Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 08:17 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
If Trump hadn’t lied 10,000 times in the past 4 years, I would be much more likely to believe him.

The dude cried “fraud” when Ted Cruz beat him in the Iowa primary in 2016. Check out his twitter feed.

Until I hear the word “fraud” from someone not affiliated with Trump or the RNC, I give the claim the same credence that I give a child with a great imagination telling me that they saw a flying saucer.
I'm not affiliated with Trump or the RNC or any political party, and I very much question everything that is going down here.

Are you sure Trump lied 10,000 times in the past 4 years. Did you personally listen to every word he spoke within the context it was spoken. I find your exact number to be strange, are you sure it wasn't 10,003.

Maybe you should apply the same standard you use for Trump, to Biden.

I don't condone lying by either candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Need to point out that you may be talking about 2 different accusations/issues.

The Russian government was investigated and found to be heavily involved in trying to influence the election in 2016 (mainly via social media tweets/facebook posts, etc.). There is no question about that and there was some evidence as reported by the Intelligence community they were doing the same again THIS year.

BUT there was also an accusation and investigation into whether or not the Trump campaign ACTIVELY engaged with Russia to bring down Clinton.

For me, I was never sold on the latter issue. I really didn't think Trump & gang were that clever and you know what....they were investigated and while it seems there may have been some odd interactions - nothing criminal.

BUT with the first -- it is overwhelmingly agreed that Russia did try to influence the election.

It seems that some Trump fans lump the two accusations/issues and they aren't the same.
This is all very true. And there were definitely some "odd interactions" as you say and out of those odd interactions they were not reported to the intelligence agencies as they were supposed to be and the campaign also seem to embrace the help. None of that criminal but all extremely, extremely un-American.

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
What I am seeing is that when people question the results of this strange election. The response from many seems to imply insanity, and calling people fools rather than seeking light.
I have been asking for actual evidence, and so far I haven't seen any.

If Trumps team has evidence of fraud they have legal routes to deal with that evidence, so far they have had their cases dismissed for lack of evidence.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Presumably if Democrats were rigging an election you'd expect them to win more seats in both houses as well, right? And about bellyaching about state laws in regards to late ballots/when mail in ballots are counted etc... I thought Republicans were all about state law?
Not necessarily. Not everyone is tribal about their voting.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:18 AM

144 posts, read 46,537 times
My family experienced voter fraud personally. Two family members who live in Pennsylvania were in their Arizona home and did not go back to Pennsylvania because of the coronavirus. They both requested early for a mail-in ballot from Pennsylvania. They waited and did not receive it so they called to request again for a mail-in ballot. They waited and received one ballot. His wife never received a ballot even after two requests. Because the one ballot came and they wanted to ensure it was recorded they sent it in plenty of time but also sent it express mail. He later went to see if his vote was recorded in the Pennsylvania roles. It was not recorded. Two Trump supporters did not get to vote for Trump. How many more requested ballots were either intercepted or stolen or were not sent to begin with. This is a sign of voter fraud.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:19 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe these fake ballots only checked the box for president?
I mean, that would be a real easy investigation if that were the case wouldn't it?

As it is, I think 45 is going to disgrace himself for a few weeks yet. I wonder if his adoring fans would see him being dragged out of the White House as an act of heroic defiance or an act of incredible immaturity?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:21 AM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just as I received many campaign flyer claiming Biden said he was going to raise taxes that conveniently cut off the words that followed: for those making over $400,000/year.
Heh. I drove by a - I guess "compound" describes it - way out in the CA desert, around Twentynine Palms. 4 dilapidated RVs, some torn tarps rigged up on sun-bleached 2x4s, 3 rusty frontloaders in different stages of rust and disassembly, a fence of old pallets marking a perimeter, dented pick-up trucks, tattered US and POW-MIA flags from a waterpipe flagpole.

And out front, a 20-foot container with a giant, shiny, carefully done pro-Trump mural. Clearly homemade, not without talent either. More effort and money had gone into that into anything else.

And I couldn't help thinking that yeah, I can see why you're worried about higher taxes on those making over 400K.

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
That’s good to hear. But then there are people like the woman I saw interviewed on Saturday after Biden was announced as winner. She was screaming about fraud and when the reporter asked her why she said “Because everyone I know voted for Trump so it’s not possible Biden won except by cheating”. That’s the level of logic some people have and will cling to regardless of what investigations find.
I saw one that said that there was fraud because the state was counting votes after the polls closed. What did she think happened? That is how it works every single election, polls close then counting starts. We have never had official state totals on the night of the election.

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
My family experienced voter fraud personally. Two family members who live in Pennsylvania were in their Arizona home and did not go back to Pennsylvania because of the coronavirus. They both requested early for a mail-in ballot from Pennsylvania. They waited and did not receive it so they called to request again for a mail-in ballot. They waited and received one ballot. His wife never received a ballot even after two requests. Because the one ballot came and they wanted to ensure it was recorded they sent it in plenty of time but also sent it express mail. He later went to see if his vote was recorded in the Pennsylvania roles. It was not recorded. Two Trump supporters did not get to vote for Trump. How many more requested ballots were either intercepted or stolen or were not sent to begin with. This is a sign of voter fraud.
Unless you survey Democrat votes in Arizona who requested ballots to see if any of them did not receive their ballot -- your story is anecdotal at best.

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not necessarily. Not everyone is tribal about their voting.
That is true to a certain extent, however, looking around these days I think it's getting more tribal as opposed to less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies