Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 09:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why can't they email it?
My guess is, it's two fold.

They want your phone number.

AND, they want your phone number to determine that you really are a person with one unique account. I don't know the sign in process, but if they send you a verification code you have to get off your phone to create an account, you'll have a much harder time trying to create multiple accounts on Parler.

If they only ask for an email address, you could open hundreds of accounts.

Sounds to me they mean what they say on their home page - they want real people, not bots, not fake accuonts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 09:36 AM

2,792 posts, read 1,648,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So people are supposed to stay on FaceBook and Twitter, to have their opinions and even hard news censored??? Facebook and Twitter are turning into left-wing thought police sites, where only their warped version of reality is allowed to be voiced.

Yep, you don't hear them complaining about this.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,313,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I've only ever heard of Parlor here. Don't plan on joining.

But CNN can take a hike.

Coming off like they are surprised and aghast.

This One sided argument is what turns me off . Like the Left can do no wrong. It's always on the other side to 'get better'.

I'd expect that from a normal poster,..but a "news Network" ??
Exactly. I learned decades ago that with the left, it is their way of the highway. There are no "mavericks" on the left the way they always used to say John McCain was a "maverick" of the republican party.
Guess why.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,446,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Does Twitter ban all opposing viewpoints or do they ban unsubstantiated/false news from account holders that have a huge platform contained within the Twitter platform? There's a difference.

Someone upthread already mentioned that The Lincoln Project was blocked for running something unverified/incorrect. That's not an opposing view--that's false information.

Someone also upthread just mentioned that people would not have voted for Joe Biden if they knew all about Hunter Biden. Again, I'm not sure that I personally want to see an unsubstantiated claim about a person being broadcast on the news. When it's proven and verified that it's not a "deep fake", then sure, let it fly. But people only really latch onto the first thing broadcast, true or not, and I do think the media outlets and the purveyors of information need to be careful not to let their platforms be overtaken but unsubstantiated claims and conspiracies. I'm not saying that this information shouldn't be verified--it most certainly should--but it's really wrong to put some of these things out there until we know the truth. The damage is done when it's found later to not be true. No one cares about the correction.
Who decides what is "correct"? Any censorship is bad unless they are encouraging violence. People are smart enough to filter through what they want. Of course, we know liberals don't trust the public and think they need to be told what to think.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:41 AM

6,756 posts, read 3,379,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
More victim narrative from the snowflake party.

Toughen up right wingers. No one cares what social media you use.
True, the snowflakes on the left have been playing the victim card for years. They are now the victims because real Americans want their rights to freedom of speech & expression, something the liberals cannot tolerate if it goes against their far-left agenda.

As for not caring what social media people use, obviously you do and it infuriates you because you can't control it. If you didn't care you wouldn't make such a stink about it.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:43 AM

10,134 posts, read 7,805,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Senate democrats are live right now scolding Zuckerberg and Dorsey for not censoring conservatives enough. Not Antifa or BLM, just conservatives.

If they keep this up there will only be echo chambers, full division.
I was watching that not believing what I was hearing. Wow...just wow.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:47 AM

1,744 posts, read 962,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
More victim narrative from the snowflake party.

Toughen up right wingers. No one cares what social media you use.
If no one cares, why are two commentators talking about it on CNN ? It seems that they care.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:47 AM

7,161 posts, read 4,755,432 times
Facebook and Twitter are an echo chamber for the left, and are censoring the right. What is happening with conservative platforms was the next natural step. The left being opposed to it is just another form of their censorship and totalitarian view.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,412,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Facebook and Twitter are an echo chamber for the left, and are censoring the right. What is happening with conservative platforms was the next natural step. The left being opposed to it is just another form of their censorship and totalitarian view.
Demonstrably false.

https://www.facebook.com/conservativestandard

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2536352986459881

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163944980923893/

https://www.facebook.com/search/grou...rump%20project

Old 11-17-2020, 09:53 AM

6,701 posts, read 3,005,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Demonstrably false.

it is false. I have FB friends on both sides, and while the majority are 'normies',...I get some really toxic nasty memes from both ends showing up.

Really mean and childish. It's embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies