Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 12:10 PM

608 posts, read 516,379 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm hoping the Vaccine will include some peace of mind for people and a chance for a return to some kind of normal life for the Country. Wouldn't that be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 12:10 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wouldnt put ANYTHING past this Govt of ours today!

Also, I doubt the Govt cares if the public finds out somehow...how many would actually believe its true?!! Majority of people would call it a 'crazy conspiracy theory' and blow it off....(that is PRECISELY how 'conspiracy theories' were to be used originally)
I don't get you people, our government is worthless and inept, yet simultaneously capable of some massive global conspiracy without leaving a shred of evidence or people willing to testify...

Old 11-22-2020, 12:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Hey off topic OP, but how is your effort to stop smoking going? Hope you are making it!!!
Still on the Chantix, and this coming Wed is my quit day. Thanks for asking!

Old 11-22-2020, 12:12 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Actually, it would not be difficult to produce a zombie like effect in people, thru an injection...they wouldnt technically be 'dead', but when hordes of them are chasing you, wanting to rip you to pieces, I doubt that is going to matter!

Im thinking more of the '28 Days' type of zombies.
Troll. You have to be being sarcastic.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Funny how no one got poisoned in the smallpox vaccination movement where hundreds of millions of people got it. Now of course nothing can be normal/natural, everything that happens is caused by the "New World Order" that wants to control everyone.
Well, the Govt was not as 'tyrannical' as it is today...in the days of the Smallpox vaccine.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:14 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Actually, it would not be difficult to produce a zombie like effect in people, thru an injection...they wouldnt technically be 'dead', but when hordes of them are chasing you, wanting to rip you to pieces, I doubt that is going to matter!

Im thinking more of the '28 Days' type of zombies.
Another person who should get busy on that screenplay rather than wasting time here.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:14 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Still on the Chantix, and this coming Wed is my quit day. Thanks for asking!
Did you read and research every ingredient and the history of the production and phases of Chantix before you took it? How did you know it wouldn't turn you into a zombie?

Glad you are giving up the cigarettes, since those can actually harm you. According to science, that is. You know, the same science that designed those vaccines.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't get you people, our government is worthless and inept, yet simultaneously capable of some massive global conspiracy without leaving a shred of evidence or people willing to testify...
Look at how long ago JFK was killed...there are STILL classified details, that the FBI and CIA fought to keep classified...doesnt appear that they have been leaked in all that time, especially impressive, considering how many people were involved!!

Old 11-22-2020, 12:17 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti-rushed-to-market-without-proper-testing-vax. There's a reason most vaccines take over a decade to make it to general use.
That's a point.

I'm looking at things more from the perspective of how, without a vaccine, a million people could easily die and a vaccine's our only chance to divide that about in half.

The U.S. has about 328 million citizens, so for the vaccine to be worse than the disease, it would have to actually kill about 1 in every 328 people most likely. Normally with vaccines the side effects are something like a severe allergic reaction per 1 of every million people or so.

It'll be given out to health workers and the more at-risk a few months before everybody else before the general population, so if anything's wrong with it, it'll show through them.

I don't care what any side effects are. I'm taking this because I don't want the disease to spread.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
mRNA technology. You get vaccinated. You get part of the genetic code of the pathogen (inside a fatty molecule). Your body is instructed to start making antibodies in response to it/ the "germ." Those antibodies protect you from the pathogen.

https://theconversation.com/how-mrna...so-cold-150238

Other vaccines vs the mRNA ones. Very user friendly article! Other typical vaccines use part of the pathogen itself, not w/ mRNA vaccines.

https://www.breakthroughs.com/advanc...tional-vaccine

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 11-22-2020 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies