have their votes counted. That confusion prompted state officials, election monitors and a top Trump administration official to push back on "#SharpieGate" rumors.

Result: Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich said Thursday the use of Sharpie pens on election ballots "did not result in disenfranchisement."

"Based on correspondence and conversations with Maricopa County officials, we are now confident that the use of Sharpie markers did not result in disenfranchisement for Arizona voters. We appreciate the county’s prompt insight and assurances to address public concerns," Brnovich tweeted.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:45 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Default Project Veritas does it again: Video of postal worker with supe telling him to backdate today's ballots to Election Day

Project Veritas does it again: Video of postal worker describing supervisor telling him to backdate today's (Nov. 4) ballots to Election Day

Liberals apparently just can't help themselves. They can't have an election without cheating.

Could this be because they can't WIN an election without cheating?

---------------------------------

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...-ballot-fraud/

BREAKING
The Post Millennial
November 5, 2020 5:07 AM

Project Veritas has released an interview with a US Postal Service worker who says he came forward as a whistleblower to allege mail fraud in Traverse City, Michigan.

Project Veritas said that "Michigan law establishes that the vote casting deadline was last night [Nov. 3], it is completely illegal for a USPS supervisor to instruct today's mail-in votes to be counted."

The interview shows James O'Keefe speaking to the anonymous worker. The worker reveals that his supervisor instructed him to intentionally back-date mail-in-ballots as received on November 3. This way, the alleged ballots would be accepted and not tossed out for being mailed too late.

"We were issued a directive this morning to collect any ballots we find in mailboxes, collection boxes, just outgoing mail in general, separate them at the end of the day so that they could hand stamp them with the previous day's date," the whistleblower stated. "Today is November 4 for clarification."

The supervisor is named Johnathan Clarke, and is directly called by O'Keefe following the interview. He then promptly hung up on the Project Veritas journalist.

In a later update, O'Keefe said he has been contacted by a Special Agent within the Office of Inspector General for the USPS. A full investigation is now underway.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:47 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Perception is often reality. If 60 million people perceive that this election was rigged, you can bet the ranch it happened. It's either that or you have a lot of very stupid very incompetent people doing the counting.

Should Creepy Uncle Joe win, I hope the liberals enjoy their four years of half the country calling them cheaters and frauds. I hope you like the way that feels and that millions of people don't trust you or respect you. Sound familiar? Get used to it and get used to defending the clown show.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:51 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times
Democrats, if Biden was protesting like Trump is doing, would you support him? Please be honest.

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
What concerns me is the fact that bipartisan poll watchers were refused access and/or kicked out of polling sites solely in heavily democratic counties in swing states. Why? There’s video of it happening therefore it can’t be denied.

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Perception is often reality. If 60 million people perceive that this election was rigged, you can bet the ranch it happened. It's either that or you have a lot of very stupid very incompetent people doing the counting.

Should Creepy Uncle Joe win, I hope the liberals enjoy their four years of half the country calling them cheaters and frauds. I hope you like the way that feels and that millions of people don't trust you or respect you. Sound familiar? Get used to it and get used to defending the clown show.
Most Republicans aren't like the idiots on this forum. Only the nutcases would believe there's massive fraud in a half dozen states.

My 401K is doing great!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies