Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 02:21 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times

Advertisements

I'm confused. Trump criticized the Bush and Obama administrations for invading Iraq and Afghanistan. He made a big show out of taking troops out of Syria. But you're concerned that Biden won't be a big enough war-mongerer?

I just read another thread that said "wars will be escalated under Biden". The OP worried about Biden starting new wars. So what is it you people want? Militarism or pacifism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 02:26 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
ive thought about how soulfully and profoundly we were united that period. i cried and wanted to hug everyone, strangers included. flags lined EVERY street, everything was a sea of flags. heros, everyone. people in line to donate blood, fundraising. my god

while it was the worst thing to happen in my life, the aftermath was the most beautiful and moving

and look at us now. with no common enemy, we infight.
We HAVE a common enemy. This enemy has killed 80 times more Americans than the 911 terrorists did. Back then we were united as a country, and all citizens would do whatever the government asked us to do to vanquish the enemy and keep our people safe. This time around many people won't help because it's just too inconvenient for them.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:31 PM

24,497 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Shouldn't the real question be whether America has what it takes to keep us from being struck again?

I think we has what it takes and the Democrats sent him packing which is going to open the world up for terrorists to get to work with little fear of reprisals.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:47 PM

24,497 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
ive thought about how soulfully and profoundly we were united that period. i cried and wanted to hug everyone, strangers included. flags lined EVERY street, everything was a sea of flags. heros, everyone. people in line to donate blood, fundraising. my god

while it was the worst thing to happen in my life, the aftermath was the most beautiful and moving

and look at us now. with no common enemy, we infight.

Well said.

Many of the kids today that are looting, burning, fighting the Police, stomping on the Flag and calling for the dismantling of our heritage and America itself were just babies when 9/11 happened. I wonder how many feel the same as Representative Illhan Omar expressed about that terrible day when she said what is the big deal that "some people did something?"

How soon people forget how united we were. How sad it is that so many are not taught what happened that day.

If we were attacked like that again one has to wonder what the response would be with a Dem or a Rep in office. We all know how Trump would react and it would be tough a fast with a "damn the torpedoes" approach. The Biden Bunch is a different story. Yes Obama authorized the hit on bin laden but what was his and Hillary's response as our embassy burned in Benghazi? They played politics while people died and continued the peaceful protest gone wrong lie to this day.

Benghazi was really the last time our President was tested by terrorists and that day the terrorists won.

I just don't think the Biden Bunch has what it takes to meet force with force if we suffer another attack because they will weigh the politics of it but guess what the terrorists don't care for politics, they only know one thing and that is violence.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:52 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
If we had another attack like 9/11 republicans would say NY is a liberal hellhole that deserved what happened to them.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:22 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes but that was then and this is now. I think the Dems have changed into a bunch of pajama boys that care more about how they appear to the "woke" Social Justice Warriors of the world than they do about fighting people that attack us.

If you remember there was not a lot of celebration when bin laden was taken out. Not that we should have been parading his body around like a bunch of heathens in the middle ages but he was responsible for murdering thousands of innocent victims but I remember when Obama made the announcement. He seemed almost saddened and certainly delivered the news with a somber tone. I guess he did not want to upset other terrorists and spur them to more action?

I fear that with Biden/Harris if someone steps on our throats in the future they will apologize for getting in the way and soiling their shoe.

You're going to have to pick a lane here, Todd. You and others here talk out of both sides of your mouths when it comes to Democrats/liberals. To you, we are overly emotional, ineffectual "pajama boys (and girls)" and at the same time, a cabal of special forces shadow qu--rs hell bent on destroying America. I think if you stop and consider what you're saying, those two things kinda cancel one another out. So which is it?

I find what you're saying fantastically offensive. You are inferring that "the left" aren't prepared to defend our country. After High School I tried to enlist. It was all I wanted to do at the time. I was disqualified from serving because I have flat feet. My recruiter and I tried to get a medical waiver. We fought their decision for months. I was devastated. It took a long time to realize there's more than one way to serve the country. To infer that I don't love America just as much as you do, and wouldn't fight to defend her simply because I'm a liberal...it's offensive. The same goes for Joe Biden. He loves our country just as much as you do, and would do what needed to be done to protect her.

This tribalism is some bullsh--, and if you really thought about it you'd agree.

Quote:

If you remember there was not a lot of celebration when bin laden was taken out.

I get that a ticker tape parade, and Americans pouring into the streets partying, would have gotten you in the feels. That you would have liked that very much. BUT that wouldn't have done anything to solve the problem we were facing at the time, and would have pissed off ISIS even more, and encouraged even more attacks and violence. Generally speaking, pissing off batsh-- crazy people with guns, who really, really want to die in "battle", so they can get them some of them 72 virgins...is a pretty bad idea.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:03 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
I was adding my 2 cents to a thread here in the POC forum and I remembered the other evening heading home with my wife, we were listening to Toby Keith songs. He had this one song "The angry American" also known as "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" the he released shortly after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Those were terrible times but the people of this country united against a common enemy as a wave of Patriotism swept the country.

It is an awesome song.
I used to love Toby Keith. The first time I ever heard "Should have been a cowboy," I had just forded a stream in my ancient 4wd Explorer and was almost to the top of the Uncomphraghre Plateau on a back back road that only me and that Explorer could climb. I sang along, changing the lyrics to "Should have been a cowGIRL!" I never felt like more of a Westerner or more of an American girl in my life. I had most every CD Toby Keith ever put out and knew all the lyrics by heart.

I was extremely disappointed in Toby when he decided that his recording career required him to play on the basest instincts of his fans and record songs that were little better than xenophobic rants. I haven't listened to Toby Keith every since he started putting out songs like "The Angry American."

Quote:
If the terrorist attack happened with Trump in charge is there any doubt that he would go after those responsible in a big way?
YES

I am filled with doubt and if you could be bothered to remember the events of Trump's presidency, you would be doubtful as well.

Of the 19 soulless jihadists involved in the 9/11 attacks, fully 15 of them were from Saudi Arabia. Had Trump been in charge, his ongoing love affair with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman would have prevented Trump from doing anything other than to offer to sell Saudi Arabia even more arms and send the US Army's 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment (3rd ACR) to Riyadah post haste to guard the Saudi Royal family from all harm.

Trump adores the millions that the Saudis have spent at various Trump resorts thus propping up the failing Trump hotel empire. Plus, Trump loves to sell Saudi Arabia weapons of every sort for use in their various wars - especially the one in Yemen. Remember the war in Yemen? Remember all the starving Yemeni children courtesy of US made weapons that the Saudis are all too happy to wield?

Saudi Arabia - and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.
- Donald Trump

And here are a few Trump quotes on what great customers the Saudis are for US weaponry also:

Six-hundred-and-forty-five million dollars, $6 billion - that's for frigates. Eight-hundred-and-eighty-nine million, $63 million. And that's for various artillery.

They spend $400 to $450 billion over a period of time...

...All money, all jobs, buying equipment.

But I'm not like a fool that says we don't want to do business with them.

- Donald Trump

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/18/76204...h-saudi-arabia

Quote:
Toby Keith's song, like many of his are, is a tribute to Patriotism, to the Glory of America and they inspire good people to MAGA but with Biden/Harris I feel that we have somehow lost Pride for our country.
The reason you feel that "we have somehow lost Pride for our country" is thanks to the dispiriting effect of 4 grueling years of the Trump so-called presidency. It has been 4 years filled with Trump's lies and obvious indifference to anything but his own financial gain, Country be damned.

As Samuel Johnson wrote, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." Johnson was not referring to true patriots but rather those self professed "patriots" who committed morally questionable acts while wrapping themselves in their country's flag. Sound like anyone we know?

Quote:
Does the Left have what it takes if terrorists strike us again?
There's another thread on here that claims the Left is attempting to ready the country for another war in the Middle East. Apparently Trump's election loss has led to a certain amount of confusion and demoralization among the right wingers on this forum.

Joe Biden's eldest son Beau Biden, served in the US Army in Iraq and was awarded the Bronze Star for extraordinary heroism. You are probably unaware of this since Rush Limbaugh doesn't care to discuss such things.

Joe Biden is more of a patriot than ever Donald Trump the draft dodger in chief, would ever dream or dare to be. If you want to lie awake at night and listen to Toby Keith, at least listen to "Should have been a cowboy." It might improve your outlook.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:17 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Shouldn't the real question be whether America has what it takes to keep us from being struck again?
Excellent reply - THAT is exactly what we should be asking.

Old 11-23-2020, 08:21 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
I'm honestly not sure the right has what it takes. The evidence is proving more and more each day there was no election fraud, which means Trump's kicking and screaming is a direct thread against our democracy. The ones who still supporting that man are the ones who won't stand for anything. I've seen the left march in the street over and over for what they believe in. They are the side I'd trust to stand up for this country at the moment.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:00 AM

1,747 posts, read 880,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Obama --> bin Laden --> done.

While Obama may have authorized the mission, let's not forget that Joe Biden attempted to convince him not to. "we shouldn't rush this"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies