Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 11:54 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Seriously? Lol the chaos caused by trying to destroy democracy by trying to invalidate votes and annoint himself the emporer. He is not providing s peaceful transition of power. Are you aware that by doing this he is creating a national security threat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not conceding the election, insisting they go ahead with the Feb budget, not releasing transition funds, firings...

These things are law.
He has every right to question the ballots. That does not classify as "chaos."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 03:59 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Because that’s what presidents do?
I used to work as field training officer for a law enforcement agency.

Are you ok if a police academy recruit/trainee pulling you over for traffic enforcement stop.....if he/she is not sworn in and certified to be a cop?

Old 11-11-2020, 05:50 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
"If you are a foreigner, why are you even commenting on this topic? It's none of your affair" Don't play the victim here. Questioning the validity of someone commenting, is what? Encouraging them to engage more?
Questioning why someone is talking about something that is none of their affair, isn't the same as telling them, "you can't post". That should be fairly obvious. This idea that you can change the common understanding and usage of words to make them mean something else is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Then your responses to me, pretty much show that was your intent. "I've never commented on a Chinese, Russian or North Korean website about internal affairs in China, Russia and North Korea. You want to talk about U.S. affairs on a Canadian site, knock yourself out. The 20 people who show up could have a ripping good time."
What it shows is I don't comment on things that are none of my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You are apparently living in a bubble that facts can't penetrate. Joe Biden was the one who proposed using the Logan Act to take down Flynn, according to Strzok's handwritten notes of a 1/4/17 meeting in the Oval Office with Obama, Comey, and Yates.
Stop using facts. It is very unsettling to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Out of your reach right there. President-Elects, by definition, are guaranteed to be public officials on a certain date.
What is that certain date?

Quote:
Therefore, they are not subject to the Logan Act, but are implicitly treated as government officials.
So then, when Vice President Joe Biden suggested using the Logan Act against General Flynn in a meeting with President Obama, FBI Director Jim Comey, FBI Deputy Assistant Peter Strozk was he out of bounds?

Quote:
BTW, drop the fantasy of Biden going to lose the election. The machines are OK, and even Georgia's Secretary of State, a Republican, rebuked Loeffler and Perdue by saying to the effect "The people of Georgia will be the ones to fire me, not candidates for office".
I think it unlikely that Biden will not win, but at least I'll wait until the states, and if necessary, courts, say he has won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I remember when Trump was caught talking to Russians before he won the last election. It was perfectly fine and normal to the Fox News crowd.
I thought is was normal and then the Left (you know the MSNBC, CNN, HLN, PBS, NY Times, WaPo, HuffPo, ABC, NBC, CBS etc crowd) went nuts and started investigating/prosecuting people for perfectly legal acts.

Flynn's talks with Sergey Kislyak were in late December 2016, well after the election and less than a month before Trump took office.

Quote:
Any chance you will provide any facts to your post of opinion?
Well the main law is the Logan Act and the attending statues, then there is The Presidential Transition Act of 1963 ( Pub.L. 88–277). I don't know if the GSA has yet to declare a winner and release funds for the transition.

Quote:
Not conceding the election, insisting they go ahead with the Feb budget, not releasing transition funds, firings... These things are law.
Now I will ask you, what law is there on conceding an election? The GSA shouldn't release funds until it is certain what the outcome is. Can you tell me which law compels the GSA to declare a winner and in what time frame? The GSA didn't release funds to the Bush transition team until mid-December in 2000. Prior to the GSA releasing the funds the Bush team set up office space in VA and found donors to pay for it. I am sure the Biden team, that spent almost $1 billion in the campaign can find a measly $7 million for transition planning.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:36 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
FAKE NEWS !!!

what is it?
Huh?

Old 11-11-2020, 08:38 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
bidet is playing pretend president, thats why.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:43 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Won't they be surprised when they find out he is in the early stage of dementia.
There is no evidence of this at all. DJT created this idea, when he himself seems to be somewhat impaired. Many of the accusations made by DJT seem like projections. One other example of seeming projection is his accusations of corruption. So funny when he himself is a perfect example of corruption.

Both Biden and DJT are old men, and both seem to be in decent health, although Biden appears to be in better shape. What you hope for in old guys is wisdom and good instincts. You aren’t going to get JFK’s “vigor.” But honestly, we don’t see either wisdom or good instincts in DJT. He is reactionary, not proactive. And the things he does start, he cannot finish. And he never, ever appeals to our better natures. He appeals to our fears, mostly.

Cohen predicts that he’ll hole up in Mar a Lago this winter and never appear in D.C. again.

Face it. DJT is a sore loser.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:11 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
bidet is playing pretend president, thats why.
Unlike the current resident of the White House?

Old 11-11-2020, 10:15 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Doesn't he have to speak to them when they recognize him as the next duly elected president and call him to offer their congratulations?

Old 11-11-2020, 08:26 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Out of your reach right there. President-Elects, by definition, are guaranteed to be public officials on a certain date. Therefore, they are not subject to the Logan Act, but are implicitly treated as government officials.
What planet are you on? Joe Biden himself invoked the Logan Act against the *last* President elect's incoming administration.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:28 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
There is no evidence of this at all. DJT created this idea, when he himself seems to be somewhat impaired. Many of the accusations made by DJT seem like projections. One other example of seeming projection is his accusations of corruption. So funny when he himself is a perfect example of corruption.

Both Biden and DJT are old men, and both seem to be in decent health, although Biden appears to be in better shape. What you hope for in old guys is wisdom and good instincts. You aren’t going to get JFK’s “vigor.” But honestly, we don’t see either wisdom or good instincts in DJT. He is reactionary, not proactive. And the things he does start, he cannot finish. And he never, ever appeals to our better natures. He appeals to our fears, mostly.

Cohen predicts that he’ll hole up in Mar a Lago this winter and never appear in D.C. again.

Face it. DJT is a sore loser.
You're in denial. Biden is not all there. He likely will be inaugurated in January, but he won't be there long until they have to oust him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies