Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Republicans get behind Trump on a 2024 run?
Yes they will support him 32 36.36%
No they are done with Trump 12 13.64%
Mostly the radical factions of the party will support him 29 32.95%
They will choose a different less controversial candidate 15 17.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 04:07 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times

Advertisements

The Republican party (or whatever it is now) suffers from short memory syndrome. I think the luster of Trump will wear off, just as the Tea Party craze and attention to the national debt did, just as the party of 'moral authority' fell to the wayside, just as the 'thousand points of light and the 'faith based' calls for service did.

No one knows what bandwagon they'll attach to in 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 04:53 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Plenty of other great candidates, Sidney Powell, Giuliani.

The poll is a good indication how far right this site leans, 47% think they will support him, come on.

Quite the burnout from this election and we are talking about 2024 already.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
We need a republican with trumps policies but more of a obama/reagan type charisma.
Trump doesn't have 'policies'. He has Trump.

Trump just went along with whatever the Republican establishment required of him, and if you look at it you will see that is true.

Any Republican president would have done likewise, it just happened to be him.

He put their people in cabinet positions (more multi-billionaires than any other cabinet in history) and he put their people in charge of critical agencies: pro-business anti-labor operatives in charge of labor, pro-business anti-environment operatives in charge of the EPA. He hired one hell of a lot of special interest lobbyists.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:47 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
After Democrats destroy the economy Trump will win again.
What? I thought that was the Republican tradition.

Trump inherited a booming economy from Obama can't say the same about the Economy Obama inherited.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:58 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
Folks you cannot make this stuff up...bless his heart cause he is off and running.

Trump Is Planning To Hold A 2024 Campaign Event On The Day Of Biden’s Inauguration

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/11...uguration.html

Donald Trump is so desperate to hold onto the attention that he’s received over the past four years that he is planning to hold a campaign event on the day of Joe Biden’s inauguration next year.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:08 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You're welcome.
Any time you need a Republican to 'splain stuff to ya, you just let me know.
I appreciate that, I will take you up on that offer.

I really thought a convicted felon could not run for office, but I can't find anything to back that up, so I guess you are probably right and I was probably wrong

Old 11-28-2020, 08:11 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I appreciate that, I will take you up on that offer.

I really thought a convicted felon could not run for office, but I can't find anything to back that up, so I guess you are probably right and I was probably wrong
Can a felon run for president?

Yes, a person convicted of a felony can run for the office of President of the United States of America. The reason for this is that no part of the constitution prohibits a felon from contesting. The constitution spells out that all you have to do to become the president is to be 35 years old, a native-born American, be a resident of America. Also, he can only serve two terms of 4 years each at the maximum. But if he or she has already served up to two years of another person’s tenure, he or she can only go for one more term of 4 years thus meaning that he or she can only serve 6 years maximum. The only major negative effect of being convicted as a felon is that it hurts your character and this can be leveraged upon by your opponents.

Source https://www.thefreemanonline.org/can...for-president/

interesting.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:33 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Will Republicans get behind Trump on a 2024 run?

How could they?

Convicted felons will not be eligible to run. The party needs to look to the next generation of leadership, Trump is history and not a viable future candidate.
1. Convicted felons ARE eligible to run.
2. There is no chance Trump will be a convicted felon.
3. I'd prefer another candidate but we'll see how things play out.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:38 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Anyone whos not delusional and living in an alternate universe knows Biden will take office on Jan, 20th, 2021.

If Trump decides to run for a second term will the Republican establishment get behind him?

Personally I hope he does run in 2024 a sure fire way to keep a Republican out of the WH
4 years IS an eternity in politics. By then, trump will be tarnished by jail time, slowed down by poor health and money woes and replaced by younger, hungrier Republican politicians who will coalesce to beat down his reputation.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:38 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
What? I thought that was the Republican tradition.

Trump inherited a booming economy from Obama can't say the same about the Economy Obama inherited.
Bush was a horrendous President in almost every respect including his major contribution to the severe recession, but Clinton also pushed the policies that led to the crash. As did Obama in the Senate.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 11-28-2020 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies