Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 01:39 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
George W gave the mission the green light and American soldiers took bin laden out. It had nothing to do with the do nothing obama. Obama only made a political calculation, nothing more.

Care to support that allegation with facts from credible sources?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 01:47 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
George W gave the mission the green light and American soldiers took bin laden out. It had nothing to do with the do nothing obama. Obama only made a political calculation, nothing more.
Obama had the power to cancel the mission. If it failed, he would take the blame. It was his call.

Remember Operation Eagle Claw? I'm sure Obama was reminded of it.

Old 11-23-2020, 01:57 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Funny how the Dems get blamed on one hand for entering too many wars, and on the other hand for being too cowardly to take military action. Which one is it?

Old 11-23-2020, 02:01 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Wait, wait, wait....W gave the mission the green light during his presidency, which ended in January of 2009. In 2011, when bin Laden was killed, Obama was just riding W’s coattails? That’s a good story!

Old 11-23-2020, 02:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And others on the right tell us we'll soon be in a shooting war with Biden/Harris

Both prognostications made with NO factual support.
well to be fair, prophesying is by definition, guessing. facts are fortold in the future of actual outcomes.

Old 11-23-2020, 02:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Given that our military voted more for Biden then Trump Id say yes. You folks make a mistake in thinking we arent your neighbors. You make up some fantasy among yourselves about who the left are. Its delusional.

Old 11-23-2020, 02:03 PM

17,800 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Care to support that allegation with facts from credible sources?
Well we know it's true because if the mission had failed these right wingers like this here Enraeh would have blamed George W for it's failure rather than Obama. Right???

Old 11-23-2020, 02:04 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Obama --> bin Laden --> done.
Lmao

Old 11-23-2020, 02:05 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Funny how the Dems get blamed on one hand for entering too many wars, and on the other hand for being too cowardly to take military action. Which one is it?
Both they are cowards but love to control

Old 11-23-2020, 02:10 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was adding my 2 cents to a thread here in the POC forum and I remembered the other evening heading home with my wife, we were listening to Toby Keith songs. He had this one song "The angry American" also known as "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" the he released shortly after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Those were terrible times but the people of this country united against a common enemy as a wave of Patriotism swept the country.

It is an awesome song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

If the terrorist attack happened with Trump in charge is there any doubt that he would go after those responsible in a big way?

If the terrorist attack happened with Biden/Harris in charge I have my doubts about what would happen especially with the way the Democrat party has changed.

I think that if the planes hit the trade towers with Biden/Harris in charge they would issue an apology to the terrorist leaders that they were sorry our buildings got in the way of their peaceful hijacking...

Toby Keith's song, like many of his are, is a tribute to Patriotism, to the Glory of America and they inspire good people to MAGA but with Biden/Harris I feel that we have somehow lost Pride for our country.

Does the Left have what it takes if terrorists strike us again?
ive thought about how soulfully and profoundly we were united that period. i cried and wanted to hug everyone, strangers included. flags lined EVERY street, everything was a sea of flags. heros, everyone. people in line to donate blood, fundraising. my god

while it was the worst thing to happen in my life, the aftermath was the most beautiful and moving

and look at us now. with no common enemy, we infight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies