Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 12:12 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what would you have done differently, armchair quarterback? Locked up everybody in their homes? That's impossible as there are essential employees. For example, with everybody locked up, who would make sure we have potable water? Who would make sure the electrical grid was functioning? Who would take care of the sick and wounded? Who would put out the fires and maintain law and order? Who would keep the grocery stores and drug stores open?

Have you looked at Biden's plan? It's no different from what Trump did except Biden wants to lock down the entire country. Of course, if he did that, it would make him a dictator as it is up to each state to formulate their own plans. Are you okay with Biden acting like a dictator?
First off, you saying Biden wants to lock the country down is entirely false. It is patently false and Biden cited that just this week. You clearly are not talking in realities. Biden has wanted to use the Defense Production Act (DPA) for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and expanding testing. Trump really didn't utilize the DPA except for the meat plants and threatening GM with it for producing ventilators.

Second off, why do I need to shutdown the country entirely? Why do you and your Republican ilk resort to this straw argument that has been proven to be untrue?

Third off, I've been over what I would do differently than Trump, I have been over it many many times. If you didn't read it before here goes.
  • PPP Loans with no franchisees and no bank favoritism.
  • Continuous monthly stimulus payments until the virus subsided rather than federal unemployment.
  • The federal Covid sick leave is not limited to just 10 days. Had Trump made it 10 days per quarantine period (let's face it, isn't impossible to be quarantined multiple times due to direct exposure or when family gets it or not) and not 10 days in general, I would have been in favor of it.
  • Expanded testing similar to Biden's real plan.
  • Enacting the DPA for PPE for healthcare workers and teachers similar to Biden's real plan.
  • Canceling US based cruises in February when we had several cruises with several outbreaks.
  • Having scrutiny and encouraged quarantining for any incoming international travel in February.
  • Quarantine for traveling over state lines.

Fourth off, most of the points I had with Trump was Trump didn't do enough with Covid. He didn't do enough with PPE. He didn't do enough with the sick leave. He was too late banning European travel, especially English travel. Trump's biggest good job and I'll give him credit for it, was Operation Warpspeed. That said, the vaccines don't mean the virus is done, it is just going into the third period of the hockey game with more momentum after getting our asses kicked in the first and early second periods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I notice that all those who blame Trump for Covid also give a free pass to Cuomo and Diblasio. They give a free pass to the CDC. 7 to 10 billion a year budget and look what we got for it. States had decades to prepare for the expected pandemic. Some how it can only be Trump's fault. Yeah I think his response sucked too. I just dont give a free pass to the other players in the game.
Di Blassio had a number of problems that even "liberals" have taken him to task for. I'm independent and I've not given him carte blanche. One is his continued want to keep schools open. Mind you, this has been issues with major snow storms before too and he's taken flack for that. He only relented in March when faced with a mass sick out while Arizona which did not really have a community spread like NYC had, canceled classes for two weeks.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:58 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because the majority of the early votes for Biden, not Trump. This means they had to have been some fraud because Biden wasn't that popular...
The first sentence makes no sense. Really.

And yes, Biden is that popular. He won the popular vote, and he win the electoral college.

Quote:
Moving on.
Please do. Trump lost. Now what? Let's concentrate on that.

Quote:
Democratic Party weaponized the covid crisis. .
Trump was the one who did that, and now Biden has to fix it - a quarter of a million deaths too late.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

And yes, Biden is that popular. He won the popular vote, and he win the electoral college.

Trump was the one who did that, and now Biden has to fix it - a quarter of a million deaths too late.
It's not just the damage that's been done while he virtually ignored the facts of the evident danger from a worldwide pandemic; it's the damage that's been exacerbated by his polarizing two opposing segments of society to castigate each other in the most disparaging of terms with no thought whatsoever to how that will weaken the country.

What more could a foreign entity built upon a failed philosophical premise hope for?
Two major countries that have embraced a corrupted form of communism, one having already been very visibly displayed an economic disaster and the other allowed to flourish through sheer might of the top heavy autocratic hierarchy holding all power and control over every segment of their economy.

Those two along with a third, religious based, dictatorial regime have already been proven to have "interfered" in past American electoral events, whether through direct involvement of "hacking" or more softly, simply inserting themselves into social network forums such as this one.

Those entities are just salivating at the results they've managed to achieve getting the U.S. divided right down the middle. Two rigid groups reminiscent of the Hatfield and McCoys yelling insults at each other over some ravine, even resorting to firing their muskets at each other if the opportunities arise, and for what reason? Why, they don't remember. It might have been one or the other butchered a pig belonging to one of them that had wandered onto the other's briar patch. Then it escalated because one or the other stole some apples from the other's orchard.

Summation; you're all behaving as predictably as expected by those who've taken the time to study your history.

Decide soon which you desire to be; a unified country once again leading the way forward, or a confused bunch of simpletons all running around drawing little circles in the dirt while impotently daring anyone to step inside the line you've drawn with a broken stick.

The creation of a constitutionally modeled Federal Republic was called the "grand experiment" and while it had a couple of missteps (civil war eg.) it was for the most part, a beacon and a shining example for most of the world's inhabitants.

Experiments usually have a conclusion that shows they were either worthwhile or an abject failure. The more you people invest in nothing better than finding fault with only each other, the happier and more emboldened those real, third party adversaries become'

Smarten up fer chrissakes!

Old 11-22-2020, 10:35 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
The vote count charts do not lie!! there is obvious abnormality in the charts that reveals large-scale fraud...for people with trained eyes in chart reading and pattern recognition, it is a dead give away.
How come none of those "trained eyes" has shown up in court, exactly?

Old 11-22-2020, 10:56 AM

12,477 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Trump and his henchmen first tried to have the vote counting stopped in states where they were ahead and losing ground (but not in other states where they were behind)... since then, they have argued for simply ignoring the People's votes and just picking electors to vote for Trump... and there have been over 30 flaming fraudulent lawsuits filed by Team Trump that have failed spectacularly, yet they keep bringing more fake lawsuits to abuse our court systems.

But you think that all this has actually brought glory onto the Trump gang, and it has caused *Democrats* to lose credibility??? Whoooo! What kind of drugs are you are on?

Old 11-22-2020, 11:10 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
In deed they did, but that isn't the same as voting for Biden because they think Biden is a good choice or because they believe that the Democratic Party has any integrity.
Who said it was the same?

Quote:
They voted against Trump

Exactly what I said.

Quote:
How can anyone claim that the Democratic Party has much credibility after the double standard approach between Kavanaugh and Biden? The double standard approach between Biden and Trump on sexual misconduct allegations, allegations of foreign influence and of course Hunter Biden and what was Joe's part in that mess?
Who said any party has much credibility? The Dems are better than the Republicans in terms of their platform but both sides are problematic.

Quote:
Moving on. Pelosi held up stimulus 2 to deny Trump a pre election win. In short she held the needy hostage.
Uh ok.

Quote:
The Democratic Party weaponized the covid crisis. They weaponized BLM and Antifa by endorsing them over our law enforcement. No people dont have a lot of faith in the Democratic Party. If they did, more Republicans would have been voted out of office and the dems wouldn't have lost those seats.
The COVID crisis is a mess due to the current leadership.

Never saw them endorse those groups over law enforcement.

Who said people have a lot of faith in the Democratic Party? Are you arguing with yourself or something?

Old 11-22-2020, 12:27 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
You sound scared and angry. If what you’re saying is true then certainly your side isn’t afraid of a little investigation, no?
If there’s no election justice then there will be no peace for democrats. 72 million Americans learned from the last four years and they are ready. They will not be treated as strangers in the land they were born and raised.
And that’s exactly how it works.
Nope, that is your projection and you must be angry and scared. Personally, I'm thrilled and relieved that Trump lost and will be out of office very soon

The silliness of Trump and his acolytes will not change this, he's lost over and over and over in court after losing the election by the largest margin by an incumbent president in close to a century. There is zero evidence of election fraud and Trump remains impotent when it comes to his attempt to make voting for Biden illegal. The valid results of a legal election will stand. He can't bully and whine his way into another term

And it will be so enjoyable seeing all the crow eating by Trumpers who are gullible enough to believe his lies and regurgitate them but the outcome will not be changing. Get ready for President Biden on 1/20/21

And any attempt by Trump will be the stealing, the election injustice and trust me, GOPers aren't the only ones who can threaten. There will in fact be revolution and blood in the streets if Trump tries to turn our democracy into an autocracy and try to claim that the legally cast votes of American citizens don't count just because they voted against him.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Really? If Biden had as many early votes as is being reported, of course his votes would start pouring in when the early ballots start to be processed. Arizona didn't have that phenomenon as they processed mail in ballots along with the collected in person ballots.

As for Biden, don't get me wrong I did vote for him as oppose to what I did with my Clinton vote where it was against Trump. That said, I seem to remember seeing more Clinton banners than Biden in my area. Trump banners and bumper stickers never really disappeared. I think more people voted "against Trump" than "for Biden."

Old 11-22-2020, 07:28 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Really? If Biden had as many early votes as is being reported, of course his votes would start pouring in when the early ballots start to be processed. Arizona didn't have that phenomenon as they processed mail in ballots along with the collected in person ballots.

As for Biden, don't get me wrong I did vote for him as oppose to what I did with my Clinton vote where it was against Trump. That said, I seem to remember seeing more Clinton banners than Biden in my area. Trump banners and bumper stickers never really disappeared. I think more people voted "against Trump" than "for Biden."
Not all of the early votes got counted ahead of Election Day because it's a time consuming process. It was not unexpected that the lead could shift based on exactly what votes had been counted and reported at any given time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies