Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 07:35 AM

21,947 posts, read 9,517,840 times

Advertisements

And want the investigation to play out so we can ensure it was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 07:41 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,248,643 times
I am not a democrat but heres my take on it and a prediction.

Prediction first, they will recount and investigate the fraud as best they can in the limited time they have and determine that while there are some instances of fraud its not enough to actually impact the election.

There is zero reason to not investigate. Im not sure how I feel about there being fraud or not but I know one thing, why is ensuring the validity and faith in our elections not paramount? If its all on the up and up, why not do the investigation so that all the american people can feel like they are being represented in our government.

They investigated Russian interference in the election for 3 years and million and millions of dollars to come up with yes there is some interference but not significant enough to affect the election. Why are republican concerns not being taken as seriously. And if there are democrats behind some fraud they should be found out.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:43 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The Election was honest. International Observers approved of the election.

https://www.osce.org/files/f/documents/9/6/469437.pdf

We are good to go.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:43 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
I did not vote for Trump.
He absolutely has a right to make sure this election was fair & honest.

I do not believe he is calling for investigations because he cares a bit about honestly or fairness in our election process.
He is doing it because he is not used to losing & he is having a manchild temper tantrum.

That being said when it's over will he be a bigger person and concede with dignity? That remains to be seen but, his history shows that won't happen.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
It is being played out. It's fun to be watching the scrambling, wild accusations, etc........

Old 11-09-2020, 07:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
If the fraud is so obvious and widespread this should be a quick investigation right?

Old 11-09-2020, 07:46 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
The Republican head of elections in Pennsylvania said on 60 minutes last night that there is nothing out of the ordinary with this election.

The only thing different this time is the right has been overrun with crackpot conspiracy theorists, enabled by a narcissistic con man they elected President. A man who said "I can't lose unless they cheat."

Old 11-09-2020, 07:46 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Yes. I want any and all legitimate fraud claims to be investigated. I want any mandated recounts to take place. I’d actually love for every state Trump lost to be recounted (at the cost of his campaign and not the taxpayers in the state).

Sadly, even if this happens and no fraud is found or the level of votes discarded won’t change the election, Trump and his supporters will not accept it. We’d just move to “there was fraud in the process of determining fraud and Trump was robbed” stage of their denial.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:48 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
I have yet to see any hard evidence presented that it has been anything but honest, Fearless Leader and the rest of the faithful an make hyperbole statements all they want but they're not evidence. I have yet to hear any GOP representative involved with their states election process state there is a problem.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:48 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Do ANY Biden voters care if the election was honest?

Do any Trump voters believe in innocence until proven otherwise?

Trump did after all proclaim the election would be a hoax IF he lost long before Nov 3 while supplying nothing factual supporting that utter nonsense and his followers seem to enjoy his continual lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies