Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 06:50 AM

78,649 posts, read 60,852,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. Completely truthful, and it’s causing a lot of butthurt around here.
Anecdotal stories about people are usually completely truthful.

It's how commonly it really happens and other factors (like mental health) that aren't mentioned (an omission of fact isn't a lie after all ) that make it shady.

But hey, did you see they caught the guy that punched Rick Morannis and that he did it frequently around NY.
Now sure, he has mental illness but we won't mention that shhhh....but anecdotally imagine the threads some of our resident stormfronters could create about this horrible trend of unprovoked racial attacks on white men? Probably can find another guy or two...a whopping couple of crazy dudes in a country of 330 million and voila.

Certainly would be completely truthful. Sure would cause a lot of butthurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2020, 06:53 AM

78,649 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
And now their leader is whinnying and crying
The accidental mispelling (or autocorrect etc) of whining made me chuckle.

Whoa there Trump...here are your oats, now stop doing that.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:53 AM

1,724 posts, read 815,895 times
Wouldn't this be common at all/many hospitals? There should be thousands of others seeing and reporting the same thing.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:40 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,535,705 times
Seems her colleagues don't believe her and have had no experience of this happening.

Well who would have thought?..... Why don't journalists journalism anymore. This women is another leftwing Trump/GOP hater based on her twitter history. Yet the mainstream media lap this stuff up without question.

https://www.wired.com/story/are-covi...l-as-they-die/

Doering’s statement that she’s watched “so many” people die from the disease even as they deny its very existence, endlessly repeated on social media and presented by news outlets without corroboration, would seem to represent a broader phenomenon.

But other nurses who work in similar settings say they’ve seen nothing of the kind.

I called a number of hospitals in the same part of South Dakota to ask emergency room nurses if they’d noticed the same, disturbing phenomenon. At Avera Weskota Memorial Hospital, about 20 minutes from Doering’s hometown of Woonsocket, an ER nurse told me, “I have not had that experience here.” At my request, Kim Rieger, the VP for communications and marketing at Huron Regional Medical Center, one of the four medical facilities where Doering works, spoke with several nurses at Huron to get their reactions to the CNN interview. None said they’d interacted with Covid patients who denied having the disease. “Most patients are grateful, and thankful for our help,” one told her. “I have not experienced this, nor have I been told of this experience, ever,” another said.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...arent-so-sure/
Kim Rieger, a spokeswoman for the Huron Regional Medical Center, one of the hospitals where Doering works, said that after Doering’s claims went viral she did an informal poll of about a half dozen other nurses who work at the hospital to see if they had similar experiences.

“No one else has gotten that statement back from a patient, specifically,” Rieger said about COVID denial. “Nor have they heard of that happening here. Not to call her a liar, because she provides care here as well as other hospitals, so it could have happened at another hospital.”

Rieger said that after reading Doering’s tweets, she felt horrible.

“I read these tweets, and, I think she was at her end,” Rieger said. “It might have been a better conversation for her girlfriends than Twitter.”

Old 11-23-2020, 10:32 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,456,463 times
I had someone in person argue with me, downplaying the severity of the virus, and by the end he was literally screaming "It's just a virus! Like any other virus!" ... As if HIV or smallpox are fine and dandy because they're "just a virus".

It never fails that when a crisis hits, every American is suddenly an expert on the topic, even when they flunked the subject in school.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:33 PM

21,213 posts, read 19,828,298 times
Shame on these people for not locking themselves in their basements for the past 10 months.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:03 AM

8,172 posts, read 3,719,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My post solely tried to help people better understand how misleading population density can be and how people were not getting it.

I didn't say anything about the states handling of the situation.

I realize there are nursing homes everywhere, I think everybody does, but thanks for letting us all know.

I was explaining the vectors in those states, not saying it was due to them having a high percentage of multi-generational households. If I were to make such a claim I would typically back it up with stats.

Lastly, I completely disagree with you that COVID isn't real and if it was originated on Mars. (Oh wait, you didn't make those claims....oh well, this is apparently an exchange where we get to imagine things that were said and then respond to them.)
Well, look you can dance around this as much as you want. Bottom line: both ND and SD have much higher death rate than ... Italy. Oldest population in Europe, huge percentage of multigenerational households, much less resources per capita, etc. So, gross incompetence, combined with idiotic behavior quickly defeated all the inherent advantages. But, yes, they are still doing better than NYC...

Old 11-24-2020, 03:51 AM

7,510 posts, read 7,236,975 times
They don’t?

80 million voters are ready to help pack his bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAcwYAagm0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Most Trump voters don't listen to Trump. Why would you imagine something so stupid? Speaking of stupid, tens of thousands of documented lies? Get a grip.

Old 11-24-2020, 05:33 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don’t even believe that Trump got his ass handed to him on Election Day.

So really...YOU lamenting on credulity or lack thereof rings just a tiny bit hollow. Go buy some credibility and get back to me.

Perfect answer!!
Where did I say that I didn't believe he lost?

Old 11-24-2020, 05:55 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Seems her colleagues don't believe her and have had no experience of this happening.

Well who would have thought?..... Why don't journalists journalism anymore. This women is another leftwing Trump/GOP hater based on her twitter history. Yet the mainstream media lap this stuff up without question.

https://www.wired.com/story/are-covi...l-as-they-die/
Of course it's a lie and the d-bags slurp it up like a thirsty puppy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies