Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 05:18 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"Your papers, please."

It was more than a few months. They started on this back before we had our first lock down.

The reason it was able to be done so fast was because all of the red tape was cut so that the wouldn't be bogged down for years in bureaucratic nonsense.

Nonetheless, I'm not taking one. I will not allow them to inject one by force, either. They do not have the right to force a vaccine on anyone.

Amen and amen .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 05:19 AM

1,015 posts, read 787,181 times
Its funny a lot of people won't buy a new electronic for the first few months until the kinks is worked out but is willing to get a vaccine that was rushed out?

My Hospital isn't mandating it they are having us take a survey, if we want the vaccine or not to see how many vaccines they need. When i see more research and how people are feeling after taking the vaccine and covid numbers might consider.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:22 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
i want to see them go up into the mountains and tell those militia and hill people and the amish communities and try and force them to take this vaccination . They will laugh you or shoot you off that mountain and out of that community .

Old 11-21-2020, 05:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
My guess is you wont be able to travel anywhere domestically without showing some kind of proof of vaccine completion.

No I am not taking DNA altering Vaccines. There is ZERO longtitudnal studies done and no one know what the hell these vaccines comprise of. My guess is nothing good since they magically conjured this up in only a few months.

Everyone has a RIGHT to know what the hell they are being injected with if its rushed. Yet, its never brought up
All of this "you can't, as a citizen of the United States, freely travel to a state in the United States, unless you show proof of <fill in the blank: vaccination, proof of a negative test, etc>" is going to end up in the Supreme Court. They'll decide, rightly, that this sort of mandate is a violation of our rights. Our rights to move about freely, our rights to be considered innocent until proven guilty, and our rights to our own bodies.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Better dead than vaccinated, eh?
If this were Ebola, you might have an argument. But to say that you will end up dead unless you get the vaccine is a complete lie.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Since young people have a 99.999% chance at survival and very few even get really sick, I fully understand why they would not want to take a vaccine. For them, maybe it makes sense not to take it.

The CDC said that on average, a Covid death patient had 2.6 comorbidities and the average age was 76.9.

So based on this, if you are over 50, or at least over 65, it makes sense to take the vaccine.

The main comorbidities were obesity, diabetes, and respiratory/lung illnesses. If you have any of these, or have other serious illnesses, it makes sense to take the vaccine.
I'm over 50, and if I make it to 65 with the same flu track record as I have had to date, it will still be a no.

I have never had a flu shot.

I have never had the flu.

I have zero underlying health conditions that would put me at risk.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:40 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If this were Ebola, you might have an argument. But to say that you will end up dead unless you get the vaccine is a complete lie.
Read the post I responded to. Think. Understand.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Once the doctors say it is safe, yes, I will voluntarily get the vaccine. OP, you are within your right to get sick as I am in my right not to care about you. My only concern is you passing on sickness to others. WTF is wrong with so many Americans. Remember when America was a country to actually look up to. Now it is a country to pity due to the musings of the so many morons like the OP. here Such a f'n shame...
Remember when Americans had freedoms?

You are making a HUGE assumption that unless someone gets vaccinated, they will get the virus. But your care about your fellow Americans should be towards the business owners, who are losing their livelihoods because of shutdowns for a virus that almost everybody will recover from.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Will you surrender to a forced vaccination?

Silly thought. I have never seen a forced vaccination in my life. It has not been discussed.

One of the reasons a vaccine must go under such rigorous examination is to prove it is safe and effective, so that the maximum number of people possible will voluntarily seek it out.

Enough of this scaremongering and imagineering!

Old 11-21-2020, 10:20 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
If they prove that immunity from having gotten isn't permanent after a year or so, maybe I'd get it. Submit to it by force? Hell, no. Right now they're leaning to immunity being at least a year and may well be permanent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies