Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 10:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Care to dispute my logic?

PA is a more blue leaning state than GA.

If GA goes blue in an election you would expect more blue leaning states to also.
Why?

I wouldn't.

I do expect both to eventually go blue, but that's due to the numbers I see, not my assumptions about what PA and GA voters think/feel. Seems to me they're pretty different states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 10:56 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Most important thing to note: PA officials obviously knew this case was coming back up to the US supreme court. All ballots received after election day were isolated away from the rest of the ballots. Trump lost with the rest of the votes those not included.

It's a moot point in this election. However, it still could set a precedent if the Supreme court does decide to take the case and vote to retroactively invalid ballots that were cast legally according to the rules at the time. Trump thinks ACB is going to bail him out. She can't. I highly doubt the court will want to rule out at all in the first place. At the very least Barrett should recuse herself due to the personal nature of her nomination and the election of the president.
There is no need for ACB to recuse herself. Plus, with her representing herself as a strict constitutionalist, won’t rule based upon feelings or beliefs. Should it actually reach the US SC she would rule based upon precedent.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:33 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Georgia? that bastion of Democrats? looool

What a corrupt election this has been, I can't believe they still have the power to do this
Your comment is ignorant.

GA came within 1 point of going blue for gov in 2018 and tons more people have moved to Atlanta since then.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why?

I wouldn't.

I do expect both to eventually go blue, but that's due to the numbers I see, not my assumptions about what PA and GA voters think/feel. Seems to me they're pretty different states.
There was a general shift to Ds of about 5-7 points in almost all states compared to 2016.

Trump barely won PA last time.

It's ridiculous to think that kind of a national shift in the electoral environment toward Ds wouldn't flip PA back considering the result last time, and considering that it is a state that has gone blue in recent presidential elections most years except for last time.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:51 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
GA is a 100% Republican controlled state. If there was fraud our Trump loving gov would be all over it.
Not according to Trump, he called them Democrat ran last night.

Trumps lost his mind.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:52 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
Sorry bro but you're completely delusional with this.

Trump lost, and it would be easier for you the sooner you realize Trump has been constantly lying to you and continues to do so.

You don't get to invalidate the votes of my people in Atlanta just because we voted D.
Not only delusional...

Ditto here in Pennsylvania. We could have been done with counting already had the Republican-led legislature given the go-ahead to start counting ballots earlier. Also, had Trump not so strongly encouraged his supporters to eschew mail-in ballots in favor of in-person voting there would have been more mail-in ballots with boxes checked in his favor. When Rick Santorum (ew) even says the very same thing that I just wrote and have had to explain repeatedly to those who either live out-of-state and/or are ignorant when it comes to how our state government works, a certain saying about broken clocks comes to mind...

Trump knew that this election was going to be a close one hence the concerted efforts that began months ago to plant the seeds of doubt in the electoral process. Keeping his mouth shut and his hands away from the Twitter feed would have gone a long way towards securing his reelection, but he seems to be incapable of wisely refraining from either when appropriate.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:54 AM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Nonsense. Just because you tell a lie a lot doesn't mean its true.

Lots of states moved several points red. Biden lost 11 points in New York!!! He won by 12 points instead of 23. Florida shifted from a 1.2 point win to 3.3. The % difference in popular vote is about the same as last time with both parties picking up a couple points from 3rd parties.
Clinton was a senator in NY and lived in Manhattan. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Votes are also still being counted.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Nonsense. Just because you tell a lie a lot doesn't mean its true.

Lots of states moved several points red. Biden lost 11 points in New York!!! He won by 12 points instead of 23. Florida shifted from a 1.2 point win to 3.3. The % difference in popular vote is about the same as last time with both parties picking up a couple points from 3rd parties.
NY and CA are not even close to finished with counting. Too early to say what the margin will be there.

And no the percent in the popular vote will not be the same as last time.

Biden will win by 4 to 5 points.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:58 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
We need to go back to only tax payers voting and in person with a real id voting. People too stupid to get an id have no business voting and people who don't pay don't deserve a say

Old 11-06-2020, 12:00 PM

198 posts, read 80,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
We need to go back to only tax payers voting and in person with a real id voting. People too stupid to get an id have no business voting and people who don't pay don't deserve a say
So ignore the constitution? So much for law and order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies